2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1316
f1316

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AmateurDriver wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 22:58
Xyz22 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 22:54
Sevach wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 22:50
The car looked good yesterday, i don't get it.
This was not just about performance anyway. They --- up massively this weekend. Tomorrow the only option will be going long and hoping for something.
It's not that they --- up. Fact is is that they never know. This team is not serious. I have been insulted here for saying that but I definitely rest my case.
I don't really know what it means to say they're not serious. Of course they're serious, it's not just a laugh for them. They did make a mistake today but generally this has not been the case this year. Again, I'm more worried about the inherent pace of the car - I hope they, at least, understand what's going on there.

bluechris

I still think Ferrari bet their money for wet Qual. The car wasn't accelerating the same as the others so i assume it has more downforce.
We will see tomorrow, Montreal is a track that you can pass so im optimistic.

catent

AmateurDriver wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:10
edu2703 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:06
And people were talking about 'fighting for the WCC'.

After today, forget it. It looks like 1°C warmer or colder on the track makes the SF-24 become either a rocketship or a sh*tbox.

You can't fight for anything with such an irregular performance.
What is more pissing off, it's the team itself that can't Keep their mouth shut despite the scarcity of truly valuable results. This team is all marketing. And now let's welcome Mercedes in the club of the underpromisers-overachiever. Let's start to adapt to idea of finishing 4th in WCC.
Mercedes has been promising their silver bullet and touting their points of downforce observed in the wind tunnel for years now, to no effect. They do not underpromise-overdeliver … no way.

Vanja #66

Overconfidence in starting the Q2 so late and leaving no time for a warmup lap in second run was the kill shot for Leclerc's chances. It was painfully obvious they need 2 warmup laps in Q2, no idea what was on their mind. Too bad Sainz messed up in the last corner, his side did a good job with track position and at least 1 car could have ended up in Q3. Oh well, a chance for a double heroic recovery tomorrow, not gonna be easy whatever the conditions are.

One poor weekend out of 9 is by far the best on the grid =D>
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

bananapeel23

bluechris wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:13
I still think Ferrari bet their money for wet Qual. The car wasn't accelerating the same as the others so i assume it has more downforce.
We will see tomorrow, Montreal is a track that you can pass so im optimistic.
Leclerc did set a purple sector 3 in Q2 I think though, so the car isn't THAT slow.

Leclerc appeared to be very confident in their race pace though, especially in the wet. So we might end up seeing them fight through the field into a good position. Realistically a 5-6 should suffice for the WCC with Perez botching quali, but I reckon they will do better than that if we get a safety car that closes up the field.

f1316
f1316

AmateurDriver wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:16
f1316 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:11
AmateurDriver wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 22:58

It's not that they --- up. Fact is is that they never know. This team is not serious. I have been insulted here for saying that but I definitely rest my case.
I don't really know what it means to say they're not serious. Of course they're serious, it's not just a laugh for them. They did make a mistake today but generally this has not been the case this year. Again, I'm more worried about the inherent pace of the car - I hope they, at least, understand what's going on there.
Come on. Not even the likes of Haas or Sauber Are so inconsistent, so unreliable. They keep on failing to maximize every other race, and always in different ways. They are creative in this respect.
That really doesn't stand up to scrutiny. They've more or less maximised the results possible with the pace of the car all season. They wouldn't be so close to the lead of the WCC if not. I'm very disappointed with the result today - especially the pace of the car - and irritated that they failed to make Q3 when it was clearly possible, but that doesn't equate to what you're saying.

search

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:14
Overconfidence in starting the Q2 so late and leaving no time for a warmup lap in second run was the kill shot for Leclerc's chances. It was painfully obvious they need 2 warmup laps in Q2, no idea what was on their mind.
main problem was that they had only one set of new softs left for Q2, I'd say.

With the risk of rain, they decided to use it in the beginning of Q2, which I think was a reasonable call. For the 2nd run, they went out on used softs from Q1 again, so it was always going ot be difficult.

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

Last time they missed Q3 was in Belgium 2021, so i think they have a pretty good track record.

S*it happens.
Last edited by Autobahn303 on 08 Jun 2024, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

venkyhere
venkyhere

I can't believe how this thread goes from "wow best car, best team, best drivers" to "shitbox car, foolish team, terrible drivers" with one good weekend or one bad weekend. It's cartoonish, the swing factor I have seen in this thread. Jesus, guys. It's one bad weekend. Some car setup issue. Happens with any team.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Ya, a lot of overreaction in this thread. It was dodgy conditions with the rain on the horizon. They predicted rain at the end of q2 which did not happen.

One thing is for certain though, the Ferrari still struggles in colder conditions during qualifying, we will have to wait till Silverstone to hopefully fix it.

bananapeel23

venkyhere wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:26
I can't believe how this thread goes from "wow best car, best team, best drivers" to "shitbox car, foolish team, terrible drivers" with one good weekend or one bad weekend. It's cartoonish, the swing factor I have seen in this thread. Jesus, guys. It's one bad weekend. Some car setup issue. Happens with any team.
Yeah, the fans are a bit reactionary. Ferrari has generally been pretty good operationally this year. I reckon they've been second best. The mistakes they have made this season have been pretty impactful, but they've rarely been the types of mistakes that leave you absolutely dumbfounded. They have rather been reasonable gambles in scenarios where the alternative choice wasn't obviously better, like pitting Leclerc somehwat early in Miami or going for the new softs early in Q2 because they believed there would be rain later in the session.

We haven't had any Monaco 2022 or Silverstone 2022 type disasterclasses, nor have we had the absolutely ridiculous qualifying brainfarts like putting Leclerc on inters in dry conditions like Q3 Brazil 2022. We haven't even had stupid radio messages like "If you keep Bottas behind, P1". Ferrari is far from the clown show of years prior. They aren't the incredible Ferrari of the 2000s, but they are pretty solid compared to even a year ago, let alone two.

aleks_ader

Yep creating heat became problem. imo SOME GUYS DONT WATCH THIS SEASON. Qually apparently became problematic relatively with whole grid. Is it setup related, is it inherent car design. Is it wrong aero configuration, or wrong simulation tools we dont know. Its apparent that updates didn't addressed that out of box IMO. (yet)
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

There's really no need to worry. It's in the philosophy of this car to compromise tyre heating for better race pace. Today with very low track temp + a green track it cost us a lot. But I'm confident for tomorrow whether it rain or it's hotter the car will get faster than the rest of the field.

search

it was brought up last week that the Silverstone upgrade is supposed to address the qualifying weakness

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

search wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:55
it was brought up last week that the Silverstone upgrade is supposed to address the qualifying weakness
The Imola upgrade was supposed to also. But they're always fundamental flaws to a car, see Red Bull with the bumps