2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
quincalla
quincalla

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

He said "ojalá a a partir de Hungría empiece como un nuevo campeonato para nosotros" = "hopefully/I wish from Hungary something like a new championship will start for us", after saying that these three races are going to be tough for them. Y'all are getting worked up over nothing.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

what i think strange and intrigant is Alonso's reactions about AM situation. On every team where he did drive he was impatient and made public critics and express his real feelings, i dont know why but, now he looks so piecefuly, calm and everything looks fine and positive vibes. He gave up?

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Rikrikrik wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 01:54
what i think strange and intrigant is Alonso's reactions about AM situation. On every team where he did drive he was impatient and made public critics and express his real feelings, i dont know why but, now he looks so piecefuly, calm and everything looks fine and positive vibes. He gave up?
because age matters. a person more mature when he is at 40+. He does not have any other options so be silent.

RoadRep
RoadRep

quincalla wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 01:23
He said "ojalá a a partir de Hungría empiece como un nuevo campeonato para nosotros" = "hopefully/I wish from Hungary something like a new championship will start for us", after saying that these three races are going to be tough for them. Y'all are getting worked up over nothing.
https://www.mundodeportivo.com/motor/f1 ... podio.html

“Queremos luchar por podios y queremos acabar el año en el podio. Este año hay mucha competencia arriba y para lograrlo tienes que ganar a muchos de esos equipos para estar en el cajón y ese es el objetivo. Tenemos que pensar en grande".

"Hablar ahora de hacer un podio cuando no entras ni en Q3 parece aventurado pero no estamos ni a mitad de año. Ya vimos con McLaren los saltos que se pueden pegar si consigues hacer las cosas bien. Hoy en Q2 estaba a una décima del 5º así que en una carrera donde traigas un paquete que sean tres o cuatro décimas te puedes poner tercero o cuarto”, expresó confiado.

“El campeonato es largo pero es difícil de decir. El deporte y las carreras son el presente y no puedes esperar a nada más. Así que este domingo toca apretar las dientes como en Austria o en Silverstone. Ojalá llueva en alguna de estas carreras para que se igualen las cosas”, añadió.

=======

“We want to fight for podiums and we want to finish the year on the podium. This year there is a lot of competition at the top and to achieve this you have to beat many of those teams to be in the box and that is the goal. "We have to think big."

"Talking now about making a podium when you don't even get into Q3 seems risky but we are not even halfway through the year. We already saw with McLaren the leaps that can be made if you manage to do things well. Today in Q2 I was a tenth away from 5th So in a race where you bring a package that is three or four tenths, you can place yourself third or fourth,” he expressed confidently.

“The championship is long but it is difficult to say. Sports and racing are the present and you can't wait for anything else. So this Sunday it's time to grit your teeth like in Austria or Silverstone. I hope it rains in one of these races so things can even out,” he added.

RedNEO

KimiRai wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 22:45
Maybe they bring a flexi wing to the Hungarian GP? :lol:
I don’t think he’s talking about an update on track. I think he’s talking about updates off track. New wind tunnel is going to be ready soon and maybe a New personnel hire.

krich
krich

RedNEO wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 08:57
KimiRai wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 22:45
Maybe they bring a flexi wing to the Hungarian GP? :lol:
I don’t think he’s talking about an update on track. I think he’s talking about updates off track. New wind tunnel is going to be ready soon and maybe a New personnel hire.
Tunnel is finished around September, but calibration works lasts months so I doubt we will see anything from it this season.

It could be new personnel (Newey?) or some kind of trick like they did with flexi wing last year is being worked on

I have no doubts AM technical team are great but these cars are sensible to changes
and you get lost easily. Look at Ferrari now! Their upgrades seems to not work as they expected

KimiRai
KimiRai

RoadRep wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 08:20
quincalla wrote:

“Queremos luchar por podios y queremos acabar el año en el podio. Este año hay mucha competencia arriba y para lograrlo tienes que ganar a muchos de esos equipos para estar en el cajón y ese es el objetivo. Tenemos que pensar en grande".

"Hablar ahora de hacer un podio cuando no entras ni en Q3 parece aventurado pero no estamos ni a mitad de año. Ya vimos con McLaren los saltos que se pueden pegar si consigues hacer las cosas bien. Hoy en Q2 estaba a una décima del 5º así que en una carrera donde traigas un paquete que sean tres o cuatro décimas te puedes poner tercero o cuarto”, expresó confiado.

“El campeonato es largo pero es difícil de decir. El deporte y las carreras son el presente y no puedes esperar a nada más. Así que este domingo toca apretar las dientes como en Austria o en Silverstone. Ojalá llueva en alguna de estas carreras para que se igualen las cosas”, añadió.

=======

“We want to fight for podiums and we want to finish the year on the podium. This year there is a lot of competition at the top and to achieve this you have to beat many of those teams to be in the box and that is the goal. "We have to think big."

"Talking now about making a podium when you don't even get into Q3 seems risky but we are not even halfway through the year. We already saw with McLaren the leaps that can be made if you manage to do things well. Today in Q2 I was a tenth away from 5th So in a race where you bring a package that is three or four tenths, you can place yourself third or fourth,” he expressed confidently.

“The championship is long but it is difficult to say. Sports and racing are the present and you can't wait for anything else. So this Sunday it's time to grit your teeth like in Austria or Silverstone. I hope it rains in one of these races so things can even out,” he added.
Bold statements from Alonso here: "we want to finish the year on the podium" Someone else mentioned why he is much more calm than other occasions with different teams in the past. It seems he's really trusting this team to turn it around

max_speed
max_speed

KimiRai wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 11:51
RoadRep wrote:
quincalla wrote:

=======

Bold statements from Alonso here: "we want to finish the year on the podium" Someone else mentioned why he is much more calm than other occasions with different teams in the past. It seems he's really trusting this team to turn it around
Does he has anyother option than to hope that team turn things around. His hope will be wasted. In F1 there no magic, its very easy to spot amateurs from pro's. Team with a history of delivering failed updates should not be trusted at all. I might sound like broken record but there is no magic bullet.
Fire krack and dan else it's Hope that dies last

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

max_speed wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 13:24
KimiRai wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 11:51
RoadRep wrote:

=======

Does he has anyother option than to hope that team turn things around. His hope will be wasted. In F1 there no magic, its very easy to spot amateurs from pro's. Team with a history of delivering failed updates should not be trusted at all. I might sound like broken record but there is no magic bullet.
Fire krack and dan else it's Hope that dies last
How long Ferrari didn't won a tittle or even race in the past? I wouldn't call Ferrari amateur or Mercedes who's car was jumping like a kangaroo. F1 --- up since can't do real test. Is like go to play football,tennis golf box without training lol.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Solid L1 from Lance, mediocre one from Fernando

SSJ4
SSJ4

Does alonso have damage?

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

And now he is dropping behind. Potential problem?

SSJ4
SSJ4

SchuMassa wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 15:05

Not his fault tbh. Idk if he got tagged but piastri messed him up

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

SSJ4 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 15:15
SchuMassa wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 15:05

Not his fault tbh. Idk if he got tagged but piastri messed him up
That doesn't change the fact he lost places, sadly. And he keeps moving backwards. Should just park it and go to the beach until we get some upgrades.

TLof
TLof

Any problems related to dropping places? Looked like he was very slow on the straights. ..