Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1jcw
f1jcw

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Shakeman wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 01:56
I think we should all just believe RB Press Releases.
And you think those are 100% trustworthy.

carisi2k

dialtone wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 22:16
You are thinking as a fan rather than as a company director. Nobody owes you any information and you have no knowledge of internal company processes or why they work a certain way.

Speculation is only going to hurt you. After all that has happened so far, the chances things will go back to normal, regardless of anything, are slim.
Whose speculating now with that last line of yours. You and others are what is called a kangaroo court. You have no evidence and only hearsay but you will find him guilty and sentence him already.

If anything criminal happened then the police would be involved and if RB had anything at all on Horner in regards to this harassment then he would already be gone. If all the scuttlebutt the media, websites and youtube channels were true then RB shouldn't have any issues at all in firing Christian.

dialtone
dialtone

carisi2k wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 03:46
dialtone wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 22:16
You are thinking as a fan rather than as a company director. Nobody owes you any information and you have no knowledge of internal company processes or why they work a certain way.

Speculation is only going to hurt you. After all that has happened so far, the chances things will go back to normal, regardless of anything, are slim.
Whose speculating now with that last line of yours. You and others are what is called a kangaroo court. You have no evidence and only hearsay but you will find him guilty and sentence him already.

If anything criminal happened then the police would be involved and if RB had anything at all on Horner in regards to this harassment then he would already be gone. If all the scuttlebutt the media, websites and youtube channels were true then RB shouldn't have any issues at all in firing Christian.
Out of all the speculations in the thread, that Horner might come out of this not as excited to work for RB, even if nothing is found, seems a pretty safe bet. The rest about criminal and stuff, nobody talked about stuff being criminal so I don't know why you are going there.

dans79

carisi2k wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 03:46
The Police only get involved if someone wants to press charges.

Horner isn't a base level employee, so firing him isn't a 5 minute task. Also If he did do something it could be very grey, so rb hq might want all their ducks in a row before they make a move.
201 105 104 9 9 7

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 02:04
Shakeman wrote:
Unless someone proves the official information from RB press office is incorrect, like a whistleblower, they are the only trustworthy source in their case.

zeroday

mendis wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 08:31
f1jcw wrote:
Shakeman wrote:
Unless someone proves the official information from RB press office is incorrect, like a whistleblower, they are the only trustworthy source in their case.
Because historically the accused has always been honest and open in press releases, never self-serving (!!). :lol:
Sorry, not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious. So, i have to assume it's the latter :wtf:

Can't believe this has to be said but, the press has their purpose. Let them do their job. Yes, they can get it wrong or there are rags that lie for political reasons or for the clicks (eg Fox News in usa). But there are reputable sources.

mendis
mendis

zeroday wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 10:22
mendis wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

Because historically the accused has always been honest and open in press releases, never self-serving (!!). :lol:
Sorry, not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious. So, i have to assume it's the latter :wtf:

Can't believe this has to be said but, the press has their purpose. Let them do their job. Yes, they can get it wrong or there are rags that lie for political reasons or for the clicks (eg Fox News in usa). But there are reputable sources.
I don't know what is that you find funny. For once, it helps to read the post, if you didn't do it already. When an organization releases press information, it's not the "accused" that is coming and telling you. I don't think I need to elaborate further.

Cs98
Cs98

zeroday wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 10:22
mendis wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

Because historically the tabloids has always been honest and open in their articles, never self-serving (!!). :lol:
There is only one party here we know has the information from all parties, RB GmbH, that alone makes them the most credible source until further notice. And RB are not the accused, that would be Horner. Get the basic facts right.

Wouter

Since the death of Dietrich Mateschitz, a huge power struggle has been going on between RB GmbH and RBR/Horner.
The two teams were the passion of Mateschitz, Horner and Marko were in charge.
Now Mintzlaff is in charge and he gives nothing about the F1 and the two teams who were M's passion, only about money .
He wants to be in charge of RBR (TP), doesn't want Ford involved and wants Horner out. He is the only one who wants Horner out.
Not Marko, not Max, not Jos, etc. That's why he told Van Haren and F1Insider that there was an investigation going on.
Something that should have stayed inside!! Because of that Horner is already getting a bad name and that is exactly what he wants. Horner out!

It is not normal for the top boss (Mintzlaff) of a major company to release a secret internal investigation before the final results are known! He knew what the consequences would be for Horner before the investigation.
The Power of Dreams!

Shakeman

f1jcw wrote:
Shakeman wrote:
So far the RB Press Release is the only communication worth reading on the subject it has the advantage of being factual.

When the investigation concludes and the RB board decide on the course of action we will be notified via press release. For example:-

By mutual consent CH has decided to leave with immediate effect to take on new challenges or CH has accepted aspects of his management style need to change but will remain RBR boss and is looking forward to the new season or after a thorough investigation it was concluded CH had no case to answer and looks forward to the new F1 season. What more needs to be said what more needs to be believed?

If your curiosity needs to be fed further then there will be no doubt a smorgasbord of tittle-tattle, innuendo, half truths and lurid details from all the usual gossip column suspects from all those super reliable sources they have to satiate you.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Shakeman wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 12:11
f1jcw wrote:
Shakeman wrote:
So far the RB Press Release is the only communication worth reading on the subject it has the advantage of being factual.

No, to you they are, not for everyone, many times media fill in the gaps that the press reports keep hidden. Things that you may not like, but are factual.

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 14:30
Shakeman wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

No, to you they are, not for everyone, many times media fill in the gaps that the press reports keep hidden. Things that you may not like, but are factual.
Can the "factual media information" that you refer to, stands in a court of law as evidence? If yes, then it's factual whether anyone likes it or not. Otherwise, it's worth garbage that a few want to believe because of their own biases.

organic

The forum isn't a court of law. If we're only allowed to post factual information then you can also delete 99% of the technical posts

mendis
mendis

organic wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 15:30
The forum isn't a court of law. If we're only allowed to post factual information then you can also delete 99% of the technical posts
Let's not mix technical information sharing, which is actually sharing knowledge, to using yellow journalism to corroborate acts of individuals that aren't apparent or clear and call it factual. Technical Knowledge is not absolute, need not have to be and can build as you share, obviously.

Shakeman

f1jcw wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 14:30
Shakeman wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

Explain to me line by line what isn't factual in the RB Press release?

I suspect you want to indulge in gossip, you aren't happy that RB haven't published all the salacious detail of the allegations if there actually were any. This is a private workplace incident apparently between two people there is no in the public interest argument to know more.

Personally, I don't give two squits what CH has done or hasn't done only that he gets a fair hearing as everyone is entitled to. I can wait for the outcome of the independent investigation, if it was found CH was up to no good and is required to leave so be it, he'll deservedly get the boot. We will learn if he's going or not in due course, all we have to do is wait. When senior people depart companies there are often NDA agreements in place such that no one can discuss the reasons for leaving or terms of leaving and that would include the injured party too. So don't expect a press release that is filled with all the gory details just the bare facts.

The media isn't filling in the gaps, it's making sh!t up right now, that should be obvious to anyone who has read the full gamut of allegations from all those solid sources. No one outside of a very small number of people in RB have any idea what's going on and what the real allegations are. There's no Sy Hersh or John Pilger level of journalist fighting to hold the powerful to account here, the column inches are being written by bottom feeders who live off scraps and what they don't know will happily make up for clicks.