2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

CHT wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 04:36
RB may have started migrating some of RB19 DNA over
I don’t think so, the transferable parts list don’t allow for concepts to be transferred, only parts.
"In downforce we trust"

organic

djos wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 04:46
CHT wrote:
I don’t think so, the transferable parts list don’t allow for concepts to be transferred, only parts.
Marko, Tost, Egerton have been speaking all year about working more closely with RB and starting to take "as much as they can" whereas previously they may not have been attempting to move towards the RB ideas at all - blank canvas as such. And this evolution of aero and mechanical concept will have, if you assume RB are close to the ceiling, naturally exploited to a greater extent the performance of the components they have taken from RB such as rear suspension, gearbox etc

I would also say there is communication of ideas between engineers. AT share a wind tunnel with RB meaning there absolutely is contact between people and things can be discussed over coffee. They're even trying to bring this physical connection closer by establishing a base in the UK that can help them "work more closely" with RB. I think Haas with things like the S-duct, their identical aero concepts prove that you can acquire more than just transferable components

djos

organic wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 04:51
djos wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 04:46
CHT wrote:
Marko, Tost, Egerton have been speaking all year about working more closely with RB and starting to take "as much as they can" whereas previously they may not have been attempting to move towards the RB ideas at all - blank canvas as such. And this evolution of aero and mechanical concept will have, if you assume RB are close to the ceiling, naturally exploited to a greater extent the performance of the components they have taken from RB such as rear suspension, gearbox etc

I would also say there is communication of ideas between engineers. AT share a wind tunnel with RB meaning there absolutely is contact between people and things can be discussed over coffee. They're even trying to bring this physical connection closer by establishing a base in the UK that can help them "work more closely" with RB. I think Haas with things like the S-duct, their identical aero concepts prove that you can acquire more than just transferable components
That is a good point - after some googling of comments from various teams, there is no limit on "co-operation" as long as it doesn't involve working together directly.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

10th to 8th and what an extra $20 million in prize money apparently. Can we catch Williams?

djos

runningmanz wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 05:58
10th to 8th and what an extra $20 million in prize money apparently. Can we catch Williams?

https://snipboard.io/qi6CnA.jpg
Nice! Although, It would have been even more points and dollars if Yuki kept his head on straight.
"In downforce we trust"

search

search wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 01:41
did anyone check what happened at Tsunoda's first stop? Must have lost close to 10s there.
just checked it on the onboard myself: they changed the front wing.

runningmanz
runningmanz

runningmanz wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 05:58

https://snipboard.io/qi6CnA.jpg
Yeah extra points def left on the table. Will be interesting to see what sort of pace the car has in Brazil.

Wouter

runningmanz wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 00:14
Dan justifying the faith put him with this AT seat. Superb drive mixing it with thectop teams.
1 more lap and he had George for 6th! Great haul of points for the team!
So much for being overrated as one poster here kept saying..👏👍

You may mention my name, it is Wouter. How long are you going to keep doing this?! You attacked me several times last week
and I then decided not to post anything more here because of your harassing behavior towards me on this thread
which was always very cozy and I always enjoyed posting a lot of info.
Even after I indicated here that because of your behavior and others I stopped posting you keep on calling me negative
without mentioning my name! Why?
You were never here on the SAT thread and now that your beloved Ricciardo is driving for SAT you come out from under your rock.
Wouter wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 18:23
I am NOT posting to elicit a reaction!! I am not trolling!!

Tjeez, can/may I only be positive of Ricciardo on this forum?

Almost no one here posted on this SAT thread I opened last December until recently.
I was almost the only one who kept providing information and now I'm no longer allowed to post my opinion here?!

This was my last post on the SAT thread. 24 Oct 2023, 18:23

Again you glorify him. Ricciardo started in 4th place and finished in 7th place.
Before the red flag after 33 laps he was already 30 seconds behind Max and after the restart where the race started again
he was 41 seconds behind Max in 37 laps at the end. What's so great about that?
Added up, that's 71 seconds slower than the race winner.
You can't conclude from that that he had a good race with the AT04 which was very fast this weekend.
Moreover, he didn't show any nice moves. Just hobbled along with the rest and got caught up.

Yuki on the other hand had to start from place 18 because of a new PU, struggled through the field, was often stuck behind someone
much slower and drove to 8th place in 33 laps!
Meanwhile, he had gone from the M to the H and because of that pit stop which took a very long time,
already had to fight his way back from place 18 to 8th place again!
After the new start he was stuck behind Piastri and they fought hard for several laps for that 7th place.
Unfortunately they hit each other and Yuki fell back to 16th place and still finished in 12th place. Caught up with other drivers again.

Comparing this race speed and many overtakes, Yuki drove much better than Ricciardo and showed the true speed of the AT04
both on the M-H-H tires.
Anyway, your behavior towards me still keeps me away from here. I hope you are proud of yourself.
Have a nice day.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Nice trolling there mate.

The fact is Daniel out qualified many legitimately superior cars and was able to bring home 80% of Yuki’s season points haul in one race.

Yuki failed to overtake a wounded McLaren and crashed out of the race bringing home zero points.
Last edited by djos on 30 Oct 2023, 15:58, edited 2 times in total.
"In downforce we trust"

search

I think it was a good performance from both. Tsunoda looked quicker in the race to me as well, but he could prepare (his car) for it all weekend, so it's not really a fair comparison.

And if you compare the pre-/post red flag time gaps, you of also need to mention that while Ricciardo had pitted already, Tsunoda got a free stop under red. I doubt the plan was to go to the end on that first set of hards, which already were almost 30 laps old at that point.

djos

search wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 12:22
I think it was a good performance from both. Tsunoda looked quicker in the race to me as well, but he could prepare (his car) for it all weekend, so it's not really a fair comparison.

And if you compare the pre-/post red flag time gaps, you of also need to mention that while Ricciardo had pitted already, Tsunoda got a free stop under red. I doubt the plan was to go to the end on that first set of hards, which already were almost 30 laps old at that point.
Yuki was Mega in the race, right up to the time he tried to drive through Oscar’s McLaren. That was just unforgivable for a team so desperately in need of points.
"In downforce we trust"

basti313
basti313

djos wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 12:37
search wrote:

Yuki was Mega in the race, right up to the time he tried to drive through Oscar’s McLaren. That was just unforgivable for a team so desperately in need of points.
Well...it was telling how the Sky commentators in Germany were talking about the overtakes...each time someone went close like Lando or Ric they said: "You can not do this with a Tsunoda or Stroll".
They are not really biased, so for me this is telling that I am not completely wrong when I say that Tsunoda was again doing Tsunoda things...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wouter

search wrote:
I think it was a good performance from both. Tsunoda looked quicker in the race to me as well,
but he could prepare (his car) for it all weekend, so it's not really a fair comparison.

And if you compare the pre-/post red flag time gaps, you of also need to mention that while Ricciardo had pitted already,
Tsunoda got a free stop under red.
I doubt the plan was to go to the end on that first set of hards, which already were almost 30 laps old at that point.
Yuki could only prepare his car in FP2 and FP3. Ricciardo had also FP1.
When the SC came in Yuki's tyres were 23 laps old. Ric's 4 laps old. Both had 1 pitstop. Yuki got a new set during RF..
Yuki and Ricciardo both lost time to one pitstop. Same amount of time.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

It’s true tho, eg George and Daniel and Lando and Daniel raced each other hard but fair, and didn’t crash into each other.
"In downforce we trust"

search

Wouter wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 12:51
When the SC came in Yuki's tyres were 23 laps old. Ric's 4 laps old. Both had 1 pitstop. Yuki got a new set during RF..
Yuki and Ricciardo both lost time to one pitstop. Same amount of time.
So you don't think Tsunoda was on a two stop strategy, Ricciardo on a one stop?