2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
venkyhere
venkyhere

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

yooogurt wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 19:46
deadhead wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 19:42
That’s pretty bad if true
Very crucial piece of info. It's been 3 race weekends now, I think - Imola, Canada, Barcelona - Ferrari are always 'under-winging'. Why ? Is it because they are focussed too much on straights ? or are they trying to tackle tyre warmup by reducing downforce levels ? or is this is a case of the floor not providing enough downforce ?
I was optimistic before, and was calling out Tifosi posts which spelt 'doom' over every weekend other than Australia and Monaco, as overreaction. Now I think I might be wrong. The mega update in Imola hasn't brought much, I am starting to think.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Disappointing day for Tifosi- however was there some promise in Fridays long runs to give us hope of a much smaller gap on Sunday?

Lando and Max look very closely matched - could them fighting one another bring in the undercutters like Ferrari and Merc? Both teams have two cars to gang up on Max and Lando and if those two are fighting I still think something is on tomorrow.

Ferrari in general this year has been good with tyres so can only be a good thing in Barcelona.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Mansell89 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 20:16
Disappointing day for Tifosi- however was there some promise in Fridays long runs to give us hope of a much smaller gap on Sunday?

Lando and Max look very closely matched - could them fighting one another bring in the undercutters like Ferrari and Merc? Both teams have two cars to gang up on Max and Lando and if those two are fighting I still think something is on tomorrow.

Ferrari in general this year has been good with tyres so can only be a good thing in Barcelona.
Max had significant tow in his best lap.
McL has been the fastest car since Miami.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Sainz's comments about porpoising should be extremely worrying. It seems to be returning... I fear Ferrari went down a similar path with the Imola and Spain upgrades as they did seasons before, seeking only pure performance, but let's see.

yooogurt

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 20:26
And that's without any upgrade on Barcelona, which was scary for p2 at CC.
FORZA FERRARI!

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

yooogurt wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 20:35
Xyz22 wrote:
Unless a miracle happens, we have no shot at CC if things continue like this. Barcelona is a very representative circuit imo. I don't want to be all doom and gloom but the qualy struggles of the car will kill any chance of finishing ahead of them. The cars on race pace are evenly matched-ish.

Xyz22
Xyz22

yooogurt wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 20:35
Xyz22 wrote:
The only chance to finish P2 in the WCC is a miracle season by both Leclerc and Sainz. We ain't gonna catch McLaren.

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

Wasn't Ferrari in a similiar situation last year? Then after the summer break they find something that made the car work?

Xyz22
Xyz22

Autobahn303 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 20:48
Wasn't Ferrari in a similiar situation last year? Then after the summer break they find something that made the car work?
Last season was a completely different scenario.
Each car (minus the RB19) had very different strengths and weaknesses, which made the performance balance change each weekend. Ferrari improved, but it was still absolutely awful in tracks with "real" corners like Qatar for example. The SF 23 has always been competitive (in quali trim) in tracks with 90 degrees corners, huge braking zones, no medium/long radius corner, etc.

Last year, Ferrari was over 0.5s slower than McL in race trim in tracks with proper corners.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 22 Jun 2024, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Ferrari don’t have any luck either do they?
They’ve built a car to manage degradation which should give them a good advantage in race trim, however can’t seem to turn up at any track at a decent temperature to take advantage of it.
Cold wet track tomorrow will only play into the others hands unfortunately.

deadhead

yooogurt wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 19:46
deadhead wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 19:42
That’s pretty bad if true
ouch.. that's a huge difference.

Based on Sainz's comments regarding the bouncing in fast corners, could it be that they have to set the car's ride height too high, resulting in a loss of downforce? This issue has plagued many teams for several years now.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

It’s like they traded with Mercedes in that regard :)

I really think they went with wrong RW setup, not sure even if they can keep up with a car in front in the last sector so they can easily overtake.

bluechris

They need time guys, to many changes in the car the last races and the damn weather doesn't help them at all, count also the mistake in FP1 where they sacrificed a whole FP for Leclerc, for what?
They need to have faith in their decisions and stick on them if they want to be protagonists in F1.

yooogurt

Carlos: "The situation is what it is. Today's problems remind me of the problems we had in Suzuka and China. Apparently, on tracks of this type, our weaknesses are revealed"
it's possible that our suspension is our weakness on this type of track?
FORZA FERRARI!

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Vinlarr89 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 20:52
Ferrari don’t have any luck either do they?
They’ve built a car to manage degradation which should give them a good advantage in race trim, however can’t seem to turn up at any track at a decent temperature to take advantage of it.
Cold wet track tomorrow will only play into the others hands unfortunately.
This has nothing to do with luck. Ferrari, like in 90% of seasons, just go backwards over the course of the year.

We've gone from the clear 2nd best car to now 4th best car and this is with an accelerated upgrade strategy and it's not even halfway into the season. We'll be fighting to hold 3rd in the WCC by the end of the year.

This is simply what the car is capable of. Not good enough. They're even expecting poor tire life tomorrow on top of this lack of qualifying pace. And these were supposed to be the bigger upgrades of the season. This team is still far away from any championship potential.