Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrisc90

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

taperoo2k wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 21:16
chrisc90 wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 20:39
toraabe wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 20:27
Well. Ford can decide to pull out because of this. Honda is long gone. Ferrari and Mercedes will definitely not deliver, so.....
Honda still there delivering to AMR aren’t they?

Ford have more to lose pulling out. It would leave RB without someone to develop the battery side however
Ford's brand image comes before all else, they'll look for other ways to get back into F1 if the Red Bull deal falls through. It's Red Bull Racing who have more to lose here, if Ford pull out it doesn't leave them with a lot of time to get a new hybrid system up and running before 2026. Ford has the expertise with hybrid and battery systems, Red Bull Power Trains do not.
Fords brand image has been meh for years in the motoring industry. Just have to look at their wet belt engines and ‘eco-boom’ engines to see what’s happened there.

I’ve no idea what eV/hybrid stuff Ford has brought to the market.

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 21:47
Fords brand image has been meh for years in the motoring industry. Just have to look at their wet belt engines and ‘eco-boom’ engines to see what’s happened there.

I’ve no idea what eV/hybrid stuff Ford has brought to the market.
I don't know either. I found only this:

Published Fri, Feb 2 2024

Ford’s hybrid vehicle sales surge to offset EV decline in January

DETROIT — Ford Motor started the year with a slight increase in sales, as a large jump in hybrid vehicles offset an 11% decline in all-electric cars and trucks.

The Detroit automaker on Friday reported sales rose 4.3% last month from January 2023, led by a 43% jump in hybrid sales and 2.6% uptick in traditional vehicles with internal combustion engines. Ford sold 152,617 vehicles last month.

The spike in hybrid sales is part of Ford’s plan to double down on the technology. Demand for hybrids has increased, while consumers have adopted electric vehicles such as the F-150 Lightning pickup and the Mustang Mach-E crossover more slowly than expected.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

I work in the motor trade, albeit independent side rather than dealers, but still got decent motoring knowledge and I’ve yet to come across a Ford hybrid or EV in the UK. F150 is an American market and the only mustangs I know of… one was the v8 and the other used the eco boost engine.

Apologies for the slight detour off topic, but just discussing Ford and their brand image (in the U.K.)

f1jcw
f1jcw

chrisc90 wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 22:15
I work in the motor trade, albeit independent side rather than dealers, but still got decent motoring knowledge and I’ve yet to come across a Ford hybrid or EV in the UK. F150 is an American market and the only mustangs I know of… one was the v8 and the other used the eco boost engine.

Apologies for the slight detour off topic, but just discussing Ford and their brand image (in the U.K.)
Ford Puma is one of the best selling cars in the UK

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:

And I found also this, Ford USA:

https://shop.ford.com/showroom/?gnav=he ... pe=build#/
The Power of Dreams!

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

chrisc90 wrote:

You've never seen a Mustang Mach-e?? They're one of the more common EV's in the UK and are even being used by some emergency services including London Ambulance Service.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

chrisc90

PapayaFan481 wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 00:45
chrisc90 wrote:

You've never seen a Mustang Mach-e?? They're one of the more common EV's in the UK and are even being used by some emergency services including London Ambulance Service.
Nope. I guess where I live - EV is much less than the larger cities. Here it’s a 10-15minute driver between medium towns - 20 minutes to the nearest city and 40minutes to the nearest largest city. Then we are 20-25minutes away from the weardale mountains.
(Crook, County Durham). Only recent years there has been a lot more PHEv’s and Tesla’s popping up. I’d dare say about 1 in 50 cars you pass around here is a hybrid.

FW17

Luscion wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 19:26
CEO of Ford doesnt seem happy the issue is still unresolved - https://apnews.com/article/f1-red-bull- ... aab1b67ff6

“As we have indicated previously, without satisfactory response, Ford’s values are non-negotiable,” Farley wrote in the letter. “It is imperative that our racing partners share and demonstrate a genuine commitment to those same values. My team and I are available at any time to discuss this matter. We remain insistent on, and hopeful, for a resolution we can all stand behind.”

Farley wrote that although Ford trusts the investigation is fair, the company is “increasingly frustrated, however, by the lack of resolution or clear indication from you about when you anticipate a fair and just resolution of this matter."

“We are likewise frustrated by the lack of full transparency surrounding this matter with us, your corporate partners, and look forward to receiving a complete account of all findings.”
Following could be reasons;

1. Ford not updated on this investigation

2. They see unnecessary leak to press by Red Bull Austria as severely damaging

3. Probable that they are aware CH is in the clear but it is getting dragged for no reason.

Watto
Watto

I think Farley/Fords comments too are just the reason Horner/Marko/RBR didn't want the Porsche deal to go though if it meant a 50/50 ownership they give up too much control - no doubt Honda holds some sway. but I think RB still have the ultimate control. Too much corporate oversight - and even more if having to satisft 1 different boards (esp post DM) - the last of tat oversight has so often been their strength.

dans79

zeroday wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 19:42
I have to assume RedBull are just hoping everyone will forget and get distracted by the next shiny object, as is common historically in the F1 space. Ford is clearly new to this.
I think it's more like letting RB corporate know that tactic doesn't work on them!
201 105 104 9 9 7

mendis
mendis

Luscion wrote:
CEO of Ford doesnt seem happy the issue is still unresolved - https://apnews.com/article/f1-red-bull- ... aab1b67ff6

“As we have indicated previously, without satisfactory response, Ford’s values are non-negotiable,” Farley wrote in the letter. “It is imperative that our racing partners share and demonstrate a genuine commitment to those same values. My team and I are available at any time to discuss this matter. We remain insistent on, and hopeful, for a resolution we can all stand behind.”

Farley wrote that although Ford trusts the investigation is fair, the company is “increasingly frustrated, however, by the lack of resolution or clear indication from you about when you anticipate a fair and just resolution of this matter."

“We are likewise frustrated by the lack of full transparency surrounding this matter with us, your corporate partners, and look forward to receiving a complete account of all findings.”
Media is becoming more and more creative in generating content. :lol:

A CEO writes a letter to Red Bull and then hands it over to media to publish it as if an accomplished CEO wants to wash their dirty linen in public. :lol:

Doesn't CEOs of high profile business houses meet in person or catch up over video conferencing 1x1 to talk through stuff like this? :)

dans79

mendis wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 04:20

A CEO writes a letter to Red Bull and then hands it over to media to publish it as if an accomplished CEO wants to wash their dirty linen in public. :lol:

Doesn't CEOs of high profile business houses meet in person or catch up over video conferencing 1x1 to talk through stuff like this? :)
Not likely, because the AP is not knowing for making stuff up.
201 105 104 9 9 7

dialtone
dialtone

mendis wrote:
Luscion wrote:

Weird accusation…

Ford at this point has been making this about their values. Unless they want to be seen as approving what RBR/RB are doing they have to go to the public, also the only way to put pressure if RB doesn’t want to come to judgement.

mendis
mendis

dialtone wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 04:35
mendis wrote:
Luscion wrote:

Weird accusation…

Ford at this point has been making this about their values. Unless they want to be seen as approving what RBR/RB are doing they have to go to the public, also the only way to put pressure if RB doesn’t want to come to judgement.
If there is no official word on the issue by Red Bull, is Farley reacting to public rumours? Is that how you suppose their values work? Make public statement on hearsay.

dialtone
dialtone

Christian Horner under Investigation

mendis wrote:
dialtone wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 04:35
mendis wrote:Media is becoming more and more creative in generating content. :lol:

Weird accusation…

If there is no official word on the issue by Red Bull, is Farley reacting to public rumours? Is that how you suppose their values work? Make public statement on hearsay.
That’s irrelevant. They lamented to have been kept in the dark about what is happening so RBR and RB are ignoring them. What other recourse do they have? Sit there silently while they feel mistreated and think their value under threat?

What Ford is doing is too boringly logical. RB on the other hand is a farce, not because they haven’t kicked horner out, or kept him, but because this nonsense is still going on, the most dimwit PR person could tell that you want this stuff solved quickly.