2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

search wrote:
28 Oct 2023, 09:35
organic wrote:
28 Oct 2023, 01:30
Car was mega here as expected. Monster through S2 compared to its competitors
why was it to be expected? Because of the Honda turbo, or is there something I missed?

Last year AT was completely crap in Mexico, and Verstappen also said that the Honda advantage is gone. So I'd think there must be a different reason?
i think its clear from quali that the ferrari and honda works well in high altitude the real disappointment is renault which used to be really good.i dont think the honda advantage is gone ,i dont see Max doing lift and coast during race like merc.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Any insight into Dan Riccs long run pace from Friday??

organic

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/gasly ... /10540140/
“We always look at the characteristics of the track,” said Eddolls. “And we do that every week, every event, but there are certain events where we come with let's say, a baseline setup that's a bit different to normal. So a Monaco, a Singapore, or Baku in particular.

“And here, and I guess over the years, it seems that the car mechanically is very good. So everyone's struggling with grip, so if you've got a good car, mechanically, that helps.

“And as I say, with our aero package here, yeah, we haven't quite got the efficiency of some of the others but for this track, we've got the load in the corners. And it does suit this this event but yeah, we do come here with some of this a bit standout.”

He added: “Just various things on the mechanical side, really, mainly on the mechanical side.”

Eddolls acknowledged that the Honda power unit is also very effective in Mexico.

“I think that the Honda engine does seem very strong, even at altitude,” he said. “I'm sure all teams are losing some performance compared to if we were racing this track at sea level but we're talking quite small numbers with Honda.

“I can't speak for others. But the Honda engine we know is strong, [and has] good drivability. And I think it manages these altitudes well.”

Bill
Bill

Wasted opportunity by yuki to score some big points.he need to tame his impatient the track may be difficult to overtake but that not an excuse.he was keeping pace with norris on the hard he would have been just as fast.

organic

Bill wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 00:10
Wasted opportunity by yuki to score some big points.he need to tame his impatient the track may be difficult to overtake but that not an excuse.he was keeping pace with norris on the hard he would have been just as fast.
Yeah a big mistake that cost between 2 and 6 points. A shame but no worries as his drive up to that point was very good

runningmanz
runningmanz

Dan justifying the faith put him with this AT seat. Superb drive mixing it with thectop teams. 1 more lap and he had George for 6th! Great haul of points for the team! So much for being overrated as one poster here kept saying..👏👍

Bill
Bill

pace was good but greed got the better of him same as lewis cutting russell in qatar.yuki did the same to perez in singapore he need to learn

Rikhart
Rikhart

Not quite convinced that was Tsunoda's fault, he was fully ahead already and then tapped from behind. Haven't managed to see good replays post race yet though.

Bill
Bill

He made a sudden chop to right to cover piatri from retaking the position.yuki passed him ealy after the restart but piatri retook it so i guess he wanted to prevent that and take advantage of fresh tires so its easy to say he was impatient.

search

did anyone check what happened at Tsunoda's first stop? Must have lost close to 10s there.

Madhouse

Good showings in the race by both drivers. Shame Yuki did not get points.

djos

Bill wrote:
Yuki was having a great race until he stupidly tried to drive through Oscar. That was just clumsy and he shouldn’t be making those kind of mistakes after 4 years in F1!

Great job by Daniel to bag a big haul of points. I was surprised the team didn’t put him on mediums for the stint after the red flag. He might have been able to keep Russell at bay.
"In downforce we trust"

organic

djos wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 04:18
Bill wrote:
Yuki was having a great race until he stupidly tried to drive through Oscar. That was just clumsy and he shouldn’t be making those kind of mistakes after 4 years in F1!

Agreed, but Lewis did the same in Qatar and Sergio on lap 1 today. Admittedly this wasn't lap 1, but all drivers make misjudgements and turn 1 at mexico on the outside seems to be an easy one

runningmanz
runningmanz

Dan could have even possibly bagged 5th today without that bloody SC. Still a great haul of points for the team. Amazing how far the car has come lately. Surely as the team has mentioned Dan's input has helped in this regard too.

CHT
CHT

RB may have started migrating some of RB19 DNA over