2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Bill wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 10:02
KimiRai wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 09:47
Bill wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 09:44

Alonso did nothing for Honda the moment that Honda was in torro rosso Gasly scored p4 in bahrain and exposed mclaren limitation.he didnt fight for the championship he was yearning for he eventually left f1.Alonso divisive ways have not helped any team.
I remember reading the words of a Honda representative (I forget who exactly) who said that Fernando's words generated a reaction without which they probably could not have recovered.
it just bs .Honda recovered by putting more money on the project because they no longer have to pay mclaren.they also used expertise from other division like bike and aerospace.
Honda recovered cause the FIA changed the regulations that were limiting the changes they could make to the PU and had them locked into some initial bad design decisions.

You know what, "GP2 engine" was not half as bad as being dumped by McLaren, even though it was a mistake by them. McLaren were being given free engines + $100 million a year by Honda to use their engines. They were dumped for Renault that McLaren had to pay $8 million to use. To add insult to injury, RBR didn't trust Honda's abilities and sent them to power their backmarker B-team. Now that is a statement. Nobody talks about that though.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Tbh alonso wasn’t even that bad with honda. Imagine being as good as he was during that period and having an engine that bad. Look at the way hamilton and verstappen Complain about there race winning cars. They would have been way worse if they had to endure that.

Anyways more talk in Spain about being unhappy with Dan fallows. Correlates with wanting cardille. Also talk about Alonso expects to be top 5 in Hungary but idk. Carlos wasn’t that coherent in what he said

krich
krich

SSJ4 wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 15:01
Tbh alonso wasn’t even that bad with honda. Imagine being as good as he was during that period and having an engine that bad. Look at the way hamilton and verstappen Complain about there race winning cars. They would have been way worse if they had to endure that.

Anyways more talk in Spain about being unhappy with Dan fallows. Correlates with wanting cardille. Also talk about Alonso expects to be top 5 in Hungary but idk. Carlos wasn’t that coherent in what he said
Top 5 … miracles

Bill
Bill

diffuser wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 13:09
Bill wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 09:47

I remember reading the words of a Honda representative (I forget who exactly) who said that Fernando's words generated a reaction without which they probably could not have recovered.
it just bs .Honda recovered by putting more money on the project because they no longer have to pay mclaren.they also used expertise from other division like bike and aerospace.
Honda recovered cause the FIA changed the regulations that were limiting the changes they could make to the PU and had them locked into some initial bad design decisions.

You know what, "GP2 engine" was not half as bad as being dumped by McLaren, even though it was a mistake by them. McLaren were being given free engines + $100 million a year by Honda to use their engines. They were dumped for Renault that McLaren had to pay $8 million to use. To add insult to injury, RBR didn't trust Honda's abilities and sent them to power their backmarker B-team. Now that is a statement. Nobody talks about that though.
no need to rewrite history Honda was given concession as early as 2015 as tokens to develop their pu .as for redbull they had contract with renault that had to end in 2018 before they could take the honda.what honda was going through is just part of a development cycle you have to crawl before you can run.in end the end they fix their issues and they are on their way to four championship.mclaren has only two race wins since then.

diffuser

Bill wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 16:42
diffuser wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 13:09
Bill wrote:

no need to rewrite history Honda was given concession as early as 2015 as tokens to develop their pu .as for redbull they had contract with renault that had to end in 2018 before they could take the honda.what honda was going through is just part of a development cycle you have to crawl before you can run.in end the end they fix their issues and they are on their way to four championship.mclaren has only two race wins since then.
I wasn't blaming Honda for what happened. Just pointing out that Alonso’s remarks weren't as embarrassing as some of the other things that occurred.

diffuser

Bill wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 05:24
Alonso did it with Honda and Honda kickstarted their work and now WCC with RB. Some one need to raise the voice else team will be dump for years.

I don't see any issue with Alonso statement. It is genuine statement which we all F1 fans knows about it.
Alonso did nothing for Honda the moment that Honda was in torro rosso Gasly scored p4 in bahrain and exposed mclaren limitation.he didnt fight for the championship he was yearning for he eventually left f1.Alonso divisive ways have not helped any team.
The year Honda went into STR, the FIA removed the PU restrictions for that year. Honda completely redesigned the PU. That wasn't the GP2 PU. That is why they DNF'd 50% of the races that year. With all the McLaren chassis issues, McLaren still finished with double the points that STR finished with. STR finish 9th of 11 teams that year. Sure people were quaking in their boots from that PU.

Nikosar
Nikosar

According to the Spanish program Partidazocope, Aston Martin is reportedly displeased with Dan Fallow

Carlos Miquel reported " Fernando says, if I'm not n the top 5 in Hungary, this can't continue"

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 21:32
According to the Spanish program Partidazocope, Aston Martin is reportedly displeased with Dan Fallow

Carlos Miquel reported " Fernando says, if I'm not n the top 5 in Hungary, this can't continue"
Not surprising.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Some say Krack & Alonso are displeased with Fallows. To be fair you wouldn't have multiple rumours of Binotto, Cardile and Newey at the same time being approached if all was fine in the technical department

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

diffuser wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 19:51
Bill wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 05:24
Alonso did it with Honda and Honda kickstarted their work and now WCC with RB. Some one need to raise the voice else team will be dump for years.

I don't see any issue with Alonso statement. It is genuine statement which we all F1 fans knows about it.
The year Honda went into STR, the FIA removed the PU restrictions for that year. Honda completely redesigned the PU. That wasn't the GP2 PU. That is why they DNF'd 50% of the races that year. With all the McLaren chassis issues, McLaren still finished with double the points that STR finished with. STR finish 9th of 11 teams that year. Sure people were quaking in their boots from that PU.
Not accurate, the token system was last used for the 2016 season, meaning that from the 2017 season and onwards, teams were allowed a free hand on their engine design and upgrades. Honda completely changed the engine design for 2017, adopting the Mercedes layout, which was used used in the MCL32. Honda switched to STR for the 2018 season, which was their second year of working without the token restrictions.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

KimiRai
KimiRai

I hope Fallows doesn't leave with a possibly reduced role after Cardile arrives. He might not have proven to be a great leader on his own but surely he can still be very useful in the team.

There needs to be a clear improvement in the near future and imo I wish that improvement doesn't come due to a flexible wing or similar trick. Newey obviously would be a massive plus but these things need to happen first

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 00:59
diffuser wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 19:51
Bill wrote:

Not accurate, the token system was last used for the 2016 season, meaning that from the 2017 season and onwards, teams were allowed a free hand on their engine design and upgrades. Honda completely changed the engine design for 2017, adopting the Mercedes layout, which was used used in the MCL32. Honda switched to STR for the 2018 season, which was their second year of working without the token restrictions.
Ok, I was off by a year. They still had a ton of DNFs in 2018. Was that the year they had to get Honda aeroplane division, or something like that, to create a more balance spindle in the MGU-H so it wouldn't snap?

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 01:26
I hope Fallows doesn't leave with a possibly reduced role after Cardile arrives. He might not have proven to be a great leader on his own but surely he can still be very useful in the team.

There needs to be a clear improvement in the near future and imo I wish that improvement doesn't come due to a flexible wing or similar trick. Newey obviously would be a massive plus but these things need to happen first
Agreed. With Otmar, they broke up the work with Krack. They could make him a CTO, where he'll oversee Fallows work.
Last edited by diffuser on 26 Jun 2024, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckjr

Neweys appearance at Aston looks like a last ditch effort from Stroll to land him. I’d gather Stroll has feelers out and has an idea what Ferrari has offered, and likely would exceed that amount significantly — keys to the Aston aero kingdom most likely. Aston Martin is local for Newey—no need to set up shop in Italy. Obviously, he could design more supercars with them. I’m sure the new Aston facility is exceptional, and their wind tunnel would be the latest and greatest of everything, and it’s ready to go in months, not years out. I remember an article posted about the new facility here at F1 tech (can’t remember what thread) quite a while ago when they were just underway, and they had set up the engineering section to be very close to the wind tunnel itself, and they had arranged the engineering offices to encourage eye to eye, quick communication between departments to lessen email comms and encourage eye to eye comms. The place had an intentioned team atmosphere in its structure — design cues obviously Newey would like. It will be interesting to see where Newey ultimately goes.
Watching F1 since 1986.

diffuser

Chuckjr wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 02:31
Neweys appearance at Aston looks like a last ditch effort from Stroll to land him. I’d gather Stroll has feelers out and has an idea what Ferrari has offered, and likely would exceed that amount significantly — keys to the Aston aero kingdom most likely. Aston Martin is local for Newey—no need to set up shop in Italy. Obviously, he could design more supercars with them. I’m sure the new Aston facility is exceptional, and their wind tunnel would be the latest and greatest of everything, and it’s ready to go in months, not years out. I remember an article posted about the new facility here at F1 tech (can’t remember what thread) quite a while ago when they were just underway, and they had set up the engineering section to be very close to the wind tunnel itself, and they had arranged the engineering offices to encourage eye to eye, quick communication between departments to lessen email comms and encourage eye to eye comms. The place had an intentioned team atmosphere in its structure — design cues obviously Newey would like. It will be interesting to see where Newey ultimately goes.
The tunnel is in the 3ird building, farthest right. Design iand manufacturing is in building #1, which is furthest to the left. The middle building is like a gym, cafeteria and I think the simulator. The buildings are all connected. What you're probably thinking is the car model design and creation is next to the tunnel in that 3ird building.