2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Yet we will still need to endure the constant jokes about Lewis and the Ferrari pitstops... Just annoying how the media will never get this team the credit they deserve. I hope we can get some race wins this year to shut them up.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Vinlarr89 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:10
For me there’s a reason in Ferrari choosing Leclerc over Sainz, and that is telling in the post race interviews.

Sainz is positive and upbeat, a P3 is a good result and the car feels so much better.

Charles, who has just had a P4 and got the car there despite some horrendous issues with the car is fuming. To him that is not acceptable. Anything other than challenging for the win isn’t good enough.

Mentality.
Sainz is positive because he beat his teammate, that's all he cares about at the moment. Not that I blame him, given the position he's in.

JPower
JPower

Vinlarr89 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:10
For me there’s a reason in Ferrari choosing Leclerc over Sainz, and that is telling in the post race interviews.

Sainz is positive and upbeat, a P3 is a good result and the car feels so much better.

Charles, who has just had a P4 and got the car there despite some horrendous issues with the car is fuming. To him that is not acceptable. Anything other than challenging for the win isn’t good enough.

Mentality.
Oh brother. Get real. :lol:

Leclerc is pissed because he started P2, his car had issues, and his teammate passed him twice on track when he could've finished P2.

Your "mentality" nonsense, is just that, nonsense.

GroundEffect
GroundEffect

Second year in a row that Ferrari destroys Leclerc's first race of the season.

Last year, they managed to burn 2 control units out of out available by the rules, making him retire from the race and causing him to have 10 positions grid penality on the next race (still a record BTW).
This year, after multiple test and FP sessions where Leclerc was comfortably the 2nd fastest on race pace only behind Verstappen, they managed to completely f**up front brakes cooling and thus balance.
And BTW, the issue was not solved at all during the end of the race, it was just that Leclerc got the measures of it and the car getting lighter helped him on this regard.

I mean, do we really realize how serious this is, right? It means that there cannot ever be any kind of trust in winning even if, by chance in the future, the car will be up to the task.
Disgraceful once again and completely, utterly unacceptable at this point.
No more excuses, Z-E-R-O.
And in fact, Leclerc was truly mad at the end of the race and rightfully so I would say.

About the race: the SF24 is a massive improvement compared to last year car and it is clearly the second best car on the grid.
Without the issue, Leclerc would have comfortably finished in second position multiple seconds ahead of the Perez-Sainz duo.

I believe that in Jeddah Leclerc can win or at least challenge for the first position, but I am too mad about what happened once again today to have any kind of trust and/or positive feeling about what's to come.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Charles demands perfection. Hamilton very similar, will always demand more of the team. Max btw is on another level in terms of being demanding. Call it nonsense but in elite sport mentality is key.

Vanja #66

JPower wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:19
Sainz' being happy with P3 is why he's not considered an alien of his generation. Sr can pay race driving lessons and pressure some people to do things Jr's way, but Sr can't buy champion mentality for Jr. Or race start skill, for that matter... :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

JPower
JPower

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:41
JPower wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:19
Sainz' being happy with P3 is why he's not considered an alien of his generation. Sr can pay race driving lessons and pressure some people to do things Jr's way, but Sr can't buy champion mentality for Jr. Or race start skill, for that matter... :lol:
Sainz being happy with P3 tells me he ran a good race.

Charles being mad tells me he wasn't happy with his.

Neither tells me any bullsh*t about championship mentality.

You can make up all the digs and potshots you want, still won't change the result of this race. :lol:

Emag
Emag

I don't think its a matter of mentality. A very demanding driver can also have a negative effect on team morale so it goes both ways.

Jenson Button was one of the most humble and easy going people in the paddock, yet he managed to win a world championship.

At the end of the day, its about talent and racecraft. The stopwatch is the judge. And all due respect to Carlos, he is definitely no slouch, but the absolute elite of the sport have a certain edge that becomes apparent at some point in their careers.

The likes of Max, Lewis, Fernando, Charles and even Daniel earlier in his career (just looking at the current grid), have had several moments where they truly outshine the competition and they stand out. (I would put Lando in this group as well, but it's tough to value his accomplishments the same because McLaren has not been up to par for the best part of the decade)

Carlos is, well, doing a pretty good job at Ferrari I would say, but that's about it.

Vanja #66

JPower wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:45

You can make up all the digs and potshots you want, still won't change the result of this race. :lol:
When he does one good race without losing positions at the start and without the team helping him win, I will accept his assessment of a good race as a valid assessment. I'm really sad to see Sr has so much bad influence that Jr has to bs himself after every race instead of accepting he could have done a better job and start working on doing a better job. Helicopter parenting brings nothing good.

#BlessYouLaddie

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

JPower wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:54
Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:51
JPower wrote:

When he does one good race without losing positions at the start and without the team helping him win, I will accept his assessment of a good race as a valid assessment. I'm really sad to see Sr has so much bad influence that Jr has to bs himself after every race instead of accepting he could have done a better job and start working on doing a better job. Helicopter parenting brings nothing good.
Your assessment isn't more important than anyone else's especially not someone sitting in the actual driver's seat.

Regardless, I'm really sad to see someone as intelligent as yourself get triggered by a good race result to the point where you have to make up false narratives and try insult him and his family. Honestly it reeks of insecurity.

You should get that checked out.
Wow. That escalated. We’re all allowed a difference of opinion. No one is insecure and No one needs to get anything checked out.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

JPower wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
JPower wrote:

Your assessment isn't more important than anyone else's especially not someone sitting in the actual driver's seat.

Regardless, I'm really sad to see someone as intelligent as yourself get triggered by a good race result to the point where you have to make up false narratives and try insult him and his family. Honestly it reeks of insecurity.

It's a little ironic how you claim his assessment isn't important but then make a psychological evaluation of someone in the internet without ever knowing them, why escalate that much?

Anyways, I understand Vanja's frustration even if I don't share the same viewpoint. I think it was a good race for Sainz, but I also agree that sometimes, it seems Sainz is too happy with just beating his teammate... that is a difference I have noticed between the two.

JPower
JPower

Vinlarr89 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:57
JPower wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

Wow. That escalated. We’re all allowed a difference of opinion. No one is insecure and No one needs to get anything checked out.
Look I'm fine with talking about things on track but start moving to off track nonsense about who's father is doing what and we're now in a difference space. Does that sound appropriate to you in a team thread or does it sound like someone who is holding a grudge over a driver getting a good result? I expect more out of a forum called F1Technical.

Vanja #66

Its dissapointing when people stoop to personal insults when they can't think of anthing better to respond...

Vasseur is clear about Sainz' performance:

I think Carlos’s race was clean. He didn’t start great, but then he recovered quite quickly, fought, and managed to find himself in a good position on the track.
Should Vasseur get checked out too? :lol:

#BlessYouLaddie

JPower
JPower

SoulPancake13 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:59

It's a little ironic how you claim his assessment isn't important but then make a psychological evaluation of someone in the internet without ever knowing them, why escalate that much?

Anyways, I understand Vanja's frustration even if I don't share the same viewpoint. I think it was a good race for Sainz, but I also agree that sometimes, it seems Sainz is too happy with just beating his teammate... that is a difference I have noticed between the two.
Are you frustrated to the point where you suggest that the driver's father is moving things around behind the scenes, making random inferences about having paid driving lessions, saying his father is a bad influence, and mocking race starts?

Does that make sense to you?

JPower
JPower

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:02
Its dissapointing when people stoop to personal insults when they can't think of anthing better to respond...

Vasseur is clear about Sainz' performance:

I think Carlos’s race was clean. He didn’t start great, but then he recovered quite quickly, fought, and managed to find himself in a good position on the track.
Should Vasseur get checked out too? :lol:
I've responded.

I think its pretty disappointing stooping to making potshots about a driver's family. Guess we're in a similar point of disappointment.