2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
draghixa
draghixa

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 22:24
Well maybe turn 1 and 2 were not absolutely perfect, but it was a good lap indeed, I a,m surprised
Alonso mentioned that he lost some tire temperature by letting Lewis go so the first few corners was not perfect.

KimiRai
KimiRai

draghixa wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 22:43
KimiRai wrote:
Well maybe turn 1 and 2 were not absolutely perfect, but it was a good lap indeed, I a,m surprised
Alonso mentioned that he lost some tire temperature by letting Lewis go so the first few corners was not perfect.
Yes you can see it in the telemetry as well. Apart from that, very well done

KimiRai
KimiRai

Fernando does have a fresh set of soft tyres right? Do you think they could try some different strategy to go around the degradation or is there no chance?

issey
issey

KimiRai wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 22:58
Fernando does have a fresh set of soft tyres right? Do you think they could try some different strategy to go around the degradation or is there no chance?
I think so, but they never tried a long run on soft so it’s a bit unknown.It’s good for the start to overtake and get more clean air for the race but there is only Perez and Leclerc ahead so we need to be really faster than them to be it worth.

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

I think they will use that set if safety car is deployed near the end of the race.
KimiRai wrote:

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

draghixa wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 22:43
KimiRai wrote:
What I see a lot of slide out of corner when just start the fast lap and trying to catch Hamilton. Maximum 0.15s left inside but rest was oke. But I think nobody went a perfect lap so is irrelevant.

Mr Alcatraz

Brilliant lap by Fred. What an amazing pilot.
Sorry haters, ya' 'awl boyz are hurtin' buckaroos.
Ba-bye :wave:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

nowaysthatsreal wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 23:08
I think they will use that set if safety car is deployed near the end of the race.
KimiRai wrote:
Yes i think the same, Alonso tomorrow somehow have to past Ferrari and let the 2 Redbull go. Just be in clean air otherwise no chance. Anyway if true what Crack said about aggressive development plan,then will be a nice season for Aston.

Otromundo

KimiRai wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 21:05
Otromundo wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 21:01
I am very happy with the team's progress since Fernando arrived. What a change, compared to Renault. It is something that must be remembered.

Last year they were lost during the development of the season. They could have done better but absolute perfection is not easy.

Everything they have done over the last 2 years or so seems spectacular to me. I think they really want to make a good F1 team. But this, like absolute perfection, takes time.

I'd be happy to see steady progress, with some ups and downs quickly resolved, throughout the season. And stay as high as possible both in qualification and later in the races.
Completely agree. I just hope that Flavio and Alonso are not impatient and give them a couple years more.
Me too, it's a good place to stay. Even later, to help a certain Pepe Martí as much as possible even though he is now in RB's orbit... It is even likely that Pepe's destiny will influence Fernando's or vice versa.
I will also be very aware of Pepe in F2, I recommend paying attention to him.

It would be nice ..
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

xReVo
xReVo

max_speed wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 20:08
As expected , threw P2 in last sector, lost 2 tenth. Alonso is seriously loosing edge in quali. Today car deserved P2 even team looked shocked
Go and review Alonso's lap and find the mistake, as he raced to the limit near the walls on one of the scariest tracks of the season. But what exactly are you talking about? However, tomorrow if there are no problems or surprises it will be a P8 considering the race pace. It's hard but you have to accept it

F1doc
F1doc

jofs89 wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 20:11
Unacceptable for Stroll to be 8 tenths behind. Not good enough.
Stroll will make some excuse up about the car not feeling right and having to investigate it. The team will probably come back and say there was damage from running over a kerb...

We all know the real reason is the difference between a world class and a professional driver.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Car still extremely good with traction out of corners akin to last year

Apexseal157

SSJ4 wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 03:34

Car still extremely good with traction out of corners akin to last year
I agree it may be good but some of the advantage in traction zone shown here is also a result of nando's approach to his lap, sacrificed mid corner speed for exit speed (especially through 4/5, 13 and 27) could just be him taking advantage of the aston's good traction/thinking about minimising time loss down the straights. would love to see nando and lance's telemetry Im sure you could gain some interesting insight.

Apexseal157

just to add to my point, it's interesting how max, charles and fernando all approach their laps differently, leclerc is super aggresive into almost every braking zone, takes as much mid-corner speed as possible and sacrifices the exit as a result, nando is the opposite, everything is sacraficed in the name of exit, not super late on the brakes (compared to leclerc) so he can "v" the corners, max is balanced, he doesn't quite attack the brakes like leclerc but is more aggresive than alonso, he carries a bit more speed mid corner and gets an equally balanced exit. I'd assume each of these drivers "styles" are exaggerated by the strengths of their respective cars, but its nice to see 3 different style's all being effective in extracting a quick lap.

max_speed
max_speed

xReVo wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 01:18
max_speed wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 20:08
As expected , threw P2 in last sector, lost 2 tenth. Alonso is seriously loosing edge in quali. Today car deserved P2 even team looked shocked
Go and review Alonso's lap and find the mistake, as he raced to the limit near the walls on one of the scariest tracks of the season. But what exactly are you talking about? However, tomorrow if there are no problems or surprises it will be a P8 considering the race pace. It's hard but you have to accept it
I dnt have to prove to anyone how big alonso fan i am. I have been following him since 2004. Every year i turn up hoping he will get a chance to win championship, one more race win, one more pole. When i saw him .100 away in S2, i dreamt of pole atleast P2 for sure. May be i am getting frustrated with the fact that he may never win a championship again and not able to accept it.
I only support team he races for, have zero loyalty and care for aston tbh.