2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:03
SoulPancake13 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:59

It's a little ironic how you claim his assessment isn't important but then make a psychological evaluation of someone in the internet without ever knowing them, why escalate that much?

Anyways, I understand Vanja's frustration even if I don't share the same viewpoint. I think it was a good race for Sainz, but I also agree that sometimes, it seems Sainz is too happy with just beating his teammate... that is a difference I have noticed between the two.
Are you frustrated to the point where you suggest that the driver's father is moving things around behind the scenes, making random inferences about having paid driving lessions, saying his father is a bad influence, and mocking race starts?

Does that make sense to you?
Like I said, I don't share the same viewpoint but I also don't think that calls for you to personally insult him either. However, it is known within motorsport that Sainz Sr. is quite involved with Sainz Jr.'s career... and mocking race starts is surely not a reason to insult someone. Let's just all calm down with a focus towards next weekend guys?

JPower
JPower

SoulPancake13 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:05
JPower wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:03
SoulPancake13 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:59

It's a little ironic how you claim his assessment isn't important but then make a psychological evaluation of someone in the internet without ever knowing them, why escalate that much?

Anyways, I understand Vanja's frustration even if I don't share the same viewpoint. I think it was a good race for Sainz, but I also agree that sometimes, it seems Sainz is too happy with just beating his teammate... that is a difference I have noticed between the two.
Are you frustrated to the point where you suggest that the driver's father is moving things around behind the scenes, making random inferences about having paid driving lessions, saying his father is a bad influence, and mocking race starts?

Does that make sense to you?
Like I said, I don't share the same viewpoint but I also don't think that calls for you to personally insult him either. However, it is known within motorsport that Sainz Sr. is quite involved with Sainz Jr.'s career... and mocking race starts is surely not a reason to insult someone. Let's just all calm down with a focus towards next weekend guys?
Yeah, we know he's involved in his career, what does that have to do with this race? Ridiculous.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

I think the family related bickering can stop now eh? Let it lie - it's a conversation best held over a pint and some crisps
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

JPower
JPower

CMSMJ1 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:09
I think the family related bickering can stop now eh? Let it lie - it's a conversation best held over a pint and some crisps
Fine with me. 8)

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

How do we think Jeddah will fair for SF24? Lots of medium and high speed corners, seems to me like the SF24 likes those corners(at least in qualy). Not sure how Max is able to stretch such an advantage in the race in these types of corners though, could some explain why they think that is?

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Moving on from the Sainz topic as it seems a touchy one.

Jeddah bar turn 1 are all above 100kph, and most above 150.

Ferrari have shown in one lap pace that they were faster through these types of corners than the red bull which bodes well providing they can avoid losing too much speed through t1.

However given the softer tyres will be unlocked for next weekend will this have an impact? Didn’t Ferrari struggle to switch these on in testing?

scuderiabrandon

Vinlarr89 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:14

Ferrari have shown in one lap pace that they were faster through these types of corners than the red bull which bodes well providing they can avoid losing too much speed through t1.

However given the softer tyres will be unlocked for next weekend will this have an impact? Didn’t Ferrari struggle to switch these on in testing?
The surface is as different as it can get in comparison to Bahrain. They can probably be more aggressive with the setup. Personally feel if they can get the car in a good window in FP1, they'll be in a good place.

f1isgood
f1isgood

High speed corners in Jeddah aren't really comparable to corners elsewhere because they don't affect the tires nearly as much as in proper race tracks.

I think the team that gets pole between RB/Ferrari the two most efficient teams will have a good chance at winning. Last year Ferrari was slower than 2022 Ferrari in Jeddah. With the much improved tire situation things should be much closer especially given deg is not a factor.

Vanja #66

JPower wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:04
I think its pretty disappointing stooping to making potshots about a driver's family. Guess we're in a similar point of disappointment.
(deleted part about Sr and his relationship with Jr according to Mod request)

Jr is a Ferrari driver and as a Ferrari fan I hold him to a high standard. He's driving for a team that is literally the face of the sport. F1 is Ferrari and vice versa. He's driving for a team where Schumacher won 5 of his titles, where Kimi won his own, where Alonso and Seb shared heatbreaking failures after being rivals. A team where Lauda won a title after coming back from the jaws of Death. Where Surtees won his title and so became the one and only World Champ on 4 and 2 wheels.

You don't get to bs fans of such a team about your results when you keep making amateur mistakes every other race. You don't get to say your team can only fight Max if you start in front of him - while being 4 tenths slower than team mate in Q. That's literally pissing on the amazing job engineers did in the last few months...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

JPower
JPower

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:35
JPower wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:04
I think its pretty disappointing stooping to making potshots about a driver's family. Guess we're in a similar point of disappointment.
(deleted part about Sr and his relationship with Jr according to Mod request)

Jr is a Ferrari driver and as a Ferrari fan I hold him to a high standard. He's driving for a team that is literally the face of the sport. F1 is Ferrari and vice versa. He's driving for a team where Schumacher won 5 of his titles, where Kimi won his own, where Alonso and Seb shared heatbreaking failures after being rivals. A team where Lauda won a title after coming back from the jaws of Death. Where Surtees won his title and so became the one and only World Champ on 4 and 2 wheels.

You don't get to bs fans of such a team about your results when you keep making amateur mistakes every other race. You don't get to say your team can only fight Max if you start in front of him - while being 4 tenths slower than team mate in Q. That's literally pissing on the amazing job engineers did in the last few months...
Who's BSing here? He was one tenth behind his teammate in qualifying when it counted, not 4 tenths.

Regardless, we know Ferrari history in here. As a Ferrari driver, he's done everything that was asked for him outside of being Leclerc's patsy. I think he's far exceeded expectations made of him when he was signed in 2020. If you think what's he's saying is BS, that's fine. Given the result, I find it hard to agree.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 18:59
Also, what was that about Merc being ahead in race trim coming from Allison? 8)
Felt like a strange claim at the time, and certainly looks quite silly now.

Realistically, we were only fighting for 2nd in WCC this year, so this is a good start in that regard. Car fault aside, the team generally executed well, with sensible strategy and great pitstops. That's always a relief to see them get this stuff right.

Vanja #66

JPower wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:46
As a Ferrari driver, he's done everything that was asked
"Don't make amateur mistakes every other race" is part of a job description, not an added request
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

scuderiabrandon

Going off of historical data, Leclerc usually has around 0.2s on Sainz in race trim [across the 3 years as teammates]. Let's be a bit more conservative for the sake of not being overly optimistic and say 0.15s. Assuming no brake issues and the historical delta between them, that would put Leclerc at an avg lap pace of 95.8 oppose to Verstappens 95.6. I think that seems a realistic assessment.

Leclerc speaks as if P2 was a 100% certainty given no issues and that the gap to Verstappen is not entirely representitive. Anyways I haven't given up on our hopes yet.

Jeddah's smooth surface should nullify RBR's deg advantage a little bit. Bahrain also showed us the car is competitive with a good medium-high speed corrner balance. Should allow Ferrari to be a bit more aggressive with the setup. Given they find a good balance early on, I think race is on in SA. 8)

Pin this so I can either look like a hero or a total idiot next weekend.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Vinlarr89 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:14

The circuit itself should help with it. I can't imagine having issues switching on tyres with these long sweeping corners.
But what do I know, I'm clueless :D

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Looking at the deg performance this weekend seems to suggest Fer was actually better than RBR and that was supposed to be adjusted for tyre type.

If so shows they could have gone slightly more aggressive with the setup. Again Jeddah not really a track that has deg issues so not an issue.

The car stability through high speed sections so far fills me with confidence, although I suspect RBR will be better through turns 1&2.