2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:56
Cs98 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:54
Now it's an Alpha Tauri idea? Here I am looking at RB18 with a big cannon outlet :lol:
I edited my explanation for why I believe so in the message, probably after you clicked reply.
This is getting OT in the RB thread, but I think it's quite clear a lot of teams have taken a lot of inspiration from RB19.
I agree, never said otherwise. I countered the resemblance which I disagree with.

KimiRai
KimiRai

:shock: what?
Red Bull plans to bring its "own zeropod" design to the Japanese Grand Prix weekend!

The current exterior and sidepod design is planned for high-temperature tests and the first three races.

Mercedes was not successful in the zeropod design, let's see what Red Bull will do?

organic

RB poised to switch to zeropod design from Japanese grand Prix?

Autosport/Motorsport themselves

KimiRai
KimiRai

He who laughs last, laughs best

MV8
MV8

organic wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 11:13
RB poised to switch to zeropod design from Japanese grand Prix?

Autosport/Motorsport themselves

I mean, if true, this is huge news. Let's see what they bring and how they approach the concept "zeropods", IMO is risky.
Just posting

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Now the question is will it be more like the 2022 Zeropod or early 23 Zeropod. Quite a distinction between them even though the idea is the same. Or perhaps it'll be something novel than that. Whats bold is that they're willing to test this sidepod configuration for 3 days, race 3 more with it and then jump into a fully untested configuration. Exciting development to say the least!

Espresso
Espresso

Well I was always convinced the zeropod was a good option as design. It’s showed it’s speed on a very few ‘controlled’ situations.

Mercedes’s flaw was the suspension and the floor. The mandatory increase in ride height (who dunnit?) made it even worse. They just couldn’t keep the floor horizontal in all race conditions. Hence all the weird problems.

Lucky Newey/Wache are not proud to look at the past and the competition. Might even suspect they smiled as MB communicated a full redesign of the car as they knew (but didn’t want to show) the zeropod flaws can be solved.

Apply lessons learned and new ideas to the RB20. Openminded as they’ve always been!

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

Didn’t Newey say in a podcast a couple of weeks ago that they preferred the prudent and conservative way as in this budget cap formula they couldn’t afford different innovative projects?
Is he known to talk BS (genuine question)?

For the sake of the season that is going to be a walk in the park for Red Bull anyway, I hope the rumor is not true and all they will bring is just a tighter package as it happens with the normal in-season development.

organic

DoctorRadio wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 14:08
Didn’t Newey say in a podcast a couple of weeks ago that they preferred the prudent and conservative way as in this budget cap formula they couldn’t afford different innovative projects?

For the sake of the season that is going to be a walk in the park for Red Bull anyway, I hope the rumor is not true and all they will bring is just a tighter package as it happens with the normal in-season development.
All of RB heads have been saying up to the rb20 launch it would be conservative and natural evolution of rb19 and the tune changed a lot at the launch. Seems it's all a game of misdirection for them

Farnborough
Farnborough

DoctorRadio wrote:

His often given view is, why would you discard hard researched development if you can keep refining it, over many years.

Much of the BS is coming from observers that just don't understand what these things entail, furthermore the speculative theory based on very, very cursory images....not from that team or AN.

His evolution MAY appear radical by some, the sensationalism of which is driven by uninformed great wide Internet opinion with no basis other than the content of their own navel.

Until there's factual understanding of what is really on this years car, then all of it is effectively speculative and meaningless.

Don't know why all the Mercedes "zeropod" snivelling acolytes are in here offering supposed informed opinions either.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Espresso wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 12:31
Well I was always convinced the zeropod was a good option as design. It’s showed it’s speed on a very few ‘controlled’ situations.

Mercedes’s flaw was the suspension and the floor. The mandatory increase in ride height (who dunnit?) made it even worse. They just couldn’t keep the floor horizontal in all race conditions. Hence all the weird problems.

Lucky Newey/Wache are not proud to look at the past and the competition. Might even suspect they smiled as MB communicated a full redesign of the car as they knew (but didn’t want to show) the zeropod flaws can be solved.

Apply lessons learned and new ideas to the RB20. Openminded as they’ve always been!
Their floor was the best but couldn't use it because they didn't think about porpoising and the suspensions were not suited
The spain update that decreased the porpoising was done by nerfing heavily the floor
After that they found out they had bouncing due to the suspensions
In 2023 instead of working on their suspensions and bringing back the monster floor they just increased the ride height so much that the car became just slow

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

RedNEO wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 11:13
KimiRai wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 11:01
:shock: what?
Red Bull plans to bring its "own zeropod" design to the Japanese Grand Prix weekend!

The current exterior and sidepod design is planned for high-temperature tests and the first three races.

Mercedes was not successful in the zeropod design, let's see what Red Bull will do?
It must make Mercedes feel humiliated to be dominated in 2023 so brutally and then the same team uses their old design they got smashed with to beat them again. Wild
https://i.redd.it/mgcd154sesz01.gif
RB hasn’t beaten anyone yet with this new car.

Cs98
Cs98

Venturiation wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 14:26
Espresso wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 12:31

Their floor was the best but couldn't use it because they didn't think about porpoising and the suspensions were not suited
The spain update that decreased the porpoising was done by nerfing heavily the floor
After that they found out they had bouncing due to the suspensions
In 2023 instead of working on their suspensions and bringing back the monster floor they just increased the ride height so much that the car became just slow
"Our floor was the best if it weren't for all those problems we didn't anticipate". Quite a meaningless perspective.

ali623
ali623

DoctorRadio wrote:

He said this:
“This year’s car is the third evolution of that original RB18. Now, what we don’t know, of course, is [whether] the third evolution is too conservative while others have done something different. You just don’t know.

“It’s a difficult one. This is that [question] of whether we should have a group that goes out and looks at completely left-field ideas. Or do we keep developing the route we’ve taken?

“We’re resource-limited. So we can’t do everything and can’t look at every avenue. So we’ve taken the approach of developing what we’ve got. Hopefully, that’ll be the prudent thing.”
There's no reason to doubt that he's straight-up lying here. I believe him that this will be the third evolution of the RB18, albeit with some interesting solutions. The zero-pod rumour will likely be, at best, slightly more 'aggressive' sidepods as part of the first upgrade package, with the media calling it zero-pods for clicks/engagement.

Cs98
Cs98

mzivtins wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 14:39
No I don't, but we made the joke over on discord that people would be all over it like a tramp on chips.

Trouble with a lot of f1 journalism is that it's a lot of people shouting loud all the time with tiny bits of information. It's just funny to see

I don't have a source, family and friends work at RBR, some for a decade
Kind of contradictory :lol: I demand you reveal what you know!