2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

dia6olo
dia6olo

mwillems wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 22:10
The car seems relatively capable through all corner types, the test now is how capable is it through the corner types with a different setup. So Barcelona may not have the faster or slowest sections but it will probably be more a test than Miami, Imola and Monaco, as will Canada. But Barcelona is known as a great track for putting the cars through their paces, it's partly why they tested there.

Edit: Spelling mistake
Exactly, I think all the cars can be setup to be good for most corner types, the difference maker is the cars that can be good at a mixture of corner types at the same time with one setup.
A car that is very good in slow corners while also being very good in fast corners at the same time under one setup is a car that's likely to handle all other corner types in between very well.
Any car that can have those two qualities is going to be a very good car, add drag efficiency to that and it's going to be an excellent car.
I would say due to the peculiarities of the last 3 track outings that the relative strengths and weaknesses of the current big 3 teams since the upgrades is still not clear...
Last edited by dia6olo on 05 Jun 2024, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

Emag
Emag

I am actually hoping we don't have rain. It's a good chance to see how McLaren fares against Ferrari and RedBull on a more normal track. The rain might skew things.

mclaren111

"Prestigious" Grand Prix my Ass... :wtf:

mclaren111

Emag wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 12:47
I am actually hoping we don't have rain. It's a good chance to see how McLaren fares against Ferrari and RedBull on a more normal track. The rain might skew things.

Same here...

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
You might feel differently if they both gap the field by 20 seconds in the wet :lol:
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the next three races. Canada and Austria being amongst my favourites.

-Bandit

daren_p
daren_p

Emag wrote:
I'm not, cooler temps & rain would suite me just fine, Lando for the pole & win :D

mwillems

-Bandit

BMMR61

mwillems wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 23:01
Thanks for sharing this mwillems.
So there was substance - how did something procedural dealt with by the FIA make it's way into social media? Especially in the form it was raised that the team were suspected of wrongdoing. Concerning, and a reminder to us of the importance of the ethical use of social media, which includes us in this forum. We're currently seeing the misuse in Indycar at an extreme level.

BMMR61

daren_p wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 15:37
Emag wrote:
I'm not, cooler temps & rain would suite me just fine, Lando for the pole & win :D
Those factors may seem favourable in general to our car, and Lando has been something of a star in the wet. There is though, the increase in jeopardy - visibility, getting caught in others' incidents, and of course the random occurrence of safety cars at opportune times. Hoping we get a good run without these things intervening because we stand a good chance of getting either or both our drivers on the podium.

MrGapes

Hopefully the track drainage has also been worked on... I recall FP3 last year the standing water in some places was crazy

geogate
geogate

I read a lot on social media how the FIA were instigating an investigation based off Leclerc comments, but i never actually managed to find anything that came from the FIA. It was all a bit silly really. Leclerc never claimed Mclaren or Red Bull were doing anything that required a governing body to investigate - he was simply saying Ferraris engineers should investigate and try to do what they were doing.

bauc

mwillems wrote:
Like we all said, it was just a click bait :)
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mwillems

bauc wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 09:29
mwillems wrote:
Like we all said, it was just a click bait :)
Ahaha

I was making my post agnostic but yeah there was nothing in it. Doesn't mean that they didn't want to compare some parts, even if spec, to see if the Merc engines cause some sort of wear and tear. But the original tweets were creating a nonsense narrative around something that may have happened.

-Bandit