2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Venturiation
Venturiation

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Slahinki wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:31
Darth-Piekus wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:23
It's not a matter if I support a driver or not. Would you like it if I called you Hamilton-hater? I don't like when people are unreasonable. Alonso already was on Stroll turning him around before even Hamilton touched him not to mention he was on the inside. If you want to blame someone blame Alonso.
Hamilton had no hope of making that corner without using Alonso as a brake. That gap he so idiotically put his nose into was always going to disappear when the cars ahead of him turned into T1. He should know this, the man's been in the sport close to 2 decades and is a 7 time champion. It doesn't matter what Alonso or Stroll may have done that could or could not have made an incident, what Hamilton did guaranteed one. Every time we see a driver do what Hamilton did on lap 1 here, it ends in a collision. Amateur driving.

Anyway, looking forward to qualifying. Pace seems to be decent.
Hamilton was making that corner
Stroll crashing was what blocked hamilton

Darth-Piekus

I am glad that there is some common sense. Pictures don't lie. Hamilton is nowhere near Alonso and doesn't seem to be having problems turning. If you want to blame someone, blame Alonso this time.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Venturiation wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:33
Slahinki wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:31
Darth-Piekus wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:23
It's not a matter if I support a driver or not. Would you like it if I called you Hamilton-hater? I don't like when people are unreasonable. Alonso already was on Stroll turning him around before even Hamilton touched him not to mention he was on the inside. If you want to blame someone blame Alonso.
Hamilton had no hope of making that corner without using Alonso as a brake. That gap he so idiotically put his nose into was always going to disappear when the cars ahead of him turned into T1. He should know this, the man's been in the sport close to 2 decades and is a 7 time champion. It doesn't matter what Alonso or Stroll may have done that could or could not have made an incident, what Hamilton did guaranteed one. Every time we see a driver do what Hamilton did on lap 1 here, it ends in a collision. Amateur driving.

Anyway, looking forward to qualifying. Pace seems to be decent.
Hamilton was making that corner
Stroll crashing was what blocked hamilton
They are both to blame. Here is Hamilton "making that corner":

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

Looks like Alonso was making contact whether Lewis was on the inside or not. Either way Lando bottled it with the fastest car again and will do so tonight.

hollus

Onboard you can actually see Alonso making a bit of contact with Stroll, somehow keeping that contact stable, then looking right, turning left as he sees Hamilton, then making even more contact with Stroll. I say 60%-40% blame.
Rivals, not enemies.

Marc.W

Alex_Z wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:40
Looks like Alonso was making contact whether Lewis was on the inside or not. Either way Lando bottled it with the fastest car again and will do so tonight.
Not exactly sure how getting taken out of the race is "bottling it"

mwillems

Hamilton came into that corner so fast and late. It's turn one of the opening lap, so many cars doing things, to think that space was just available for as long as he needed it was a bit desperate whilst at the same time Lance was squeezing Alonso, not realising he was making an Alonso sandwich.

But, still, it is a racing incident, nothing more, you'd just expect better of Hamilton, that seemed like a bit of a rookie move.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mwillems

I'm posting purely for the video (Not to endorse the Hamilton comment) as it looks from this angle that Alonso had almost nothing he could do. In any case, a shame to see Lando go out so cheaply, but thank the lucky stars that the damage was minimal.

-Bandit

Darth-Piekus

Personally I disagree with the whole notion. Alonso was already turning Stroll before even Hamilton was near. For me Alonso was to blame.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

There were two independent incidents and two drivers at fault in T1.

Alonso for crashing into Stroll.
Hamilton for crashing into Alonso.

Both made mistakes.

Darth-Piekus

That is why we must be a pole position team as fast as possible to avoid that midfield and we have to stop screwing Qualifications.

bauc

Darth-Piekus wrote:
04 May 2024, 20:09
That is why we must be a pole position team as fast as possible to avoid that midfield and we have to stop screwing Qualifications.
We need to quali good today, otherwise we will get stuck in traffic again tomorrow
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SilviuAgo

Is funny this conversation and I'm glad having guests also Mercedes fans as Venturiation on a McLaren topic forum. Welcome 😃
On other side, finally we have a Sprint race where to discuss, although was still a Max win 🤣
Happy to fill the gap between SprintRace and Quali with some nice arguments from both sides.

SilviuAgo

bauc wrote:
04 May 2024, 20:11
Darth-Piekus wrote:
We need to quali good today, otherwise we will get stuck in traffic again tomorrow
This is a valid point. Not only that you avoid some collateral damage as we saw earlier on Sprint Race but you have a good chance not only for the podium but also for the win. Max win was not convincing and based on what we saw yesterday in Sq1 and Sq2 Lando may have a chance for P1.

mwillems

bauc wrote:
04 May 2024, 20:11
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Yes. Pressure is back on again now, time to see what we can get out of those softs and what happens when Q3 heat ramps up. Qualifying is crucial to fight for a win here.

-Bandit