2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
31 Jan 2024, 19:17
Newey on the Rb17

- Adrian says we'll see pictures of their full scale model "at some point in the summer"
- Rb17 running on track in 2025, manufacture of the actual car in 2026
- "the car is capable of Formula 1 laptimes"
- Engine on dyno in summer
- Proper unveiling on track at Austrian GP 2025 ideally

stated specs:

under 900kg, 2 seater, high revving naturally aspirated 1000hp v10 with 15k rev limit, 200hp electric motor, active suspension, downforce capped at 1.7 tons but can achieve that at 150mph, own weight in downforce produced at 120mph, blown diffuser, efficiency "unprecedented for a road car"

Newey on Rb20:

"will be an evolution of the 2022 car" suggests that they're being on more conservative side and "developing what we've got" rather than having research groups trying left-field ideas
It doesn’t look like they are making a big step with the 20, does it?
Not that they needed a big step, let’s be clear 😁
Maybe the one second that Dennis said Ferrari and Mercedes would need to compete with them is not that far from the reality (0.5s/lap advantage at the end of 2023 + 0.5s they found during the winter).

organic

:D We'll see. Not sure how much I buy into what they're saying anyway. Why are RB so secretive about revealing the car but simultaneously willing to tell all in interviews weeks before revealing it ? Never adds up

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

What if this "Adrian is going to be working on the RB17" was a cover for gardening leave.

Surely not. :lol:

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 18:09
What if this "Adrian is going to be working on the RB17" was a cover for gardening leave.

What do you mean?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 18:14
AR3-GP wrote:

What do you mean?
:lol: I'm not being very serious, but with everyone jumping ship to Ferrari at the moment...even those who swore their careers would end with certain teams...you just never know.

stewie325
stewie325

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 18:15
organic wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 18:14
AR3-GP wrote:

What do you mean?
:lol: I'm not being very serious, but with everyone jumping ship to Ferrari at the moment...
With today's news, I'm 100% inclined (as if there was any doubt?) to believe Horner's comments that Hamilton's team approached him for a move to RB. If Hamilton was flirting around with Ferrari it would have started some time ago, and if he'd considered a move then RB would be the logical choice for someone desperate for another title. Horner deserves an apology from those nay-sayers when the dust settles :3

dren

What's the chance that Sainz makes his way back to RB?
Honda!

organic

dren wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 18:22
Sainz hates a pointy car also off-trakc politics and marko recently talked about how atmosphere was very messy at TR in 2015.. basically rules it out. Maybe it could happen but I don't think so

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 18:27
dren wrote:
Sainz hates a pointy car also off-trakc politics and marko recently talked about how atmosphere was very messy at TR in 2015.. basically rules it out. Maybe it could happen but I don't think so
I don't know how he fits driving style wise, but I do think he will be at RB in 2025. Horner already hinted at such last year when everyone thought the RB seat is between Checo and Ricciardo but he clarified that there are other candidates. It was also rumored last year that Sainz was talking to RB and this year that Ricciardo at Visa Cash App is a marketing thing. Sainz was a RB junior.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 19:26
organic wrote:
dren wrote:
I don't know how he fits driving style wise, but I do think he will be at RB in 2025. Horner already hinted at such last year when everyone thought the RB seat is between Checo and Ricciardo but he clarified that there are other candidates. It was also rumored last year that Sainz was talking to RB and this year that Ricciardo at Visa Cash App is a marketing thing. Sainz was a RB junior.
Some quotes about Sainz and why I don't think they'd bring him back. Bringing Albon back (who Marko believes is on a 1+1 deal like Lewis and may be available), Even Perez himself is probably better than the political battles than Sainz
The atmosphere between the two at Toro Rosso was quite toxic. With the set-up we had then, I couldn't see a way to keep him with us, so Carlos went to Renault, McLaren and then Ferrari
We had Sainz and Verstappen at the same time. That wasn't a healthy relationship with Toro Rosso," Marko said.
Internally we sometimes had to take tough action, even if it was to the outside world always looked harmonious."
"On the one hand the shrewd politician Carlos Sainz Senior, on the other hand, the emotional three-way Jos Verstappen. Sometimes things really got heated. With the promotion of Max, we defused it in one fell swoop. Father Sainz was of course offended to death and no longer understood the world

Vanja #66

With the whole chaos that ensues in 2024 and 2025, RB is in a good place, watching the turmoil from the top. These events might just have made their next two season that bit easier. Not that it will change anything for the team, it might even incite them to work even harder towards 2025 and especially 2026.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 19:37
AR3-GP wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 19:26
organic wrote:

Some quotes about Sainz and why I don't think they'd bring him back. Bringing Albon back (who Marko believes is on a 1+1 deal like Lewis and may be available), Even Perez himself is probably better than the political battles than Sainz
The atmosphere between the two at Toro Rosso was quite toxic. With the set-up we had then, I couldn't see a way to keep him with us, so Carlos went to Renault, McLaren and then Ferrari
We had Sainz and Verstappen at the same time. That wasn't a healthy relationship with Toro Rosso," Marko said.
Internally we sometimes had to take tough action, even if it was to the outside world always looked harmonious."
"On the one hand the shrewd politician Carlos Sainz Senior, on the other hand, the emotional three-way Jos Verstappen. Sometimes things really got heated. With the promotion of Max, we defused it in one fell swoop. Father Sainz was of course offended to death and no longer understood the world
What I remember at the time is that it was Sainz Snr and Verstappen Snr that had the problems and made things toxic. The two drivers didn't have any issues with each other. Sainz Jnr said nice things when Ver won his championships.

organic

My point is that the fathers are still there and especially in Carlos' case the father is very much still involved. I don't think Marko would open the door to that again especially because there's no real need for it. Max doesn't need a competitive #2 with the cars that RB is producing. Maybe 2026 onwards that's a different story but driver market will be different by then

JPower
JPower

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 21:02

What I remember at the time is that it was Sainz Snr and Verstappen Snr that had the problems and made things toxic. The two drivers didn't have any issues with each other. Sainz Jnr said nice things when Ver won his championships.
Exactly. That was 10 years ago. Things change. Marko was very complimentary of Sainz this past year and they've likely talked about a seat. They would be ignorant not to especially considering Sainz competition for the seat would be Perez, Yuki, and Ricciardo.

Not saying he's a definite first choice but he has to throw his name in the ring.

Wouter

redbullracing:
Hamda will be driving for us for F1 Academy, Amna for @visacashapprb and Emely for Red Bull 🥰

Hamda and Amna are the daughters of Khaled Al Qubaisi, he used to be a racing driver.
The Power of Dreams!