2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
saputra_25
saputra_25

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Another disappoint weekend, we are now used to get 2nd, really sad not converting pole into a win on sunday

Slahinki
Slahinki

If Norris gets through T1 ahead of Russell, that's his win. It's a shame, but the pace is there to win regularly. Hopefully in Austria and Silverstone it swings our way.

BosF1
BosF1

Ground Effect wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:34
Can people be more constructive instead of throwing around insults like they know what they're talking about? Last I checked nobody here has done that job before. It's fine not to agree what the team did and express that, but calling people dumb, drunk and saying they should be fired is beneath the essence of this forum.
Hear, hear!

The team did what it had to do: take the alternative strategy to increase the chance of winning. That we didn't win doesn't mean that the more regular strategy would have gotten us the victory.

chrisgr
chrisgr

Norris looks very fresh. Like he wasnt driving for the last couple hours.

Max and Hamilton are using towels all the time to swipe their sweat. :D
Last edited by chrisgr on 23 Jun 2024, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Darth-Piekus

If you think of it we arent far from gaining more victories. Mclaren said that this is the target for this year. To gain some wins. Next year they are going for the championship.

All we need is to bring the Silverstone upgrade to Austria. There is no other choice.

Tomsky
Tomsky

mwillems wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:35
The car was the fastest today but only in clean air or with a delta. This I'd the key takeaway.
Lando was always on fresher tires, of course he was faster, Max had nowhere to hurry because of the McLaren strategists

Emag
Emag

mwillems wrote:
The car was the fastest today but only in clean air or with a delta. This I'd the key takeaway.
Not at the end. Max had fresh softs whereas Lando had used softs. The pace in the end was real.

Darth-Piekus

Guys be reasonable. Red Bull is still the fastest car even by half a tenth. With a good upgrade that can change. Dont forget the team targets race wins. Not the championship. That is the target for next year.

CjC
CjC

Tomsky wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:44
mwillems wrote:
Lando was always on fresher tires, of course he was faster, Max had nowhere to hurry because of the McLaren strategists
Also look at the lap times at the end of first stint.
Even Max commented on how good Landos tyre deg is.
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

Tomsky wrote:
mwillems wrote:
Eh?

We were faster on older tyres at the end and looked after our tyres much better.

The only time this car struggled was getting past Russell on equal tyres, but Russell was pushing harder and it cost him and us. He'd have done better to look after his tyres and got 3rd
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Lando won't fluff the start every time, if he actually has the fastest car, then by law of averages, he's got to take some opportunities one of these days. Looking forward to Austria, he's usually rapid around there, so with a much better car than he's had in the past, it could be a real good opportunity.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:37
chrisgr wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:37
We took the point for the fastest lap. Norris was very disappointed with the second place. We are a very long way from last year. What worries me is Piastri's pace. I hope it was one off.
Yeah, a shocker by Oscar. Car was comfortably fastest on the hands of Lando but 4th fastest on Oscar.
If he’s not back there with Lando in Silverstone when it’s a cause for concern.
I’m gonna reserve judgement in Austria because Lando has been so good there historically
Just a fan's point of view

Tomsky
Tomsky

mwillems wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:51
Tomsky wrote:
mwillems wrote:
Eh?

We were faster on older tyres at the end and looked after our tyres much better.

The only time this car struggled was getting past Russell on equal tyres, but Russell was pushing harder and it cost him and us. He'd have done better to look after his tyres and got 3rd
Do you really believe that? Max was just controlling the breakaway.

mwillems

I've no doubt it's a one off as he's had a good season, but I'm dissapointed with Oscar today.

He should have been on mediums to stop the those around us controlling pit stops. Keeping their stints longer would have played into our hands.

-Bandit

mwillems

Tomsky wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:54
mwillems wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:51
Tomsky wrote:

Eh?

Do you really believe that? Max was just controlling the breakaway.
I don't think he was controlling anything.

-Bandit