Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Alex_Z
Alex_Z

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:57
mafeotul wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:53
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:52

Agreed. It’s malicious intent into character assassination. If he’s guilty then clearly he’s got issues that need addressing but this needed to stay a private matter. Thoughts are with Geri Horner and the kids. Must be tough for them all either at school or for her personally.
I don’t understand the second release here, like you’ve made your point. Why continue now?

It’s pure evil.
Good question. It almost seems like a public extortion attempt akin to kidnapping
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watto
Watto

mafeotul wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:59
Watto wrote:
mafeotul wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:53

I don’t understand the second release here, like you’ve made your point. Why continue now?

It’s pure evil.
I guess if someone really wanted him out , probably even moreso I would say it it were true and Horner had not walked away yet
It has to be internal within F1, otherwise how do you get that much information to contact everyone within the F1 world.

Level of doxxing requires proper preparation and serious hacking knowledge and experience. That’s the golden egg here.
It’s someone pretty experienced that knows what they are doing whether the leaks are real/fake no doubt but AI tops make the generation of images far easier I’d suspect there could be people techie enough to find email accts within certain organisations

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

dialtone wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:02
mafeotul wrote:
Watto wrote:

I guess if someone really wanted him out , probably even moreso I would say it it were true and Horner had not walked away yet
It has to be internal within F1, otherwise how do you get that much information to contact everyone within the F1 world.

Level of doxxing requires proper preparation and serious hacking knowledge and experience. That’s the golden egg here.
First and foremost this level of doxxing would require an idiot millionaire CEO 50 year old guy with gorgeous wife and children to send d*** pics to an employee after a career of making enemies with brazen behavior.

You can’t leave out this part, Horner isn’t the victim if this is real.
100% this. If anything, I feel worse for the complainant because I doubt this was in their plans.

Venturiation
Venturiation

dialtone wrote:
mafeotul wrote:
Watto wrote:

First and foremost this level of doxxing would require an idiot millionaire CEO 50 year old guy with gorgeous wife and children to send d*** pics to an employee after a career of making enemies with brazen behavior.

he left his previous wife when she was pregnant and he was cheating on her with the current one

mafeotul
mafeotul

Venturiation wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:06
dialtone wrote:
mafeotul wrote:

he left his previous wife when she was pregnant and he was cheating on her with the current one
What’s really baffling to me is no damage control from F1, FIA, RedBull.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

mafeotul wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:49
Well, since I have the drive and seen it, got to see Horner’s chest and file 76, I would say this is the craziest start of the season I have ever had for over 20 years of fandom.

Apparently more leaks confirmed at 18:00 pm local time. This is someone destroying this man forever, whether it’s true or false, and it’s sad to see.
I’m sorry but he deserves no sympathy, to be sending stuff like that to a junior employee when you are the boss is an incredible abuse of power and position. If you’re not able to keep it clean you shouldn’t have a position or responsibility. The power dynamic is so out of whack between the two parties, he should’ve been dismissed instantly, as any exec should be from any corporate for this kind of behaviour. The man’s clearly a snake

Watto
Watto

dialtone wrote:
mafeotul wrote:
Watto wrote:

Agree if the leaks are real I don’t see him as the victim - least not the main one and I have very little sympathy for him if he’s true

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Watto wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:16
dialtone wrote:
mafeotul wrote:

Agree if the leaks are real I don’t see him as the victim - least not the main one and I have very little sympathy for him if he’s true
Same here! However, we don’t know. Sadly others close to him have been severely affected by this.

Wouter

bonjon1979 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:12
mafeotul wrote:
Well, since I have the drive and seen it, got to see Horner’s chest and file 76, I would say this is the craziest start of the season I have ever had for over 20 years of fandom.

Apparently more leaks confirmed at 18:00 pm local time. This is someone destroying this man forever, whether it’s true or false, and it’s sad to see.
I’m sorry but he deserves no sympathy, to be sending stuff like that to a junior employee when you are the boss is an incredible abuse of power and position. If you’re not able to keep it clean you shouldn’t have a position or responsibility. The power dynamic is so out of whack between the two parties, he should’ve been dismissed instantly, as any exec should be from any corporate for this kind of behaviour. The man’s clearly a snake
Based on WHAT? How do you know everything is true what is on that Google Drive?
No one from the reliable F1 sites will publish it because they don't know if it is false or true.
But you know everything is true?! #-o
The Power of Dreams!

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

I mean, let's be honest with ourselves, the man cheated on his pregnant wife with his current wife anyways. It's not like the man is some paragon. We will wait and see to the veracity of the Drive leak, but let's not treat Horner as a saint either.

dans79

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... rain/live/

Michael Schmidt
Die Autos drehen Ihre Runden, doch das Fahrerlager spricht nur über den Fall Horner. Angeblich soll um 18 Uhr Ortszeit neues Material an die Öffentlichkeit gebracht werden. Die Königsmörder geben nicht auf. Aber Horner ist immer noch da.
The cars do their laps, but the paddock only talks about the Horner case. New material is said to be released to the public at 6 p.m. local time. The regicides don't give up. But Horner is still there.
201 105 104 9 9 7

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Wouter wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:20
bonjon1979 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:12
mafeotul wrote:

Based on WHAT? How do you know everything is true what is on that Google Drive?
No one from the reliable F1 sites will publish it because they don't know if it is false or true.
But you know everything is true?! #-o
That's because they will be trying to authenticate the leaks, might have been warned they might face legal action if they publish and so on. UK based media will also not want to risk a libel and defamation case if the leak has been faked.

If they are real then it makes sense to drop the media files first to cause chaos and outrage, then follow it up with the much drier report that sets everything out in black and white. It could well be fake. But we'll find out soon enough one way or the other. The UK Press don't print anything of this nature without it going through lawyers first. Libel cases are expensive if you lose as you have to pay for your own legal fees, the legal fees of the person suing you for libel then whatever amount of compensation the Judge decides on top of those costs. It bankrupts people who don't have deep pockets.

Mandrake
Mandrake

Oh the human race.....
As long as he did not commit a crime why should anyone be interested into his private sexual life? I bet there will be a lot of other men and women in the whole F1 circus doing the very same....

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Mandrake wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:30
Oh the human race.....
As long as he did not commit a crime why should anyone be interested into his private sexual life? I bet there will be a lot of other men and women in the whole F1 circus doing the very same....
It should be quite easy to see why having sexual relationships with subordinates is a bad idea for multiple reasons, none more important than the power dynamic between the two. He basically holds her career in his hands. It gets a lot harder to say no to doing things when that is the case.

And just because it happens elsewhere in the paddock doesn't mean we should let this go. Ideally, all of it is stopped.

mafeotul
mafeotul

It still doesn’t change the fact that this man, good or bad has been publicly humiliated an a global scale now. Unless he committed some heinous crime, it’s a terrible thing to see. I just don’t understand from a PR perspective how he is still in position.