2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I’m baffled at the speed of the SF-24 in the medium- and high-speed corners. I think this should definitely not go unnoticed. I don’t know what they have done to this car, but my god, look at the speeds. It not only makes the RB20 look slow in comparison, it’s up there with the speeds of the Mercedes in 2020 pole (as pointed out by Juzh).

What’s more, while Bahrain was one of the strongest tracks for Ferrari in the past, it likely won’t be one of their stronger ones this time around.

Their slow speed performance seems to have been compromised with this new concept, but I think that they can make significant gains in this regard, they know how to do it after all.

The race is tomorrow, but for today I definitely am a proud Tifoso. :)
Last edited by LM10 on 01 Mar 2024, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

JPower wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 21:05
Sphere3758 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:03
Xyz22 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:00

In doing so they make Sainz look worse.
He is a solid driver overall and superfast in qualifying, which is also why he was evenly matched with Norris more or less (think the avg is like 0.05ish in his favour IIRC). Yet no one says this :D
Ya, but it shows the flip side of the media. If you are not a British driver (and not Hamilton's teammate :P), you seem to need to do additional tricks to get spoken of fairly. Either do a Max Verstappen and perform at a level where you credibility cannot be questioned or do what Sainz does. I have to appreciate him for pulling it off tbh.
The movies you all create have nothing on Chris Nolan.
I didn't "create" any "movie". I said that the media has pretty much never underlined that Sainz is very quick over one lap. On the other hand, we usually hear that he is strong with tyres and race management which is still true but in my opinion not his main strength, that's it.

I got into an argument on Twitter as well about this topic, saying that many Lewis fans don't realize how quick Sainz really is due to how the media talks about him.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I’ve never heard a bad comment about Sainz or Leclerc on F1TV.

K1Plus
K1Plus

LM10 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 21:10
I’m baffled at the speed of the SF-24 in the medium- and high-speed corners. I think this should definitely not go unnoticed. I don’t know what they have done to this car, but my god, look at the speeds. It not only makes the RB20 look slow in comparison, it’s up there with the speeds of the Mercedes in 2020 pole (as pointed out by Juzh).

What’s more, while Bahrain was one of the strongest tracks for Ferrari in the past, it likely won’t be one of their stronger ones this time around.

Their slow speed performance seems to have been compromised with this new concept, but I think that they can make significant gains in this regard, they know how to do it after all.

Agreed. You guys know that "one upgrade away" thingy... Well could this be it?

JPower
JPower

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 21:14
I’ve never heard a bad comment about Sainz or Leclerc on F1TV.
Neither have I. But you know, [alonso]"the hidden agendas by the F1 media!"[/alonso] :lol:

RonMexico
RonMexico

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:04
Carlos is a very good driver, he does a better job at pushing Charles than Vettel ever did, even in 2019.
In fact, I feel both Carlos and Charles will come out as better drivers at the end of their partnership.
I would like to see a numerical retrospective on that season.

I have it in my head Vettel was quicker at more races but not when the car was at its fastest. His errors in Canada especially along with Bahrain and Japan cost Ferrari at least two wins you would imagine. Russia wasn't his fault but cost them a win too. What a frustrating season that was.

Anyway. Hopefully the car is consistent tomorrow and they can develop it properly. The pace most of the teams have found is impressive
Last edited by RonMexico on 01 Mar 2024, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

dialtone
dialtone

K1Plus wrote:
LM10 wrote:

Agreed. You guys know that "one upgrade away" thingy... Well could this be it?
They have to improve more than just slow corners though as RBR won’t be waiting. Race pace still looks worse and deg just marginally worse, a bit more DF would be nice

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Does feel like a really good base to build on this year. I’ve always thought a car that can handle the high speed corners well has an advantage on tyre wear as it can manage the changes in direction so much more effectively.

I’m sure the low speed issues can be resolved quickly by the team. Really hope there’s good and consistent race pace whereby the guys can challenge.

Vanja #66

LM10 wrote:
I’m baffled at the speed of the SF-24 in the medium- and high-speed corners. I think this should definitely not go unnoticed.
Basically the fastest car overall in medium and high speed stuff - in very windy conditions. I still think they were clever with setup, or they couldn't extract more in T1-2-3 so they inadvertently "saved" the tyres for the rest of the lap...

Let's see how the race goes, they've done a good job with the car, now the race execution must be up to the task.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

deadhead

hm.. Suzuka might be fun!

Xyz22
Xyz22

Jeddah already will provide more answer as the track is mainly front limited.
Last year it was a colossal disaster for the SF 23, especially with hard tyres.

scuderiabrandon

T1-3 was really bad in all honesty. Perhaps a difference in tyre prep, hency why LEC was able to chip away in S2-S3. The car looked fine in all the other traction zones. High and Medium speed was night and day. Even looking at the long runs the deficit is much lower through S1.

I find it interesting that RBR seem to have settled on a S-S-H (used a 1 of the 2 remaining H in FP3) strategy as they did last year. VER also didn't seem very pleased on the H in FP3, obviously with the usual disclaimers there.

I think it might be a good idea to try and race VER, if they are able to push him into degradation on the S, they might force the strategy in favour of the S-H-H which seems to be the more agreed upon strategy. Execution will be key though, no gaps are so tight there will be no margin for error.
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 01 Mar 2024, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

jambuka
jambuka

How much does pre season testing matter for race 1 qualy ? Are most teams with perfect setups for their cars since they got a lot more time at Bahrain vs other tracks where they won’t get so much time to work on setup. Would cars be so close for other races where they won’t have so much time to perfect their setup ?

scuderiabrandon

jambuka wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 22:57
How much does pre season testing matter for race 1 qualy ? Are most teams with perfect setups for their cars since they got a lot more time at Bahrain vs other tracks where they won’t get so much time to work on setup. Would cars be so close for other races where they won’t have so much time to perfect their setup ?
Good point the gaps may open up after Bahrain that being said I don't think everyone has maximized their packages yet, especially those who add big concept shifts since last season. Then it will be all about who get's the car into a window quicker. In that case, Ferrari seemed to be pleased by the operating window of this car.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Based on the high speed corners Jeddah should really favour the sf24? Last year was an absoloute nightmare for the 23 With no stability whatsoever.

Spa, Silverstone, Suzuka in theory would be strong circuits for this car?