2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Spoutnik wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:24
Russell had a puncture ? Why did he pit ?
burned through his hards, team didnt think he could make it to the end without losing a bunch of time so they pitted him, lewis was lapping 0.6 secs faster anyway so it didnt really matter

SKYnRacing24

Races like what ? Canada , Spain , Australia (lucky SC) Miami(Lucky SC)Austria , France, Hungary, Netherlands, COTA , Mexico the list goes on. After the SC start in Canada he pulled out 5 seconds while being on older hard tyres . Spain 22 mega race pace displayed once again. Until Russells win in brazil he was the driver knocking on the door for the win. Had 5 podiums in a row aswell so no he DID NOT get beaten on race pace fair and square. 24 he's ahead on merit but now were seing what Hamilton is made of when it comes to unlocking potential in the car. Its been proven time and time again.

Your a Hamilton fan....bloody hell lmaooooo
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Luscion
Luscion

ringo

Hammerfist wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:54
Strange decision by Russell. If it were me I would have definitely stayed out on the hards and dragged it to the flag hoping to keep Lewis behind. On a track that is so hard to overtake I don’t think Lewis would have passed him. Gave an easy win to Lewis in the end. Not a good sign and a lack of mental toughness for the future team leader.
It may have been the team's call to gather more constructor's points.
It's just effectively giving Lewis another point and not losing Russel any. While also collecting more data.
For Sure!!

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

214270 wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:56
Hammerfist wrote:
Strange decision by Russell. If it were me I would have definitely stayed out on the hards and dragged it to the flag hoping to keep Lewis behind. On a track that is so hard to overtake I don’t think Lewis would have passed him. Gave an easy win to Lewis in the end. Not a good sign and a lack of mental toughness for the future team leader.
With PER in the mix it was a now-or-never situation with RUS I’m guessing.
Yea I just listened to Toto. His tire wear was so bad he would not have made it to the flag apparently. Ubderstandable then.

Luscion
Luscion

Cs98 wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:28
Didn't follow his race, did he make the call to box? On this track it feels like he could've kept him behind even if Lewis was on slightly fresher rubber.

Rusell was complaining, team didn't think he could make it to the end without losing a bunch of time so they pitted him, Lewis was lapping 0.6 secs faster anyway so it didn't really matter
Last edited by Luscion on 19 May 2024, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

ringo wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:33
Hammerfist wrote:
It may have been the team's call to gather more constructor's points.
It's just effectively giving Lewis another point and not losing Russel any. While also collecting more data.
Yes. Good point. It was the teams decision. The radio message made it look like it was an option. But in reality the team wanted him to pit obviously.

ringo

Okay so Russel was pushing like hell. Even whenhe had a 9 second cushion to Lewis behind. Gotta love Russel's self believe. Sometimes he thinks he i capable of things he really can't do. Probably thought he was gonna catch sainz.
For Sure!!

Cs98
Cs98

Luscion wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:38
Cs98 wrote:
Didn't follow his race, did he make the call to box? On this track it feels like he could've kept him behind even if Lewis was on slightly fresher rubber.

Rusell was complaining, team didn't think he could make it to the end without losing a bunch of time so they pitted him, Lewis was lapping 0.6 secs faster anyway so it didn't really matter
If it wasn't his call I wouldn't have been happy with that if I were Russell. You need a pretty big overtaking delta to pass here.

Luscion
Luscion

Cs98 wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:55
Luscion wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

If it wasn't his call I wouldn't have been happy with that if I were Russell. You need a pretty big overtaking delta to pass here.
Toto said lewis was probably going to pass him anyways, i think he would have too

Cs98
Cs98

Luscion wrote:
19 May 2024, 18:18
Cs98 wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:55
Luscion wrote:

Toto said lewis was probably going to pass him anyways, i think he would have too

And maybe he would've, I'd still want to defend the position, it's a race and it's a track where you can defend.

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Trying to stir a controversy when there isn’t one. How unusual.

Luscion
Luscion

thought this was both funny and interesting, James leaving the track with a secretly wrapped nose cone on his shoulder, ted asked if he was going to show him inside and James said "I don't know what's in there. Might be all our cocaine" :lol:

f1Follower
f1Follower

With the new regulations of cars and limited spending Mercedes has fallen off a cliff. They cannot spend for 2 or more cars. Their engineers are getting poached, and the customer teams have progressed on the aero front. This shows how an early start to new regulations helps the F1 teams. Mercedes got early start with 2014 engine regulations, only RB was able to get the Driver championship only in the last race (controversially). Mercedes also had the luxury of having Ross Brawn to setup the team in all the departments but mostly aero which was taken over by Toto.

Now we can see how good the leadership is from Toto and aero. They have poached few of the Ferrari engineers, but they are still clueless with the current Ground Effect regulations even after letting few big aero guys go and bringing in James Allison.