2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wowgr8
wowgr8

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Nope, I'm pretty sure one of the drivers (Sainz I think) said the Imola update was not meant to fix the car's weaknesses and that the next update is what should target the quali issues

scuderiabrandon

The session was just managed poorly. In the event that we get both cars through to Q3, I think a 4th row start for one driver was the best case scenario. The car was just slow today.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Xyz22 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:09
Yeah as it stand McL will fight for the WCC even though they have slower drivers in my opinion.
Their car is way more complete than the SF 24 right now.
I think you are overeating a little, since McLaren's upgrade we have had 3 weekends, Miami, Imola and Monaco during which Ferrari picked up 101 points to McLaren's 88.

There's no denying Ferrari have got a tyre temperature window problem which has compromised their qualifying on more than one occasion, but, the problem is mostly only a qualifying problem and even then they have mostly qualified OK.

With how tight it's starting to look between the leading teams, qualifying is becoming ever more important and there's no denying Ferrari cannot afford Q sessions like they had today.
But, let's not forget that with the exception of China they have generally qualified OK up until today, let's not forget they have scored more points than McLaren since Mclaren's upgrade and let's not forget they are sitting 68 points clear of McLaren.

Unless Ferrari Fall off the cliff which I very much doubt, they are still the most likely team to take the Constructors should Red Bull fail.
Last edited by dia6olo on 09 Jun 2024, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:14
Overconfidence in starting the Q2 so late and leaving no time for a warmup lap in second run was the kill shot for Leclerc's chances. It was painfully obvious they need 2 warmup laps in Q2, no idea what was on their mind. Too bad Sainz messed up in the last corner, his side did a good job with track position and at least 1 car could have ended up in Q3. Oh well, a chance for a double heroic recovery tomorrow, not gonna be easy whatever the conditions are.

One poor weekend out of 9 is by far the best on the grid =D>
How do you judge the performance on the straights of the recent upgrades, that you were waiting to see?

I had a quick look at F1-tempo, Ferrari looked very good compared to Red Bull and McLaren, so on that front the upgrades delivered definitely.

Xyz22
Xyz22

dia6olo wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 00:25
Xyz22 wrote:
Yeah as it stand McL will fight for the WCC even though they have slower drivers in my opinion.
I think you are overeating a little, since McLaren's upgrade we have had 3 weekends, Miami, Imola and Monaco during which Ferrari picked up 101 points to McLaren's 88.

There's no denying Ferrari have got a tyre temperature window problem which has compromised their qualifying on more than one occasion, but, the problem is mostly only a qualifying problem and even then they have mostly qualified OK.

With how tight it's starting to look between the leading teams, qualifying is becoming ever more important and there's no denying Ferrari cannot afford Q sessions like they had today.
But, let's not forget that with the exception of China they have generally qualified OK up until today, let's not forget they have scored more points than McLaren since Mclaren's upgrade and let's not forget they are sitting 68 points clear of McLaren.

Unless Ferrari Fall off the cliff which I very much doubt, they are still the most likely team to take the Constructors should Red Bull fail.
Piastri was very unlucky in Miami losing a ton of points. Also, he had only a part of the complete upgrade package. Now both drivers have it and tomorrow they will likely score way more points.

In Monaco McL performed better than the Red Bull and it was faster than Ferrari in Imola. Right now, talking specifically about the car, they are clearly ahead.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 09 Jun 2024, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Apart from this problem with the warm up it's a much better car than last year and they have been doing a good job so far, I dont get the hate :)

dia6olo
dia6olo

Xyz22 wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 00:45
dia6olo wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 00:25
Xyz22 wrote:

Piastri was very unlucky in Miami losing a ton of points. Also, he only a part of the complete upgrade package. Now both drivers have it and tomorrow they will likely score way more points.

In Monaco McL performed better than the Red Bull and it was faster than Ferrari in Imola. Right now talking specifically about the car they are clearly ahead.
Lando was lucky with the safety car, without it he likely comes out in 4th after his pit stop instead of first so we can also knock off a good chunk of points there too, swings and roundabouts.
That's not to say that currently McLaren don't have a more stable all round car compared to Ferrari because they do.
But that advantage is mostly a Saturday advantage and the points are handed out on Sundays.

While I do agree that currently McLaren have the edge on Ferrari, Ferrari's points advantage is not small and there will likely still be plenty other weekends were they will outscore McLaren.
I personally don't see McLaren catching Ferrari in the constructors, the season has a long way to go and things change very quickly, it wouldn't surprise me if come the end of the season the points gap is bigger still in Ferrari's favour.

McLaren were claimed to be miles better than Ferrari in 2023 as well after their upgrade by most but they were still outscored by Ferrari over the remaining 12 races.
There's a long way to go.

f1316
f1316

It does seem as it cold conditions/tyre warm up are the issue - Fred said 50% of the gap was lost in turn 1 and Charles said that, once that happens and you slide, it’s a snowball effect.

If there are mixed conditions and any craziness then you never know - although bad tyre warm up doesn’t bode well for wet running - but if it remains dry, I suspect the pace will improve but they’ll have no way to use it. Presuming it’s dry, I wonder if they’ll take the counter strategy and go hard - considering they’re already down the order - run long to make up track position and have faster tyres at the end? Seems like probably the best option and/or maybe they’ll split them to hedge their bets.

codetower

AmateurDriver wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:16
f1316 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:11
AmateurDriver wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 22:58

It's not that they --- up. Fact is is that they never know. This team is not serious. I have been insulted here for saying that but I definitely rest my case.
I don't really know what it means to say they're not serious. Of course they're serious, it's not just a laugh for them. They did make a mistake today but generally this has not been the case this year. Again, I'm more worried about the inherent pace of the car - I hope they, at least, understand what's going on there.
Come on. Not even the likes of Haas or Sauber Are so inconsistent, so unreliable. They keep on failing to maximize every other race, and always in different ways. They are creative in this respect.
Are you being serious right now? Haas? Sauber? This has to be a troll post.

I assume RB are not serious since they sign a driver who cant get out of Q3 in consecutive weeks now, were caught and beat by Ferrari last week, and out qualified by Merc this week.

I assume you also think Mclaren aren't serious since they were on a roll in miami, then beat by Ferrari last week, and now Mercedes has caught up and surpassed them this week? C’mon….your posts are tiresome.

codetower

venkyhere wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:26
I can't believe how this thread goes from "wow best car, best team, best drivers" to "shitbox car, foolish team, terrible drivers" with one good weekend or one bad weekend. It's cartoonish, the swing factor I have seen in this thread. Jesus, guys. It's one bad weekend. Some car setup issue. Happens with any team.
It’s a select few posters only who claim to be true fans. I doubt it.

Frustrated today, yes. But not the end of the world. Colder tracks give us issues. Maybe wrong setup also. P11/P12 could have been worse though. It’s one race. If it ends up raining, they may end up having made the right setup decision.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

Frustrated today, yes. But not the end of the world. Colder tracks give us issues. Maybe wrong setup also. P11/P12 could have been worse though. It’s one race. If it ends up raining, they may end up having made the right setup decision.
[/quote]

If it rains problem for SF-24 will end up even wors. Remember thay have massive tyre warm up issues. In the rain you need car with more aggresive warm up setup and downforce.

deadhead

It appears to be a repeat of the situation in China, but the true test will be how the car performs tomorrow, especially since it seems to struggle with cold track conditions.

Harvester
Harvester

codetower wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 03:36
AmateurDriver wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:16
f1316 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 23:11

I don't really know what it means to say they're not serious. Of course they're serious, it's not just a laugh for them. They did make a mistake today but generally this has not been the case this year. Again, I'm more worried about the inherent pace of the car - I hope they, at least, understand what's going on there.
Come on. Not even the likes of Haas or Sauber Are so inconsistent, so unreliable. They keep on failing to maximize every other race, and always in different ways. They are creative in this respect.
Are you being serious right now? Haas? Sauber? This has to be a troll post.

I assume RB are not serious since they sign a driver who cant get out of Q3 in consecutive weeks now, were caught and beat by Ferrari last week, and out qualified by Merc this week.

I assume you also think Mclaren aren't serious since they were on a roll in miami, then beat by Ferrari last week, and now Mercedes has caught up and surpassed them this week? C’mon….your posts are tiresome.
I don't know really if he is trolling but honestly we have to admit that Ferrari has had bad strategy for years. I've seen a lot of really head scratching stuff from them.
I don't know about Haas or Sauber but definitely in my opinion Red Bull is on another level compared to Ferrari when it comes to strategy.

Vanja #66

DoctorRadio wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 00:29
How do you judge the performance on the straights of the recent upgrades, that you were waiting to see?

I had a quick look at F1-tempo, Ferrari looked very good compared to Red Bull and McLaren, so on that front the upgrades delivered definitely.
It's all good and evened out, even if Ferrari probably had the most compromised traction and early acceleration due to low tyre grip
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

codetower wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 03:44

There's nothing in the 'true fan' rulebook saying you have to be blindly positive. Wishful thinking and prayers from fans dont actually make the car go faster.

Anyways, I dont think it's just low tire grip, the car seems to fundamentally have a slow front end under any kind of real load. The Red Bull also doesn't have the most responsive turn-in but makes up for it with superior downforce and amazing rear grip under acceleration. While the Mclaren has an incredibly pointy front end, while having no real weaknesses anymore.

Bottom line, the Mclaren is clearly the better overall car than the Ferrari. I dont know what more people need to see to understand that. Ferrari does not need to be thinking about any kind of championships right now; problem solving and improving the car should be #1 priority above all else. Because unless things change, Mclaren will overtake Ferrari in the WDC/WCC and be the only ones capable of fighting Red Bull for WCC.

Mercedes improvement is also worrying for Ferrari. Contrary to how people have talked about them, they haven't been that far behind Ferrari/Mclaren for most of the year. That new front wing seems to be working miracles for them.
Last edited by Seanspeed on 09 Jun 2024, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.