2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

mizarbarym wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 19:33
Can we compare the race stint of Leclerc in testing and verstapeen today?

My english is bad, sry guys.
Hard to since Max didn't do a proper simulation - he was just chilling after building a VSC gap

Vanja #66

CaribouBread wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 19:30
They really do have a design/engineering team that can compete with RB or at worst is second best.
But as we realize this, I do regret them not moving to the downwash concept sooner. We keep saying and hearing that you shouldn't change concepts without knowing how it works, but we've seen that they could've made it work.
The entire F1 community and all fans can thank Toto for pushing for TD39 and 2023 floor edge rule changes. RB are where they are now compared to the rest of the field because of that. Remember how stunned they were to be so far ahead with RB19 they defined as "nothing special"
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

scuderiabrandon

P2 was comfortably on he table for CL without the brake issues hency why i find it hard to be totally upset even when we've lost 6 points. Comfortably ahead in race trim in comparison to Merc and MCL, so eyes are all forward focus on catching RB

Very pleased with the progress =D>

forza

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Russel claims that MB were affected by a choice of cooling ducts affecting race pace to the tune of 3 tenths. Still feel that Ferrari should be clear of them based on today’s demonstrated performance.

Fred seemed downbeat in his interview, but relayed that the brake balance issue cost them 2nd.

Looking forwards to Jeddah, the track with its high speed corners should really be a strength for this years car?

dialtone
dialtone

Vinlarr89 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 19:58
Russel claims that MB were affected by a choice of cooling ducts affecting race pace to the tune of 3 tenths. Still feel that Ferrari should be clear of them based on today’s demonstrated performance.

Fred seemed downbeat in his interview, but relayed that the brake balance issue cost them 2nd.

Looking forwards to Jeddah, the track with its high speed corners should really be a strength for this years car?
Russell was miles off LEC's pace on bad brakes on a track where Ferrari had clear issues in S1 in general which compromised a lot. It's not going to be close next race, furthermore it was cold tonight.

PlatinumZealot

Ciao, Tifosi.

Please reserve my seat in the osteria, thank you.

:idea:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

FDD
FDD

scuderiabrandon wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 03:04
FDD wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 02:34
Charles:
“Yes, I'm a bit disappointed: it's been a complicated weekend so far. All in all, qualifying went well, I found more favorable conditions despite having struggled in Q1, where I was forced to put on another set of softs, and this compromised Q3 a bit. In Q2 I think I did a better lap than Max did in Q3, but I lost pace with the first set of softs because it had been used since Q1, and this made me lose confidence when I put the new tire back on.
All in all, however, qualifying was good, but now let's focus on tomorrow's race pace. We are in a better position than in 2023, we will see tomorrow by how much: I believe that Red Bull still has some margin, but if I were to have even just one opportunity, I will attack Max. We always struggled in the race last year – concludes Leclerc – we need to make sure you put things right. I hope for a nice surprise tomorrow."

Carlos:
“I think everyone expected Max's pole position. I have to admit that after the performances in Q1 and Q2, I was convinced that I was fighting for pole position. So I don't understand why we don't find those two or three tenths necessary to make a leap forward, usually we manage to recover something in the last qualifying session and Charles also had the same problem.
In Q2 I preferred to do a more conservative lap to save a tire for the race, and despite not pushing too much I managed to do 1:29.5, while in Q3 I pushed and still did 29.5, so I have to understand why. All in all, qualifying went well, but Q3 didn't go as we thought."
The car is very much still unknown, the lack of confidence means they still aren't 100% at home in it which it to be expected as it's has been a big shift from the predecessor. I think if the stars aligned Charles could've done a 28.9 / 29.0 (in fact the latter was his combined best sectors) but as much as it pains me to say this Q3 was far from his best session.At least we know the pace is there.
Agree, especially in the part that the car is still unknown.
Depending on that how fast they'll read the car better results will come and according to me more important in season development.

f1316
f1316

Charles seems very clear that 2nd would have been possible without issues: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/lecle ... /10582411/

I feel like I want to reserve some judgment on progress until at least next week. We matched or beat Perez on race pace a few times last year so I don’t know if that’s the best baseline. The drivers seem happier with car and that feels like most important thing - if Jeddah does indeed suit the car, and they execute a good weekend, it will be interesting to see if inroads have indeed been made vs Max.

I hope they are then able to be dynamic in bringing the upgrades that in the wind tunnel are apparently big gains- the car is consciously somewhat vanilla and having established the baseline they’ll need to move boldly and not be too cautious if they actually want to close the gap. The RB likely has lots of untapped potential too so we shouldn’t rely on them not also taking big steps.

Xyz22
Xyz22

What happened to Leclerc is embarrassing.

Embarrassing, nothing else. Completely unacceptable and potentially even dangerous, and could have ended with a DNF (again).
Last edited by Xyz22 on 02 Mar 2024, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Was it explained why Leclerc kept locking the tyres? Sorry if it was posted previously,, thanks

Xyz22
Xyz22

KimiRai wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 20:30
Was it explained why Leclerc kept locking the tyres? Sorry if it was posted previously,, thanks
Yes, there was something wrong with one of the brakes.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

KimiRai wrote:
Charles's front left brake was over 100 degrees hotter than the right left brake.

KimiRai
KimiRai

SoulPancake13 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 20:32
Yes, there was something wrong with one of the brakes.
SoulPancake13 wrote:
Charles's front left brake was over 100 degrees hotter than the right left brake.

Ok, thank you guys

Xyz22
Xyz22

SoulPancake13 wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
That was when the issues stabilized, by the way. In the first 15 laps things were changing every corner according to Leclerc.

Vanja #66

f1316 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 20:24
Charles seems very clear that 2nd would have been possible without issues: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/lecle ... /10582411/
That's not the question and he knows that, why would he be so angry about a missed P2? What makes him so furious is feeling he could have fought Max for the win. He won't say it now of course, but we all know it would have been a different race had he been in a position to do to Max what Russell did to him in the 1st stint.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie