Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

[...]
The fact is, none of this can be purported to be black and white (on either side).
You can have an opinion but that doesn’t make it fact. You can dislike his management/interview style or his defensive stance protecting his team. All points I can get on board with. Still just an opinion.

I’m bowing out until actual facts are known. As this is descending more into emotional rather a rational discussion.
Last edited by Steven on 09 Feb 2024, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cut response to deleted post

boiler
boiler

I wonder if this is a Chicago Bulls/Ferrari situation, everyone forgets how the success was achieved and they think they can do it better so they run the leaders out and it all falls apart.....

mendis
mendis

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:55
dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:53
AR3-GP wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:49

The content of the article proves the opposite of what the author intended. The examples in the piece (Kravitz-gate, Cost cap gate) show that Christian Horner defends his team from outsiders. Christian Horner even defended Checo Perez numerous times from naysayers in this thread and beyond...Most employees could only hope that their bosses defend them rather than throw them under the bus.
I think you missed the underlying point of the article, It's not what he did, it's how he did it.
How Horner treats "invaders" doesn't give any insight to how he treats the very people he has sworn to defend in his position (his team).

I can only offer your this excerpt posted the other day by an employee of RBR:
I have worked at RBR for over 20 years and I just wanted to say one thing. Firstly, none of us at the factory are any wiser as to what’s happened and this post is nothing to do with speculation or rumour.

What I did want to comment on is Christian’s character. I read a lot of comments on here saying he’s “like this” or his attitude is “like that”. It’s simply not true, he’s a natural born leader and literally everyone at work thinks very highly of him.

When he took over from Dave Pitchforth the workforce was incredibly disappointed. We all loved Dave and didn’t really know anything about Christian. It took no time at all for us all to warm to him. He makes a point to say hello or good morning to everyone, he’s approachable and he always has a smile on his face, even during tense or stressful times.

Like I said, I don’t know what the legal issues are here, but I won’t just let people say untruths about a man who I know to be a bloody decent bloke.
Again, this really just comes down to people who disagree with any opinion or defense that is to the benefit of RB for the usual list of reasons....otherwise I'm unsure how you can draw the conclusions that you have from that article. They say nothing about how he treats the people that he leads, but only how he treats those who disparage his team. I feel that this is a rather elementary point.
+1. Very well put. No offence to dans79. This is good argument - counter argument.

Zynerji

I stay away of these types of conversations as they are unfortunately part of my daily life.

I can say, however, that the companies involved with any accusation will 99.9999999999% terminate if an investigation is even started. They all seem to fall back on the "rogue employee, not the company" PR spin, but sadly, I've seen good people released for the slightest of things simply to cover a bad look. Even if the accusations are not true. I've seen severance packages in 7 figures after an exonerating investigating result, but the need to save face for the company.

I have no faith that Horner survives this. Bring in Arrivabenne!

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

I just wonder why these opinion pieces are just being written. If the journalist has always had a problem with Horner's style, why didn't he write an article on it all these years? After all Horner has been around for close to 20 years! It's the usual "pile on" from agenda driven journalists. I'm not a fan of Horner or Red Bull in the slightest, I actually can't stand the fella, but it's obvious what's at play here, he's not being given a fair hearing.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mendis
mendis

boiler wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 20:00
I wonder if this is a Chicago Bulls/Ferrari situation, everyone forgets how the success was achieved and they think they can do it better so they run the leaders out and it all falls apart.....

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Ground Effect wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 20:09
I just wonder why these opinion pieces are just being written. If the journalist has always had a problem with Horner's style, why didn't he write an article on it all these years? After all Horner has been around for close to 20 years! It's the usual "pile on" from agenda driven journalists. I'm not a fan of Horner or Red Bull in the slightest, I actually can't stand the fella, but it's obvious what's at play here, he's not being given a fair hearing.
I see Syed pieces history he has been consistent in praising Horner for achievements and also calling out Horner for abrasive actions.
He gives examples why.
Toto gets this stuff week in week out. Even during susie story a pic sitting for lunch with domenicalli got him accused of corruption :lol:

Sieper

dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 17:58
A very strong opinion piece, that i have to say isn't wrong!
https://i.ibb.co/pW1ws04/20240208-213003.jpg
I read the first paragraph and it only informs us readers of Ted Kravitz saying Lewis was robbed. It fails to inform us of the fact this was just one in a long row of statements and opinions uttered by him. He is as much of a crazed fanboy as many here and it is very hard to deal with if that goes under the moniker of journalism. That could have been addressed, should have been. Otherwise it can never be a balanced piece that it pretends to be.

dans79

Ground Effect wrote:
I just wonder why these opinion pieces are just being written. If the journalist has always had a problem with Horner's style, why didn't he write an article on it all these years?
Syed has written stuff about it in the past, he even referenced one of his pieces in the article, and the consequences of writing it.
I found myself under attack for the column on Twitter, now X, from people associated with Red Bull, via email, and even through a complaint to the Independent Press Standards Organization (Ipso) describing the article as "disgustingly inaccurate" and "dangerous". Ipso found no grounds to identify a breach of the Editors Code of Practice.
One of the reasons a lot of people haven't seen much of the articles like this one from Syed, is because they show up in newspapers. Sadly as someone who's first job at 11 was delivering newspapers, I have to say old school print media is dead.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Cs98
Cs98

Ground Effect wrote:
Syed is a coward. He did an interview with Horner just a few weeks ago on Sky, specifically talking about leadership. Not once did he raise any concerns or give any pushback on Horner or his leadership style. Then now, in the information vacuum of a brewing controversy surrounding Horner, he writes a hit piece saying he was always concerned. Well, why didn't you bring it up when you were speaking to the man just a few weeks ago? It was the perfect setting to talk about just that. :lol: Truly spineless behaviour. And the content of the article is just generic. TPs are hypocrites by trade, they protect their own when attacked from media or otherwise and go on the offensive when they smell blood from someone else, that's their job. Toto famously talks about adopting a "bunker mentality", this is what that is in action.

dans79

Cs98 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:18
Well, why didn't you bring it up when you were speaking to the man just a few weeks ago? I
Maybe he was afraid Horner would go after him, or that Fans of Horner would go after him like they have in the past when he was critical of him.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:22
Cs98 wrote:
Well, why didn't you bring it up when you were speaking to the man just a few weeks ago? I
Maybe he was afraid Horner would go after him, or that Fans of Horner would go after him like they have in the past when he was critical of him.
:?: A journalist who is afraid of people who are disagree with him?! :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:25
dans79 wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
:?: A journalist who is afraid of people who are disagree with him?! :lol:
he is referring to the people that tried to get his press credentials revoked (and failed), or sent him what I assume are harassing email (something that is illegal in my part of the world)
201 105 104 9 9 7

Cs98
Cs98

dans79 wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
Fans of Horner are less likely to come after him after this hit piece when Horner is not even in a position to respond? He literally had the perfect opportunity to broach this topic when just the two of them were having a chat about leadership. He could have done it in a classy way without being overly accusatory, and then given Horner a chance to respond to his concerns. But instead we have to behave like teenage girls and grovel when we talk face to face only to later publish a hit piece saying "I was always concerned". He obviously doesn't like the guy and took the opportunity to stab him in the back instead of the front when he had the chance, like a coward.

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

dans79 wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
Didn't Horner block ban some journalists and media?
Was it him or RBR I didn't know.
I think there was trouble with Kravitz and not speaking to Sky.