2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 02:17
zoroastar wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 01:47
NAPI10 wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 22:08
Apart from RB in the front; no one has a clear pecking order at this point. It keeps changing by the day.
Amen. people are acting like they know this year will be a failure based on body language, and badly translated interviews from news sources that didnt even exist before testing started. the only thing that ive seen anyone say that means anything is alonso saying how close the teams behind redbull are. nobody knows anything until next weekend. and even then, its probably going to be so close that it will change depending on the track.
Exactly,lot of fake news out there. But we know the simulations apromexly. Which was match with Ferrari at C3 and at c1 even better. Some guys out there did run at C4 but the best 1st sector it was for Alonso on the C3. Is enough for me:).
Plus, the first few races seem to be very similar tracks...another thing we learned from last year. No high speed turns @ Bahrain.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
zoroastar wrote:
NAPI10 wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 22:08
Apart from RB in the front; no one has a clear pecking order at this point. It keeps changing by the day.
Amen. people are acting like they know this year will be a failure based on body language, and badly translated interviews from news sources that didnt even exist before testing started. the only thing that ive seen anyone say that means anything is alonso saying how close the teams behind redbull are. nobody knows anything until next weekend. and even then, its probably going to be so close that it will change depending on the track.
Exactly,lot of fake news out there. But we know the simulations apromexly. Which was match with Ferrari at C3 and at c1 even better. Some guys out there did run at C4 but the best 1st sector it was for Alonso on the C3. Is enough for me:).
Alonso said:
This year I don't think we'll be as fast as last year, there will be a lot more eyes on us and it will be more difficult to surprise,
https://www.motorpasion.com/formula1/fe ... omo-pasado

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

AR3-GP wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 03:59
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
zoroastar wrote:

Alonso said:
This year I don't think we'll be as fast as last year, there will be a lot more eyes on us and it will be more difficult to surprise,
For me, this means they will not will be the surprise and obviously in this year any expectation about AM will be more high than last year, and not means they will not performing well
Last edited by Rikrikrik on 24 Feb 2024, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.

auem123
auem123

The vibe is depressing, but I guess as a Alonso fan it is the fate.....

zoroastar

AR3-GP wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
zoroastar wrote:

Alonso said:
yeah he said that, but hes also saying the same thing that everyone knows. the fight between them, mercedes, ferrari and mclaren is really close. hes comparing the situation this year to last year. i guess, depending on what people expected from them out the gate this season, they could be disapointed, but im going to reserve my judgement until i actually know where the rest of the teams are in the pecking order. i wish the race was this weekend haha

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

auem123 wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 05:08
The vibe is depressing, but I guess as a Alonso fan it is the fate.....
I don't know what you guys saying is depressing, not good ,etcetera.
In F1 no miracle, definitely the RB the fastest, but they are much closer to them and behind RB is very tight. Aston have to fight for 3th,2nd place this year and not for world champions. The team said the same. I didn't seen any bad signal under the 3 day test.The team also says that they achieved what they wanted on winter time and all data matches in the factory.

Alok91

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... 4-ranking/
Aston Martin only made its presence felt on the third day of testing. The fifth-place finisher at the World Cup concentrated on himself and on endurance runs. After two inconspicuous days, Fernando Alonso put in a long run in the last hour that even Verstappen would have demanded respect. At the same time as Verstappen, the Spaniard completed 39 laps in three portions between 1:36.777 and 1:38.022 minutes. That was Red Bull level. Team boss Mike Krack was happy: "Everything went almost too smoothly for us.

RedNEO

Alok91 wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 13:29
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... 4-ranking/
Aston Martin only made its presence felt on the third day of testing. The fifth-place finisher at the World Cup concentrated on himself and on endurance runs. After two inconspicuous days, Fernando Alonso put in a long run in the last hour that even Verstappen would have demanded respect. At the same time as Verstappen, the Spaniard completed 39 laps in three portions between 1:36.777 and 1:38.022 minutes. That was Red Bull level. Team boss Mike Krack was happy: "Everything went almost too smoothly for us.
That would be a good start for Aston.. just need to develop strong and finish stronger which is more important.

RedNEO

Re: Aston Martin AMR24

Ashwinv16 wrote:
Aston Martin Three Day test Program was very different to everyone else and it has to to be studied.
Day 1 - Higher downforce (Not Monaco high but more wing)
Day 2 - Medium downforce
Day 3 - Lower downforce (Not Monza low but less wing)
Morning session was done with lower engine mode than evening session.

So basically they took three days to analyse the car's speed and tyre degradation at different downforce set-ups.

The aim was to get the same laptimes and low tyre degradation's no matter the set-up so that they can get the car working at all tracks, which was the aim this year. They had a set target of 1:32 for high speed run and 1:37 for race pace for each car, based on engine modes. (no idea if they ran heavier fuel load or did standard fuel load like last year(ran what they usually would run in free practice))
+1. Very interesting observation. If that was the run program it went smoothly as Mike Krack mentioned in the AMuS article.

Chanman141
Chanman141

Does anyone else get the impression Alonso is being maybe overly negative as like a diversion and secretly they’re pretty happy?

RedNEO

Chanman141 wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 14:39
Does anyone else get the impression Alonso is being maybe overly negative as like a diversion and secretly they’re pretty happy?
If he did it worked since most put Aston really low in the ranking :lol:

Although some noticed they had some pace like James Allison who thinks it’s Merc, Ferrari and Aston(Alonso) who are the immediate chasing pack to Red Bull

xReVo
xReVo

Chanman141 wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 14:39
I have this strange feeling too, maybe it's more of a hope but I too have thought about this eventuality. I had this impression based on the behavior of Aston Martin social networks, even of Alonso himself who claims to be in great shape (what's the point of saying this if you then have a car that doesn't highlight it?).

Joseki
Joseki

I have seen the video of the interview everyone is commenting here and I have two notes.
First, it's from the early morning of day 3 of testing.
Second, he didn't sound optimistic nor pessimistic, it was a genuine "we improved, we have a bit more to improve, and everyone else improved too."

There wasn't the look of surprise on his face like in 2023 but I also have seen him far more downbeat during the McLaren-Honda days.

Overall I don't think there is much hidden meaning in it.

diffuser

zoroastar wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 08:36
AR3-GP wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:

Alonso said:
yeah he said that, but hes also saying the same thing that everyone knows. the fight between them, mercedes, ferrari and mclaren is really close. hes comparing the situation this year to last year. i guess, depending on what people expected from them out the gate this season, they could be disapointed, but im going to reserve my judgement until i actually know where the rest of the teams are in the pecking order. i wish the race was this weekend haha
During a season we see surprises from race to race. We also know that tracks vary a lot from race to race. In a sport that measures differences in milliseconds, the same test taken 2 hours apart can have 5 tenths of a difference in outcome even if taken by the same car and driver pairing. I don't get why many people are trying to guess the outcome of the season before it even starts, arguably people started before last season ended.... People are too often trying to predict the future on what's happened in the past. Sometimes that is possible with some teams, as they are lacking financial, commitment from their backers or have other limitations. That isn't the case at AMR, they are constantly evolving, getting better from a personnel, and factory point of view(manufacturing, aero tools, etc). Teams like this are hard to predict their growth. I'm with you, bring on the season! It's only then, when they're all on the same playing field at the same time with the same goal, that the fastest will be determined.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Gary Anderson pace analysis
At the front I’m pretty sure we will see Red Bull followed closely by Ferrari, which will be joined occasionally by Mercedes and McLaren, with Aston Martin nipping at their heels, then a bit of a gap.
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/gary ... -analysis/