2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
27 May 2024, 21:15
Last year in Canada the SF 23 didn't perform badly and Ferrari got a decent result considering the terrible qualifying session.
Red Bull had a smaller advantage than usual as well IIRC.

After all even the SF 90 was competitive there :D
Max already complained about their Canada chances. Watch them dominate every session of the weekend.

I don't think Ferrari will have no chances, but now is the best time for RB to reassert their hold. McLaren will be right up there as usual. Barcelona will be a very trialing test for Ferrari
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

S D

AnthonyG wrote:
27 May 2024, 11:01
Emag wrote:
27 May 2024, 09:54
I think its time for them to consider changes to the track. In terms of strategy, I agree, it was like Singapore, but you're not completely hopeless for an overtake in Singapore.

There's not that much room for changes, but something that would make a big difference is to remove the nouvelle chicane and making tabac slower. At least you get one big braking zone following a straight.
It's the cars, the cheapest and most effective way for F1 to increase overtaking is to reduce car size. A smaller car will increase overtaking on all tracks of the calender. Present day and future.
Here's one suggestion... https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/gary ... ck-layout/

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
27 May 2024, 21:31
Xyz22 wrote:
27 May 2024, 21:15
Last year in Canada the SF 23 didn't perform badly and Ferrari got a decent result considering the terrible qualifying session.
Red Bull had a smaller advantage than usual as well IIRC.

After all even the SF 90 was competitive there :D
Max already complained about their Canada chances. Watch them dominate every session of the weekend.

I don't think Ferrari will have no chances, but now is the best time for RB to reassert their hold. McLaren will be right up there as usual. Barcelona will be a very trialing test for Ferrari
I'm expecting RB to be strong but not to dominate to be honest.
Going to be an interesting test.

MTL79
MTL79

I miss the 50 degree track temps of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in the past. It seems it's always cold or rainy races that last 10 years or so. Although that does coincide with moving the race on the calendar to earlier in the month of June.

Right now it's 25 degrees, but temperatures will be low 20's for the rest of the week. If the racing gods are on Ferrari's side, they can throw in a 30 + degree weekend for the race and it will get really interesting if that happens given that RB struggles a little more than Ferrari and McLaren in those circumstances...

Xyz22
Xyz22

MTL79 wrote:
27 May 2024, 22:03
I miss the 50 degree track temps of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in the past. It seems it's always cold or rainy races that last 10 years or so. Although that does coincide with moving the race on the calendar to earlier in the month of June.

Right now it's 25 degrees, but temperatures will be low 20's for the rest of the week. If the racing gods are on Ferrari's side, they can throw in a 30 + degree weekend for the race and it will get really interesting if that happens given that RB struggles a little more than Ferrari and McLaren in those circumstances...
RB has been historically strong in terms of thermal degradation IIRC. This was a bigger issue for McL, but it seems they improved on that quite a bit with the last upgrade.

leblanc
leblanc

Every year, eXpErTs (read: racing purists) suggest a new layout. The principality, itself, is the spectacle. It continually earns a lot of money, and that makes it a success. I don't see why anyone would waste a single breath or keystroke on "improving" the racing.

Re: Racing - The car size is the problem. It affects all narrow tracks.

Xwang
Xwang

Indeed I think that the two appendices near the halo introduced with the new aero pack at imolo are the reason for the victory. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornicello if you want to read how they work!

f1316
f1316

Vanja #66 wrote:
27 May 2024, 20:23
On Sunday, Leclerc didn't just brake his own Monaco "curse" but Ferrari's as well. Not since 1979 and Jody Scheckter's win from pole, 45 years ago, did a Ferrari driver win from pole in Monaco - somehow not even the Kaiser did it in his best years.
Wow, that’s a particularly remarkable stat when you think Ferrari won 5 times in between. Ok, pole wasn’t as vital as it is now (what with unreliability and refuelling) but still, it was always the most important of the year.

f1316
f1316

I think on paper Montreal is/was always likely to be one of Ferrari’s best circuits - the way the team builds cars mechanically always does well at point and squirt tracks and having a more solid aerodynamic platform - with a conscious effort to make the car easier to drive - only helps with that. So yes, Red Bull will be keen to bounce back and will be stronger than Monaco, but of all the circuits they could go to next, they wouldn’t want this one.

That doesn’t mean championships are suddenly on though - even if we do win next time - as we’re about to go to a bunch of more traditional circuits. Spain, Hungary, Silverstone, Spa will all favour Red Bull and McLaren will also be hard to beat at all those places. I expect Austria to be better for Ferrari but Red Bull will still go well there. Ferrari are still a step behind and we’ll need another step clear of Red Bull (ie match whatever they bring and a chunk extra) soon for championships to truly be on - and that’s a very hard ask.

Nevertheless, I think 4 or 5 wins over the season is realistic and this would be a big step over last year and a strong platform for genuinely challenging next.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Don't know why Hungary is in the list. Hungary consists of long medium-speed corners, is usually very and does not require to compromise between straight-line speed and DF. Even pre-upgrade SF24 was very competitive against an upgraded MCL38 in Miami's S1 in long corners (although it used less loaded RW, but still).

Here's the quickest lap comparison:

Spain should also be decent, if it's hot enough. Silverstone and Spa will be hard, yes.

dani5549
dani5549

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
28 May 2024, 13:02
Don't know why Hungary is in the list. Hungary consists of long medium-speed corners, is usually very and does not require to compromise between straight-line speed and DF. Even pre-upgrade SF24 was very competitive against an upgraded MCL38 in Miami's S1 in long corners (although it used less loaded RW, but still).

https://i.imgur.com/maYvnBS.png

Spain should also be decent, if it's hot enough. Silverstone and Spa will be hard, yes.
The 2nd upgrade package is at Silverstone though, isn't it?

Vanja #66

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
The 3 cars are so close, it's mostly down to setup and will most likely be a lot down to how they qualify until the summer break. So far, Barcelona on paper could be better for RB and McLaren if they can get their floors as low and working as hard as possible while putting on max-load wings like Monaco. But if either team chooses to go one-down with wings as they did in Imola, they might suffer high deg.

Barcelona will be a taste of things to come in Hungary, while Canada is closer to Austria in terms of wing-level. However, we need to see what these teams will bring in the end, Imola was quite unexpected from RB and McLaren and it worked very well for them. Especially Canada since deg usually isn't too high, I'm not too sure if they'll be able to do it in Austria and Silverstone
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

CouncilorIrissa wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/maYvnBS.png

With the upgrades at Silverstone, it remains to be seen if Silverstone and Spa will still be hard for Ferrari.
The pecking order is very changeable at the moment, depending on weekend general factors, Red Bull has problems with the correlation, they rarely have a good set up out of the box in FP1, that opens a lot of opportunities for the upgraded Ferrari/Mclaren; Max isn’t infallible under pressure, that’s another factor in the equation.

Xyz22
Xyz22

According to Nugnes, Vasseur allowed the Technical Team to make significant changes to the chassis for 2025. The main goal is to have a front pull rod suspension due to its advantages aero wise.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10616756/
Last edited by Xyz22 on 28 May 2024, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

so front pull and back pull rod as well ?