2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

mwillems wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:57
mzivtins wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:50
mwillems wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:37
Don't feed the troll.
Please explain how baseless dumps of laptimes and lap comparisons means anything?

Calling someone a troll for pointing out that; Without datums to base the analysis on, it is nothing but garbage.

Please help me understand how, in anyway, it is considered technical, information or helps towards the conversation?
It is nothing more than misleading.

Or you can continue to just call someone a troll because you disagree with them, it says a lot about you if you support this kind of thing, i suggest you visit r/formula1
No one is trying to suggest that the car is faster or slower. They are having fun looking at the data together during testing to see what they can ascertain about the car and to learn together how to understand some of the telemetry for some of the newer folks.

Secondly, your method of speaking is highly derogatory which is why I call you a troll, not because I disagree with you. Your method of referring to the vast majority of posters in here over the past few days as "iDiOt sPeAk Hur de Hur" is just rude. Because you disagree with them, therefore be obnoxious.

Testing has a habit of bringing those kinds of behaviours around, unfortunately, which is why from this point on your added to my block list.
mzivtins wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:51
Seerix wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:35
there are no upvotes in team threads :)
It applies to all threads and discussions across forum, reddit and discord. The statement is still true; its nonsense data that does nothing but contribute to hysteria and misleading people into bloodthirsty arguments around performance.
:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

There's someone who'd get a good bludgeoning in here right now I think :mrgreen:
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Seerix
Seerix

Does Oscar have short session today? I don't know if team mentioned if they are changing drivers somehow due to the red flag.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Leclerc continues with his run. Not sure about others.

mzivtins
mzivtins

mwillems wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:59
Secondly, your method of speaking is highly derogatory which is why I call you a troll, not because I disagree with you. Your method of referring to the vast majority of posters in here over the past few days as "iDiOt sPeAk Hur de Hur" is just rude. Because you disagree with them, therefore be obnoxious.
Lets be real, expressing opinion/insight on weak data with no datums is objectively wrong.

That is not opinion

Seerix
Seerix

so Lando's in now

BMMR61

Mostlyeels wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 08:52
BMMR61 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 08:03
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 23:24

If Oscar was setting the car up, that would have been for himself though. Surely Norris would have gotten inside and maybe preferred some changes.
It's good that Lando and Oscar have fairly similar setup directions so the afternoon session should have been quite a linear continuum of the earlier setups. Oscar's gentle comment "The car felt reasonable and I would say there are some differences from last year which are moving in the right direction" is promising, in tune with the Stella administration the chat is very chilled and short on hyperbole.
Yeah, I'm hopeful this points to a good evolution of last year's car. How did the longer runs look?
Mark Hughes on yesterday's long runs
"Sainz ran a nine-lap sequence on C3s which averaged less than a tenth slower than Norris’ 10-lap run at the same time on the same tyre."

hollus

The mod team EXPLICITLY asks users regularly that posts with lap times go in the team threads.
So game on.
It is official forum policy, you don’t have to like it but it is the best formula we found after many iterations over the years.
The team threads get messier, yes, but ultimately this sport lives and dies by the stopwatch and that has to be acknowledged somewhere.
In exchange, car threads snd other technical threads are mostly clean of that
and hence less prone to vote farming.

Not perfect, but it works… OKish, I guess.

So, yeah, lap time analysis in a team thread… fair game and thanks for placing it in the team thread.

mzivtins wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:50
mwillems wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:37
Don't feed the troll.
Please explain how baseless dumps of laptimes and lap comparisons means anything?

Calling someone a troll for pointing out that; Without datums to base the analysis on, it is nothing but garbage.

Please help me understand how, in anyway, it is considered technical, information or helps towards the conversation?
It is nothing more than misleading.

Or you can continue to just call someone a troll because you disagree with them, it says a lot about you if you support this kind of thing, i suggest you visit r/formula1
Rivals, not enemies.

organic

Only 8 laps so far?

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

organic wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 14:18
Only 8 laps so far?
Looks like he will be going out soon.

mwillems

By god that Kick Sauber F1 car hurts my eyes.

-Bandit

Darth-Piekus

Everyone talks about Mclaren not soing fast laps to get high times unlike Red Bull. Makes me wonder what is the real difference.

mwillems

Norris just did a fast lap on the C3, it just wasn't as fast as the Ferraris or the Red Bull from yesterday, not that that means anything right now.

-Bandit

mwillems

Another break from Norris before coming back for another fast lap, a slow 1st sector followed by a purple second sector.

-Bandit

organic

mwillems wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 15:04
Another break from Norris before coming back for another fast lap, a slow 1st sector followed by a purple second sector.
Only 308 km/h in the trap on that lap. So might've been down on power or something

Xero

From what I've seen over the 2 days so far, the car looks pretty calm and collected. Looks much easier to drive compared to the Mercedes for example, which is what hampered the MCL60 at times last season. Looking at the telemetry from yesterday the full throttle % vs acceleration % indicates they have the PU turned down more relative to some others.

Looks like they're pushing now though, does feels like McLaren and Ferrari may be close together this season.