2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
19 Jun 2024, 11:45
Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
18 Jun 2024, 13:00

There’s always option C. Nobody is doing anything and RBR is just making noise, and there really isn’t anything for them to catch up with either.
What's the upside in wasting your time on an FIA query if there is no possible outcome that benefits you? You are thinking like a fan, not an F1 team.
Every car has something borderline, even if it’s not the flexi wing, maybe something else will be found or whatever flexi they have will need to be reduced. Furthermore this can build political credit by faking outrage over this perceived unfair rule application.

Red Bull has made plenty of various kinds of noises this year, so any question as to the why is better answered by the team.
So you make up a theory which is irrational on the face of it, and to answer the why behind that theory you refer me to ask the team?
:lol:
This is your theory, you should explain it.

organic

RB have already been making similar noises about rivals' front wings since 2023 anyway. Waché interview from the summer break with french press springs to mind. He talked about mercedes and Aston martin in particular using flexible wings back then more than red bull do

Sergej
Sergej

It's Wednesday and yet no anticipation about the supposed update we should see in two days.

organic

Sergej wrote:
19 Jun 2024, 13:48
It's Wednesday and yet no anticipation about the supposed update we should see in two days.
Dr_obbs talked about how he's heard that the larger update may have been pushed back later in the season, maybe to Silverstone

Definitely intriguing. Has been very light from RB compared to McLaren and Ferrari who have basically iterated on their entire car already

I think we should expect some upgrades but not extensive

venkyhere
venkyhere

Dunlay wrote:
19 Jun 2024, 13:25
If Red Bull can bring half a second upgrade over the field, then he has better prospects.
- asymptotically converging field towards the latter part of a regulation era
- law of diminishing returns

0.5s is impossible mate..

dialtone
dialtone

Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
Cs98 wrote: What's the upside in wasting your time on an FIA query if there is no possible outcome that benefits you? You are thinking like a fan, not an F1 team.
Every car has something borderline, even if it’s not the flexi wing, maybe something else will be found or whatever flexi they have will need to be reduced. Furthermore this can build political credit by faking outrage over this perceived unfair rule application.

Red Bull has made plenty of various kinds of noises this year, so any question as to the why is better answered by the team.
So you make up a theory which is irrational on the face of it, and to answer the why behind that theory you refer me to ask the team?
:lol:
I don’t think I made up anything. A team came forth with accusations to literally every other top team, provided no proof of said issue, but I’m the one that needs to provide proof?

I’m not here to fight anyway so all good, I’ll retire from this subtopic.

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
19 Jun 2024, 15:02
Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

I don’t think I made up anything. A team came forth with accusations to literally every other top team, provided no proof of said issue, but I’m the one that needs to provide proof?

I’m not here to fight anyway so all good, I’ll retire from this subtopic.
You came up with your theory, I simply asked for an explanation of how it makes sense. That's not demanding proof of anything, it's just asking for your reasoning, and you referred me to the team for questions :lol: I just find that very funny.

As for these "accusations", where are they? All I see so far is an ordinary FIA query, and I am sure RB have provided all the "proof" they can in that query to get the clarifications they want.

Sergej
Sergej

DrObbs
From what I’ve been told, the big update to the RB20 is still in the works and will not come in Barcelona. I’m assuming Silverstone is the target. From what I’ve been told, some of the updates will involve modified body features that will be visible to the eye. And before you ask me about zero pods, NO…. Not zero pods. 😂😂
I wonder if we will see some updates tomorrow

organic

Maybe trying to find where they went wrong with kerb riding?
Verstappen completed a secret test day at Imola on Wednesday in the 2022 championship car to closely study the differences with this season's car, both positive and negative.
Major upgrade next month apparently. Maybe aiming for Silverstone
[For Barcelona] Red Bull only changes the car in minor areas and a next major upgrade package for the RB20 is not expected until next month.
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/75005707 ... gn=twitter

Sergej
Sergej

This Wednesday Max drove a (not anymore) secret test with RB18 in Imola to find out differences with RB20 (I guess mostly in terms of suspension and riding); hopefully it helps in understanding the problems of the car.

https://x.com/erikvharen/status/1804018 ... 22308?s=46

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Do the costs for a test like that come out of the budget or not?

Wouter

Sergej wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 08:35
This Wednesday Max drove a (not anymore) secret test with RB18 in Imola to find out differences with RB20 (I guess mostly in terms of suspension and riding); hopefully it helps in understanding the problems of the car.

https://x.com/erikvharen/status/1804018 ... 22308?s=46
Thank you @Serge! The article is behind a paywall, but here you can read it. You have to translate it.

https://archive.is/aN9ID
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Lots of understeer for Max. Tried adjusting flap but now boxed

chrisc90

organic wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 13:49
Lots of understeer for Max
Same for Perez. Throttle mapping or something.

Sergej
Sergej

Max fitted the last free PU, surely penalty incoming, I think in Spa as usual.