Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
yener

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Horner will resign, because the situation is getting worse everyday now. Knowing you are not supported by your number 1 driver will build up the pressure even more.
There is a lot of tension on CH and it's kinda getting akward right now with Jos talking to the daily mail. When Max said " my father is not a liar" makes things even worse.

I didn't see or hear anybody in the RBR team supporting him or making a statement. And of course i understand that you have to focus on racing, but sooner or later this will become unbearable for CH.

The way to get out with dignity is getting more and more dificult this way. He should anounce intern that he will resign at the end of this year, because this way he wont make it to the end of the year.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

the EDGE
the EDGE

yener wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 23:56
Horner will resign, because the situation is getting worse everyday now. Knowing you are not supported by your number 1 driver will build up the pressure even more.
There is a lot of tension on CH and it's kinda getting akward right now with Jos talking to the daily mail. When Max said " my father is not a liar" makes things even worse.

I didn't see or hear anybody in the RBR team supporting him or making a statement. And of course i understand that you have to focus on racing, but sooner or later this will become unbearable for CH.

The way to get out with dignity is getting more and more dificult this way. He should anounce intern that he will resign at the end of this year, because this way he wont make it to the end of the year.
‘If’ he resigns it would be with immediate affect. It would be too damaging for both him and the team to stick around once a decision like that had been announced for a reason like this

For clarity, I do not have an opinion on whether he should or should not resign. I simply don’t care either way, it’s got nothing to do with me

CHT
CHT

dans79 wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:45
CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 16:25
Redbull thai owner is worth usd33 billions.. for him to show support for CH is a strong statement.
I Personally would not hang my hat on the thai family's support.
https://apnews.com/article/red-bull-bos ... 5fd1cd38f4
They are the majority owner of the RB racing team and redbull brand. The are the biggest sponsor for RBR. If the owner and sponsors have his back CH doesn't have to worry. RB as I know is a very loyal company to their partners.

Coming from the land of smile I think they will perhaps for more empathy for CH as a human.

CHT
CHT

yener wrote:

not sure if Max will be Max without RB.
Not sure if RB will be RB without CH.

If Max leave I bet LH will jump in to try to claim his 8WDC.

If Max has issue with CH behaviour then he should also look into his backyard as Jos has been abbusive to women include Maxs mum.

Just saying

myurr
myurr

CHT wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 00:13

If Max has issue with CH behaviour then he should also look into his backyard as Jos has been abbusive to women include Maxs mum.

Just saying
You think Lewis Hamilton will jump into the Red Bull if Max leaves?

Watto
Watto

myurr wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 20:32
vorticism wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 19:46
Odd that you yourself were apparently willing to apparently snoop/creep on these purported names/identities yourself while claiming that this is in itself also a repugnant act. Shame on you? Regardless. You seem confident the jpegs are authentic.
When did I claim that?

I am confident the screenshots are authentic and have yet to see a single objective reason to believe they are fake.
When the images first leaked I leaned towards them being fake based off a pretty crude method, of of the CH selfies seemed to have all the hallmarks of being AI generated - nothing really strong about me opinions there but clear photo of CH and a soft out of focus background. Aware there are plenty of explanations filters, CH editing it, thats just how the cameras/phone took the image - though in general phone cameras do a decent job of keeping everything in focus (DSLR are obviously a very different story, as well as some photo software where you can control focus points and so on.). As well as the changing nature of the investigation first it was about controlling behavior with a specific part saying it was non sexual. A week or two later it turned into sexting ramp up the pressure. ALso aware how the some of the convo shows controlling behavior too.

I cam around to them being real though though a little of CH lack of real denial - again though who knoiws what hes been advised to say, as a company rep and legal advise can mean you can't always say what you would like. The email list it was being sent to as being a little too calculated. Again people with tech skills can easily find those things without much effort.

With the Saward article - and by all means I may be reading way too far into things and aware he has a bias/source and can only really tell what he knows. Anyway, get from that that the CH relationship with his PA is real - not that there was doubt there really. But his reference to ways to create a fake conversations is/was he indicating there are some real elements of the conversations and some that are generated/fake to ramp up the pressure against him. I guess it it just JS throwing a random theory out there that most on here have had or has be been hold something his article in general comes across as what hes been told/has some information on. Take into account too him saying the email list is highly confidential but people in tech enough know could manage it easily enough. Comes across a little told (well he indicates this) someone high up at RBGmbH in Austria . Go back on a second here too someone high up in RB GbmH would likely have the lawyers report too if his info on that is accurate. Maybe why he seems dismissive of the woman involved. Obviously just an opinion and maybe reading too much into it

It could be why CH can't deny the conversation there are parts of it that are obviously very very real, which means denials are pretty much impossible.

Add in the whole power struggle stuff etc.

terefere
terefere

I think it would be easier to replace Horner with another team principal than to replace Max in his current form.

Watto
Watto

yener wrote:

Thats the part that of me that things that maybe likely. Its becoming too damaging too the team and to him personallu maybe it becomes best to just walk. Less stress for all involved.

myurr
myurr

Watto wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 00:21
When the images first leaked I leaned towards them being fake based off a pretty crude method, of of the CH selfies seemed to have all the hallmarks of being AI generated - nothing really strong about me opinions there but clear photo of CH and a soft out of focus background. Aware there are plenty of explanations filters, CH editing it, thats just how the cameras/phone took the image - though in general phone cameras do a decent job of keeping everything in focus (DSLR are obviously a very different story, as well as
iPhones (and Android for that matter) have a portrait photograph mode that uses AI to try and blur the background to create that shallow depth of field look you'd get with a DSLR / Mirrorless camera with a fast lens. The photo I think you're referring to (the selfie with the blurred gardens in the background) looks like you'd expect with that AI filter run over it (to my untrained eye).

myurr
myurr

Watto wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 00:27
Thats the part that of me that things that maybe likely. Its becoming too damaging too the team and to him personallu maybe it becomes best to just walk. Less stress for all involved.
I'm not so sure - I don't think Horner's the type of guy to take the easy path. He seems to have a burning driving ambition to own and run his own team, and this is likely his one and only shot at it. I don't think he'll let it go at all easily. I think he'll need the Thais to tell him it's over, or for his UK financiers to pull out of the rumoured deal to by RBT.

CHT
CHT

myurr wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 00:20
CHT wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 00:13

Just saying
You think Lewis Hamilton will jump into the Red Bull if Max leaves?
LH only has one thing left in F1which is 8WDC. I am sure he would if he could.

It's not like 600 employees are going to stage a walk out because of CH

CHT
CHT

Which is why I said he would if he could.

Without Max or LH I am sure RB can create a new WDC. Plenty of talent on the grid.

Watto
Watto

myurr wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 00:30
Watto wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 00:21
When the images first leaked I leaned towards them being fake based off a pretty crude method, of of the CH selfies seemed to have all the hallmarks of being AI generated - nothing really strong about me opinions there but clear photo of CH and a soft out of focus background. Aware there are plenty of explanations filters, CH editing it, thats just how the cameras/phone took the image - though in general phone cameras do a decent job of keeping everything in focus (DSLR are obviously a very different story, as well as
iPhones (and Android for that matter) have a portrait photograph mode that uses AI to try and blur the background to create that shallow depth of field look you'd get with a DSLR / Mirrorless camera with a fast lens. The photo I think you're referring to (the selfie with the blurred gardens in the background) looks like you'd expect with that AI filter run over it (to my untrained eye).
Yes that was the photo I was referring too and aware the portrait mode does that Just it didn't quite seem right - but that wasn't any real forensic analysis, it just **felt** like a classic AI generated image where just a stock standard image - it may just have been a 3rd party filter too which obviously takes it back into being genuine. (even though you can probably technically call it AI generated lol)

But also as I did post I changed my mind on the authenticity that was just my first impression that had no real deep review just a quick look over and that doesn't seem right ; once the credibility of one image called into question the validity of them all comes into question - though not outright saying they aren't real either just raises a red flag.

myurr
myurr

CHT wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 00:46
Which is why I said he would if he could.

Without Max or LH I am sure RB can create a new WDC. Plenty of talent on the grid.
You originally said "If Max leave I bet LH will jump in to try to claim his 8WDC."

No caveat on that one.

CHT
CHT

codetower wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 23:29
Horner isn't going anywhere. As long as the woman doesn't file a lawsuit, or a formal complaint herself, this will become a "matter between Horner and the [woman]". With Marko gone, Max will finish out the year, win another title., then him and Jos will leave. RBR, or whatever they become when this is all done, will bring in two new drivers. Likely Sainz, maybe one of the McLaren duo, maybe a rookie, and this will all blow over.

I'm sure RB have already gotten both sides of the story from Horner and the woman, and have access to much more information than the few pages of messages that the media has seen. They've made their decision and likely wont change it.
Marko is too old to lead a team along with him and since CH has got the owner and sponsors backing, his position is secured.

Before RB KC dismiss the case I am sure they are certain there is no legal implication which is why that leads to a leak instead of lawsuit.