2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Cs98 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 00:52
Besides, who are these engineers? So far just rumours from Italian media. Loic Serra obviously pre-dates this move.
Rumours so far suggest Riccardo Musconi (Head of Trackside Performance) and Andrew Shovlin (Trackside Engineering Director)

https://racingnews365.com/key-mercedes- ... ari-switch
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/02/ ... to-ferrari

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

In addition to Bono.

MTL79
MTL79

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 15:44
LM10 wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 13:35
Besides the other positives Lewis would bring to the team I really hope a dominant PU 2026 in the pipeline to be his major motivation to go to Ferrari. [-o<
There is little reason to expect any current manufacturer will have loads of issues with 26 PUs, ICE is basically the same architecture and the difference will be the fuel. Oil partners are working on that for a while already and no reason to expect any of them will have too much trouble. The most important aspect will probably be establishing the right harvesting and deployment strategies in the race, when to safely harvest on the straights and when to use full power.

RBPT and Audi, on the other hand, will have their work cut out. I'd bet RBPT will be ok in terms of outright power, but will suffer with reliability in 26. Audi will likely be reverse, or suffer on both fronts.

In other news, Marko is himself again of course

https://www-formulapassion-it.translate ... r_pto=wapp

Regarding what the Hamilton-Leclerc dream team will be, Marko has no doubts: the Englishman will be the favorite to start . The #16 will be "ahead on the flying lap" , but as far as the championship is concerned, Hamilton will be the horse to bet on. According to Marko, the Briton is better than Leclerc in the race and "will also establish himself politically as Ferrari's global superstar"
So Marko actually sees the threat in Leclerc, unsurprisingly
Fomenting the seeds of doubt in Leclerc can lead him to exiting Ferrari early. Maybe Red Bull wants him in 2 years time...

dialtone
dialtone

MTL79 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 04:57
Fomenting the seeds of doubt in Leclerc can lead him to exiting Ferrari early. Maybe Red Bull wants him in 2 years time...
If Leclerc can't beat a 40 year old driver in a team where he has been adored for 6 years then maybe he's not the guy.

Top drivers that are thinking about racing against Max in a RedBull should be more concerned about said RedBull rather than team mates.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dialtone wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 05:02
MTL79 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 04:57
If Leclerc can't beat a 40 year old driver in a team where he has been adored for 6 years then maybe he's not the guy.
4 of them were under Binotto.

Cs98
Cs98

KimiRai wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 03:47
Cs98 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 00:52
Besides, who are these engineers? So far just rumours from Italian media. Loic Serra obviously pre-dates this move.
Rumours so far suggest Riccardo Musconi (Head of Trackside Performance) and Andrew Shovlin (Trackside Engineering Director)

https://racingnews365.com/key-mercedes- ... ari-switch
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/02/ ... to-ferrari
However, it is also written that neither is enticed with that prospect right now due to concerns over having to relocate their entire families to a completely different country.

Referring to Bono and Shov. All well and good to throw names out there, but it doesn't mean those people want to do it. I can't imagine Ferrari can offer much better pay given the CC. And let's not forget, Lewis leaving poses an exciting challenge for the people who stay at Merc too, they probably feel they have something to prove. I don't predict a major exodus.

F1NAC

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 04:04
In addition to Bono.
I wouldn't count him. Especially after those photos that are circulating online with him at some event in company of Horner family.

If he is to move, he'll go to RB.

Luscion
Luscion

Formula.uno and Dutchessa saying Lewis' move to Ferrari was a "presidential decree" from Elkann and that only 4 to 5 people knew about it, one being Charles who reacted very positively about the move. Lewis will not be coming alone, they want to make Lewis happy so whoever wants to jump ship with him would be welcomed

Last edited by Luscion on 05 Feb 2024, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

Props to Elkann on his OpSec. Nobody breathed a word about this over the winter until the day the contract was signed and sealed.

mstar
mstar

Well John elkann can take the credit right now, but the ground work was done by Sergio merichonni (before he died) in 2018 he visited marenello with piero and Sergio about a move, but mercedes at time convinced him to stay. But piero said lewis said "I will drive for ferrari one day".

My take is a little different angle. Do they think Charles is fast maybe can win a wdc one day but alone (as 2022) he maybe needs time and they need a more consistent season long performer for a wcc ?

Vanja #66

Hamilton was the first to approach Ferrari (and Red Bull) in 2012 before he was suggested Merc is doing something unexpected with their PU. His agents wanted to associate him with a powerful car brand, since McLaren was just getting started at the time, so Ferrari was their ideal choice. As far as I remember, nothing was seriously considered by Ferrari (Domenicalli) since Alonso and Massa were a well-working duo.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Fluido
Fluido

As long Adrian Newey is in Red Bull, other teams dont have chance to win championships. Adrian will be world champion 2024 and 2025 again, with ease...
Chance for other teams are at 2026, because it is unlikely that Red Bull-Ford engine can compete for wins first few years..
Remember all this years Red Bull has best aero-package just Renault engine was bad so they cant compete for wins..

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

F1NAC wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 09:30
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 04:04
In addition to Bono.
I wouldn't count him. Especially after those photos that are circulating online with him at some event in company of Horner family.

If he is to move, he'll go to RB.
Just because Bono is seen in some photos with Horner family (?), doesn't mean has hasn't been Hamilton's engineer for almost a decade now. I've also seen photos of Toto Wolff and other drivers with Horner family. I think Bono is off to Maranello.

mstar
mstar

Bono be little use as last race is in December new car is good enough done and dusted and leaves him little time to get up to speed. and this also excludes gardening leave so maybe won't be able to start until Jan/feb 2025. Only way he can do this is to resign and do his gardening leave while lewis is racing and another race engineer takes his place? Correct me if I am wrong, but I can't see how bono benefit lewis in his first season until very late. He have to get up to speed In like weeks and he has family too so it's hard for him to integrate quickly.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

mstar wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:38
Bono be little use as last race is in December new car is good enough done and dusted and leaves him little time to get up to speed. and this also excludes gardening leave so maybe won't be able to start until Jan/feb 2025. Only way he can do this is to resign and do his gardening leave while lewis is racing and another race engineer takes his place? Correct me if I am wrong, but I can't see how bono benefit lewis in his first season until very late. He have to get up to speed In like weeks and he has family too so it's hard for him to integrate quickly.
You can't see how Bono benefits Lewis at Ferrari? :wtf:

Bono is Hamilton's right hand on the track. He is Hamilton's "translator" if that makes sense.