2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Cs98 wrote:The result is good but how impressed can you really be? Ferrari had the clear second fastest car here and it wasn't a problem to pass, so the running order worked itself out. Still, if they perform like this (quali) on a weekend where the competitive picture is less divided, they will suffer in the results column.
This is Ferrari weakest track on the calendar and the strategist team you repeatedly called incompetent did instead a great job.

Bad trolling attempt.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

jambuka wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 09:29
Good race, Ferrari missed opportunity to tell Sainz no fighting. Not sure why only LEC gets told no fighting.
well sainz got told not fighting last year canada.. i think if the pace was some what equal i would agree, but sainz with 10 lap newer tyres its no brainer

JPower
JPower

That was as good as it was going to get. Bravo Ferrari.

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 09:42
Cs98 wrote:The result is good but how impressed can you really be? Ferrari had the clear second fastest car here and it wasn't a problem to pass, so the running order worked itself out. Still, if they perform like this (quali) on a weekend where the competitive picture is less divided, they will suffer in the results column.
This is Ferrari weakest track on the calendar and the strategist team you repeatedly called incompetent did instead a great job.

Bad trolling attempt.
Past tense, they used to be incompetent. They got the results they should've, nothing too impressive about that anymore than RBR getting the 1-2. And you can't keep using the SF23 to determine where the SF24's weakest circuits are. That's illogical, the car is completely different.

Xyz22
Xyz22

The potential in race trim was even higher as underlined by Perez and Max in the cooldown room. They were “surprised” by Leclerc pace on the 1 stop strategy which wasn’t the optimal strategy at all (but the right one for Leclerc).
Again he needs to get on top of that outlap in qualifying. The pace in the race is there.

bagajohny
bagajohny

I think LEC had a chance at P2 had not made the mistake while defending Checo. Also Checo was unable to overtake him for two laps in a row. Medium tyres were better than Hard tyres today so he could have extended his first stint a bit further. Because of the mistake he even lost the podium.

Not to say I am unhappy with the result. It is definitely a great result for the team. Ferrari is now clearly second force on the track. But LEC cannot afford such mistakes in championship fights.

dialtone
dialtone

Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

Bad trolling attempt.
Past tense, they used to be incompetent. They got the results they should've, nothing too impressive about that anymore than RBR getting the 1-2. And you can't keep using the SF23 to determine where the SF24's weakest circuits are. That's illogical, the car is completely different.
I’m not using the SF-23. This track suits RBR particularly well and MCL was stronger here as Ferrari hasn’t had strong fast corner performance so far this season.

This is simply the weakest track so far.

scuderiabrandon

bagajohny wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 09:58
I think LEC had a chance at P2 had not made the mistake while defending Checo. Also Checo was unable to overtake him for two laps in a row. Medium tyres were better than Hard tyres today so he could have extended his first stint a bit further. Because of the mistake he even lost the podium.

Not to say I am unhappy with the result. It is definitely a great result for the team. Ferrari is now clearly second force on the track. But LEC cannot afford such mistakes in championship fights.
That cost him at most a second. The biggest mistake came from not qualifying further ahead.

Xyz22
Xyz22

scuderiabrandon wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 10:07
bagajohny wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 09:58

That cost him at most a second. The biggest mistake came from not qualifying further ahead.
Yep.
This is --- frustrating because he is super quick in the race.

In any event, the overall pace in the race of the car was really strong when you factor in RB brought a significant upgrade.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 07 Apr 2024, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Great post race interview from Leclerc. Sounds like he’s really confident that the quali is not a car issue, but work he needs to do to put the car in the right window. But more I’m intrigued by what Ferrari has in the pipeline. There was a bit of a smirk from leclerc suggesting they could be back in the fight later in the season. Looking at the race pace today, the Ferrari looks to be on another level even to RB when it comes to tyres this year, which suggests that some of that could be traded for more performance. RBR are better in the first stints but with more deg, although their drivers suggested that was because of the direction they went in setup to secure pole.

bagajohny
bagajohny

Vinlarr89 wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 10:10
Great post race interview from Leclerc. Sounds like he’s really confident that the quali is not a car issue, but work he needs to do to put the car in the right window. But more I’m intrigued by what Ferrari has in the pipeline. There was a bit of a smirk from leclerc suggesting they could be back in the fight later in the season. Looking at the race pace today, the Ferrari looks to be on another level even to RB when it comes to tyres this year, which suggests that some of that could be traded for more performance. RBR are better in the first stints but with more deg, although their drivers suggested that was because of the direction they went in setup to secure pole.
Link?

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 10:02
Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

Bad trolling attempt.
I’m not using the SF-23. This track suits RBR particularly well and MCL was stronger here as Ferrari hasn’t had strong fast corner performance so far this season.

Doesn't mean they are weak here, they were clearly second fastest today and the results reflect that.

dialtone
dialtone

Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 10:02
Cs98 wrote: Past tense, they used to be incompetent. They got the results they should've, nothing too impressive about that anymore than RBR getting the 1-2. And you can't keep using the SF23 to determine where the SF24's weakest circuits are. That's illogical, the car is completely different.

Doesn't mean they are weak here, they were clearly second fastest today and the results reflect that.
That’s a totally different argument. This track had the mix of corners that Ferrari drivers themselves said wasn’t gonna suit the car. That they got 2nd best anyway just means the car is that much better than those behind at the moment.

Sevach
Sevach

It's quite impressive that Ferrari made a medium-hard strategy work.
And that came on a weekend where the team qualified badly and had to fight traffic to get their "normal" positions.

Really solid, i hope we can find some 4 tenths with the Imola upgrade.

On the negative side, Ferrari was confused why it was so slow in the final sector(which is just the chicane), figuring that out might unlock the car qualy performance.
Last edited by Sevach on 07 Apr 2024, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

Mansell89
Mansell89

As a Macca fan here, Ferrari are winning admiring glances from me at the moment.

This is meant to be a strong McLaren track and in spurts, it was. For Ferrari to swat us aside with that superb tyre deg management and such a lovely car balance must surely translate into further race wins this year for the Scuderia.

Upgrades for Aston/McLaren/Merc notwithstanding, the strength of the driver lineup at Ferrari this year I believe puts it in the Constructors Championship fight, IF Perez begins to have his usual mid season struggles.

Bravo on a very well-executed opening 4 races 👏