2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Sphere3758 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:58
I dont want to sounds conspiratory, but I get the feeling that Sainz just has better connections with the media in general. He is good friends with Lawrence Baretto and Karun Chandok. His dad is a good friend of Sr and I believe Naomi is also a family friend. They always speak favorably about him if you notice, to the point where some of them (not Brundle) constantly try to discredit Leclerc.
In doing so they make Sainz look worse.
He is a solid driver overall and superfast in qualifying, which is also why he was evenly matched with Norris more or less (think the avg is like 0.05ish in his favour IIRC). Yet no one says this :D

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Xyz22 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:00
Sphere3758 wrote:
I dont want to sounds conspiratory, but I get the feeling that Sainz just has better connections with the media in general. He is good friends with Lawrence Baretto and Karun Chandok. His dad is a good friend of Sr and I believe Naomi is also a family friend. They always speak favorably about him if you notice, to the point where some of them (not Brundle) constantly try to discredit Leclerc.
He is a solid driver overall and superfast in qualifying, which is also why he was evenly matched with Norris more or less (think the avg is like 0.05ish in his favour IIRC). Yet no one says this :D
Ya, but it shows the flip side of the media. If you are not a British driver (and not Hamilton's teammate :P), you seem to need to do additional tricks to get spoken of fairly. Either do a Max Verstappen and perform at a level where you credibility cannot be questioned or do what Sainz does. I have to appreciate him for pulling it off tbh.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Carlos is a very good driver, he does a better job at pushing Charles than Vettel ever did, even in 2019.
In fact, I feel both Carlos and Charles will come out as better drivers at the end of their partnership.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Not sure how reliable this is, but if true, then the team did a good job of improving DRS efficiency.

dialtone
dialtone

CouncilorIrissa wrote:Image
Not sure how reliable this is, but if true, then the team did a good job of improving DRS efficiency.
I think the DRS efficiency has always been a myth. If the car isn’t draggy and you have a good sized wing, you’ll gain plenty of speed when you open it.

That’s the whole secret basically. So Ferrari isn’t draggy and can put up more DF this year. But there is no magic stalling of the wing or floor or other stuff like that.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:08
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHmm1hQW8AA ... ame=medium
This comes from Sainz's final run where he had a tow on the main straight from Hulkenberg. All of his previous qualy runs were only 316-318 top speed. Leclerc hit 319 on his final run so still upper end of the grid.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 01 Mar 2024, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

dialtone wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:11
CouncilorIrissa wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHmm1hQW8AA ... ame=medium
I think the DRS efficiency has always been a myth. If the car isn’t draggy and you have a good sized wing, you’ll gain plenty of speed when you open it.

That’s the whole secret basically. So Ferrari isn’t draggy and can put up more DF this year. But there is no magic stalling of the wing or floor or other stuff like that.
But Ferrari are using a pretty shallow wing compared to the RB this weekend, I think.
And Cardile himself implied that improving how the car works with DRS was one of the focal points: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... /10575392/

emp
emp

I am impressed with Ferrari, new concept and fast out of the box. Let's see how they do in the development race and how they can push Red Bull.

Vanja #66

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:17
But Ferrari are using a pretty shallow wing compared to the RB this weekend, I think.
And Cardile himself implied that improving how the car works with DRS was one of the focal points: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... /10575392/
It's not a shallow wing at all, it's up there with RB on size. There are bigger ones and smaller ones this weekend.

Also the Top Speed comparison is highly flawed with the basic assumption of 295kmh on SF straight with DRS off. This comes from FP long run Top Speed figures, when both Honda nad Ferrari PUs were running lower than Mercedes (and Alpine). Tomorrow we'll see both PUs churning up 300-305kmh during the race.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Space-heat
Space-heat

Charles Q2 vs Max pole lap

Credit: @F1debrief

Xyz22
Xyz22

Q2 lap vs Max pole

Completely new car, both for Ferrari and the drivers. It seems Leclerc was on the money saying that they need to improve low speed performance. On the other hand the car looks extremely solid over one lap. Tremendous speed in challenging corners, fantastic.

Maybe Bahrain won't even be one of the best track for the car.

Vanja #66

Ferrari consistently outperforming RB from T4 on makes me think they've set up the car to save the tyres on braking and use them better during the rest of the Q laps. We'll see how this unfolds tomorrow.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

deadhead

Sphere3758 wrote:
I dont want to sounds conspiratory, but I get the feeling that Sainz just has better connections with the media in general. He is good friends with Lawrence Baretto and Karun Chandok. Brundle is a good friend of Sr and I believe Naomi is also a family friend. They always speak favorably about him if you notice, to the point where some of them (not Brundle) constantly try to discredit Leclerc.
I'm getting similar vibes from David Coulthard.. He always expects SAI to be ahead and is "surprised" by end of Q3

Sevach
Sevach

Ferrari has done a good job reverse engineering the Red Bull, the general balance and turn in is very similar.

Can it replicate it's tire wear? That's the final question.
Xyz22 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:28
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHms0JaXoAA ... =4096x4096

Q2 lap vs Max pole

Completely new car, both for Ferrari and the drivers. It seems Leclerc was on the money saying that they need to improve low speed performance. On the other hand the car looks extremely solid over one lap. Tremendous speed in challenging corners, fantastic.

Maybe Bahrain won't even be one of the best track for the car.
Charles only loses on the main straight(because of tow, worth almost .15) and on the 1-2-3 complex.
Last edited by Sevach on 01 Mar 2024, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

JPower
JPower

Sphere3758 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:03
Xyz22 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:00
Sphere3758 wrote:
Ya, but it shows the flip side of the media. If you are not a British driver (and not Hamilton's teammate :P), you seem to need to do additional tricks to get spoken of fairly. Either do a Max Verstappen and perform at a level where you credibility cannot be questioned or do what Sainz does. I have to appreciate him for pulling it off tbh.
The movies you all create have nothing on Chris Nolan.