Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bagajohny
bagajohny

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

dialtone wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 20:53
denyall wrote:At this point, for RB this is going to be settled in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law.

Their sponsors and partners are going to pay very close attention to what is going on and will make decisions based on perception.
Yeah I don’t quite understand the slowness in this. They are exposing themselves to more of this nonsense rather than closing the case and moving on. The lawyer went of vacation is something out of Monty Python.
The lawyer thing is just bizarre. There is definitely some play here.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1jcw wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 20:58
dialtone wrote:
denyall wrote:At this point, for RB this is going to be settled in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law.

Their sponsors and partners are going to pay very close attention to what is going on and will make decisions based on perception.
Yeah I don’t quite understand the slowness in this. They are exposing themselves to more of this nonsense rather than closing the case and moving on. The lawyer went of vacation is something out of Monty Python.
What I heard was that the Lawyer was employed by the Thai's not Redbull GMBH, the lawyer has also sent the report to the thai's and has not shown it to Redbull GmBH, speculations is, with the holiday and not showing it to Redbull, that it is a delaying tactic.
The thai's are co-owners of RB Gmbh. It's technically more accurate to speak of co-owners who are austrian and thai (that is what the report attempts to imply) not "RB Gmbh vs Thais".

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

mwillems wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 18:57
It would be "Hush Money" for the person making the complaint, if that report is even true.

It's a bold report, given that Horner has been denying everything.
Depends on context etc. It is quite common in civil cases for an out of court financial settlement to be reached, sometimes including an NDA. Being wealthy has some (rather questionable) benefits it seems!

Not saying this is the case with Horner, just that this happens and is not considered "Hush Money"
Last edited by PapayaFan481 on 16 Feb 2024, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Wouter

f1jcw wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 21:26
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner- ... ull-61829/
The reason is also the internal investigation from last Friday, which was carried out by a seemingly independent lawyer for Red Bull. Apparently because the lawyer was appointed by the Thais. He interviewed Horner and the employee, among others, for eight hours and was then supposed to submit a final report. But it never arrived at Red Bull headquarters in Austria. The good man preferred to go on vacation first. He couldn't be reached by phone, which is why Red Bull only speaks of "conscious disappearance".
F1 Insider, that's what I thought. I really enjoy reading fairy tale sites with fairy tales by Ralf Bach
who also writes for the "very reliable" Bild. :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

Well it seems in this case, the fairy tales were "It is just some snowflake that can't take the pressure" that a few people where championing.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

f1jcw wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 22:20
Well it seems in this case, the fairy tales were "It is just some snowflake that can't take the pressure" that a few people where championing.
What are you basing that on?
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Big Tea

Remember guys, journos can only publish what they are told, and if controversial only what they can lay off to someone else. They don't need proof, just someone to quote, which works both ways. They probably know far more than they can print, but are fed by one side or the other
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

De Telegraaf is known for regularly seeing lawsuits filed against it. More than half of what is in the Telegraaf should be taken with a big bag of salt. In the Netherlands it is called the biggest sensation newspaper. For really reliable news you have to read other newspapers.
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

I'm not sure how much weight that defence holds at the moment.
I don't think they'd make up something this detailed if all of it was lies. If it was something made up I'd have thought Redbull would have commented on it and also Ford wouldn't have being prompted to make a statement.

Redragon

f1jcw wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 22:54
I'm not sure how much weight that defence holds at the moment.
I don't think they'd make up something this detailed if all of it was lies. If it was something made up I'd have thought Redbull would have commented on it and also Ford wouldn't have being prompted to make a statement.
They already were judging even before investigation base on rumours because I am sure not of them have seeing the Horner Nude that they are happy to jumping to believe. There are few examples on last 5 years of made up stories with always same premise, there is proof but we can't share it at the moment. No wonders the media outlets are closing, it is not about journalism it is about clickbait titulars.

Proper journalism will protect the integrity of both sides until one of them is guilty. Why we don't know nothing about the lady?, because nobody cares who she is, as it doesn't sell

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Big Tea wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 19:04
Surely if there were "photographs of a sexual nature" involved, it would no longer be a civil or internal mater but a criminal court mater?
We have no news of such a thing do we, or it would not be allowed to be kept internal
We shouldn't really be talking about this as though it's 100% confirmed, as Libel laws in the UK are some of the harshest in the world.

FYI -It is a criminal offence to send unsolicited sexual images in the UK. The way it works in England and Wales is that the person who recieves the images has to make a formal complaint to the Police for it to be investigated.
dialtone wrote:

Red Bull GmbH will want a robust investigation to take place so they have themselves covered if this ends up before an employment tribunal in the UK. Even if the Lawyer hadn't gone on holiday, you'd not see a result any quicker. Red Bull GmbH will also likely want to assure Ford and other sponsors that they haven't swept anything under a carpet. Anyone expecting a quick resolution will be disapointed.

Losing Ford would be a disaster for Red Bull's 2026 PU. If that's at risk? It's obvious what Red Bull would do.

LM10
LM10

A thing which shouldn’t be forgotten, btw, is that Christian is a married man. If all this turns out to be true, it could have a devastating effect on his marriage.

dans79

LM10 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 00:05
A thing which shouldn’t be forgotten, btw, is that Christian is a married man. If all this turns out to be true, it could have a devastating effect on his marriage.
Given how things went down with his first wife, I'd hope Geri had a prenup.
201 105 104 9 9 7

zeroday

LM10 wrote:
A lesson to all wealthy people: Never get married. Nothing to gain; everything to lose.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

dans79 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 00:14
LM10 wrote:
Given how things went down with his first wife, I'd hope Geri had a prenup.
As much as Christian is worth, I seem to remember reading somewhere that Geri was actually worth more or less as much. Though Mel B having to move back in with her Mum would tend to put a question mark over that.