2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LetHimTrough
LetHimTrough

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

If the increased Load caused bouncing, probably giving the upgrades to Sainz for FP1, a driver than even with the Sf-75 complained about the bouncing, end up being an Error. Charles mentioned on Saturday that the car was much better than Friday, even congratulated the engineers.

So we can imagine if he had the Upgrade for Fp1, by Fp2 he would be already working in a better Setup to deal with the bouncing. Mclaren also had some bouncing, so like people said if it is the "correct bouncing" should not create any issues.

Vanja #66

venkyhere wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 12:56
I have observed this 'under-winging' compared to McL/RB, but I don't think it was only for Barcelona, I think it's been the case over many races.

What exactly do you think the issue is ? Is the Ferrari floor tunnel roof lower than the other lead teams ? (asking because after an entire season and a half, heard the drivers talking about 'bouncing' in Barcelona). The amount of throttle lift through T14 was way more than any of the other three top teams.

I thought towards end of 2023 the Ferrari floor was beautifully working.
Puzzling.
Replied in Car Comparison thread :)

https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewt ... 8#p1225268

r85 wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 13:13
Gravel traps were added to the last 2 turns to avoid track limits drama. Do you think this will encourage teams to reduce the ride height as the drivers will be more conservative with curbs?

https://x.com/GrzJazienicki/status/1805542874139779500
Depends on inside curbs as well, but I think all drivers will still attack those corners to the limit. RB Ring is not a bumpy track, but it has a lot of altitude changes in several tight corners and like Spa this requires higher (rear) ride height to avoid wearing the plank
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Austria is going to be a massive DRS train.

The DRS is insanely powerful in that track. You have 3 DRS zones with almost no corners where dirty air is an issue. You could keep up with a car faster by 0.5s per lap thanks to DRS.

deadhead

Xyz22 wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 15:16
Austria is going to be a massive DRS train.

The DRS is insanely powerful in that track. You have 3 DRS zones with almost no corners where dirty air is an issue. You could keep up with a car faster by 0.5s per lap thanks to DRS.
Even more reason to qualify well.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Formu1a uno reported in today stream that Ferrari is making a new chassis for 2025.

jambuka
jambuka

Now that it is established sf-24 is extremely conservative with tires. Why doesn't team go on full quali setup and see how they perform in race ? Worst cast they will ace qualy and fall behind sunday.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Xyz22 wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 23:45
Formu1a uno reported in today stream that Ferrari is making a new chassis for 2025.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but formu1a uno has reported this for quite some time.

Additionally, they added that Cardile's departure was a consequence of the growing influence Serra will have. They mentioned internally, it is said Newey to Ferrari is done and all that remains is the official signature.

Back to car related things, they also said that the upgrades are working, they have gained 2 tenths to Red Bull(makes sense, the gap seemed to be 3 tenths to start the year). The issue is that no package has come that fixes the deficiencies of the car. There is a lot more potential they can't unlock yet(also said that the Spain setup wasn't optimized).

Xyz22
Xyz22

SoulPancake13 wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 00:38
Xyz22 wrote:

Additionally, they added that Cardile's departure was a consequence of the growing influence Serra will have. They mentioned internally, it is said Newey to Ferrari is done and all that remains is the official signature.

Back to car related things, they also said that the upgrades are working, they have gained 2 tenths to Red Bull(makes sense, the gap seemed to be 3 tenths to start the year). The issue is that no package has come that fixes the deficiencies of the car. There is a lot more potential they can't unlock yet(also said that the Spain setup wasn't optimized).
No this is the first time.

The first one to report a new chassis for 2025 was Nugnes hilariously

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Xyz22 wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

Lmao... the guy is right every once in a while tbf. I remember he was the first to speak about the Austria upgrades

Anyways, interested to see how Austria goes for us. On paper I think we should be up there. A setup that allows us to go low w little bouncing will be crucial. Optimizing the Spain floor could put us ahead of the RB20 on pace.
Last edited by SoulPancake13 on 26 Jun 2024, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

scuderiabrandon

Xyz22 wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

The boy who cried wolf...

Xyz22
Xyz22

scuderiabrandon wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 00:43
Xyz22 wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:

Nugnes also added that they will change the front suspension. Will he be right? :D

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10616756/

deadhead

Xyz22 wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 00:48
scuderiabrandon wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 00:43
Xyz22 wrote:

Nugnes also added that they will change the front suspension. Will he be right? :D

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10616756/
If that truly is the limiting factor in the qualifying and overall setup, it's unlikely that the car will reach its full potential this year.

deadhead

Sainz’s behavior on Sunday is likely one of the many reasons he is being let go and also why not a single top team seems keen to deal with him despite his driving skills.

ScuderiaLeo

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 02:18
The drivers make their choices about race management on the track. That's what makes each driver unique. With Sainz and Leclerc you get to play both types of strategies and it's not a given which strategy is best. Sainz should not have to be trapped behind Leclerc if Leclerc doesn't want to push.
Ferrari told the drivers to manage their tires before the race. This argument would only make sense if their strategies were an actual free for all, but of course Ferrari, like all teams, decided on a general strategy before according to the track, their car, and so forth. Sainz didn't follow it, Leclerc did, and it frustrated Leclerc that Sainz changed his strategy at his potential expense, which I think is a logical reason to be upset.

Additionally, Leclerc said he didn't care about being overtaken, he was only upset at the manner at which Sainz did it. Leclerc has not been one to commonly complain about Sainz overtaking him in the past unless it was in a questionable manner, so I believe that he wouldn't have cared if not for the fact they got too close.
AR3-GP wrote:
No one appreciated Sainz for following team orders later in the race to let Leclerc past in his home race [...]
The reason why Sainz had to let Leclerc pass is because Sainz had awful pace and had no chance of catching Russell ahead. That late in the race, the strategies are more dynamic and keeping Leclerc behind in the last dozen laps would make no sense for the team's success. As a fan of the team more than either driver, I appreciate that he moved aside; I don't appreciate his solo fans acting like he did something remarkably generous.
AR3-GP wrote:
Sainz is immediately attacked.
You have not been on most other social media sites, where Leclerc is being dragged from here to Hell. You only need to check Leclerc's Instagram comments to see that Sainz is not the one being attacked by the public.
AR3-GP wrote:
Vasseur should be more pro-active about letting the drivers not get in each others way. For the time being, Sainz prefers to attack the starts, so let him go. Don't pin him up behind Leclerc who wants to go slowly all the time and do 80 laps on soft tires. There's not just "Leclerc's way or the highway". There are other race strategies.
I'm sure they'll consider this for future races given what happened. However, this was not the proposed strategy for Barcelona. What he "should" do is not what they had planned.

Moving on from this: I'm worried about the weather in Austria this weekend. A damp and probably chilly track is going to be a struggle, should the current forecast be accurate. They're going to really need to hustle during FP1 since it's a sprint weekend. It does seem like the aerodynamic upgrades worked, or at least they didn't actually bring the car backwards, but the bouncing seems to be becoming a bigger issue with every passing race, or at least the drivers are noting it as a prominent issue.

Also, very interesting that Uno reiterated a verbal agreement with Newey has been made and Maranello is expecting him to sign a contract. It's been a few weeks since the last relevant "Newey to Ferrari" rumors so I'm surprised it's being doubled down on once more.

jambuka
jambuka

How many races they are going to take to optimize upgrades and understand the car ? They have been saying it for the past 3 races now. They better not give that reason for Austria and Silverstone. What is the point of upgrade if you can’t use it effectively ?