2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 05:21
Stroll had 3 tenths advantage in each session and looked the strongest driver for once, but comes qualifying and Fernando drops almost 4 tenths on him.

That spin in Q1 was awfully convenient, does anyone have the onboard?
With a Mclaren in P18 I agree it was. I’d love to hear the radio and see the on board.
Was it Alonso who said that drivers who cause red and yellow flags shouldnt be allowed to progress into the next segment of qualifying?
Last edited by CjC on 29 Oct 2023, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Just a fan's point of view

xReVo
xReVo

Guys, this "developments for 2024" thing is not good. The rules will be identical to this year's except for a few small changes. So if the car doesn't run well now it's a big problem.

diffuser

CjC wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 12:25
KimiRai wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 05:21
Stroll had 3 tenths advantage in each session and looked the strongest driver for once, but comes qualifying and Fernando drops almost 4 tenths on him.

That spin in Q1 was awfully convenient, does anyone have the onboard?
With a Mclaren in P18 I agree it was. I’d love to hear the radio and see the on board.
Was it Alonso who said that drivers who cause red and yellow flags shouldnt be allowed to progress into the next segment of qualifying?
They've been telling Alonso all weekend to stay off the curb in turn 3, for better traction. He's been fighting that corner all weekend. He hit it hard the spin time trough.

max_speed
max_speed

Joseki wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 12:14
max_speed wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 06:57
KimiRai wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 06:17
We don't have the data so in my opinion it's too early to call it failed unless they admit it like they did with Canada's package. All we know is it goes in the same direction as the top teams.
Krack, dan can say whatever bs. In this business stop watch does not lie and is the only barometer. They have been the worst team in developing the car,lets not defend them.
You are asking for people to be sacked but the beginning of the season the very same people were all geniuses.

Thankfully no team is so reactionary and immature.
My take is they got lucky, their incompetence has been exposed. Wait till next year and you will demand same.

diffuser

max_speed wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 16:18
Joseki wrote:
max_speed wrote:

Krack, dan can say whatever bs. In this business stop watch does not lie and is the only barometer. They have been the worst team in developing the car,lets not defend them.
You are asking for people to be sacked but the beginning of the season the very same people were all geniuses.

My take is they got lucky, their incompetence has been exposed. Wait till next year and you will demand same.
I think you need to give them time to get the tools together. You're not comparing Apples to Apples yet. It even took Newey 5 years to build a good car after he joined RBR. Before that RBR was inconsistent. The plan has always been preparing for 2026.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Joseki wrote:
max_speed wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 06:17
We don't have the data so in my opinion it's too early to call it failed unless they admit it like they did with Canada's package. All we know is it goes in the same direction as the top teams.

Yep pretty much, its football mentality.

xReVo
xReVo

max_speed wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 16:18
Joseki wrote:
max_speed wrote:

It wasn't luck, many of their concepts were new. But now they are doing everything wrong and are not taking a step back. 2024 will be bad, the basis of the car is that of this year and it is a very serious problem

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso:

"This weekend seems particularly difficult for me. I wasn't doing a good job, always on the wrong foot and lacking confidence in the car. Lance may have had more confidence this weekend. I'm not at my best.

"I don't think it's the set-up. We've tried a lot since Singapore. It's more about the package and us. We go to the limit of grip all the time.

"We lose one or two tenths per corner, it's not that we are missing just one sector. We need to find more performance.

f1universe
f1universe

KimiRai wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 17:47
Alonso:

"This weekend seems particularly difficult for me. I wasn't doing a good job, always on the wrong foot and lacking confidence in the car. Lance may have had more confidence this weekend. I'm not at my best.

"I don't think it's the set-up. We've tried a lot since Singapore. It's more about the package and us. We go to the limit of grip all the time.

"We lose one or two tenths per corner, it's not that we are missing just one sector. We need to find more performance.
Sounds like he is making excuses for having a poor car blaming it on himself. Of course, he can't be perfect every weekend but these comments are bizarre when we know the car is --- and hard to drive right now-

Luscion
Luscion

The fact that it seems AM are yet again running the old spec to test against the new upgrades seems like they dont really understand whats going on

SSJ4
SSJ4

Wait so lance is running Qatar spec?

KimiRai
KimiRai

To be fair, 5th place is safe in constructors so it kind of makes sense with Lance starting at the back.

organic

It seems the right thing to do. They had great pace in the race at COTA with the new spec. So gather more data and understand why you are slow.

diffuser

SSJ4 wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 18:24
Wait so lance is running Qatar spec?
Maybe....it isn't what he had before. That is certain.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Apparently Stroll will be running Qatar parts but with an Austin-specific diffuser - more comparisons? Are they trying to determine which part may be causing problems?
Last edited by KimiRai on 29 Oct 2023, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.