2024 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 28 - 30

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jurgen von Diaz

Re: 2024 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 28 - 30

Dunlay wrote:
Dee wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 20:09
PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 18:35
I think that was Max Verstappen. The cars are equal now.

I didn't really care to see where Perez finished, if he even made Q3? I have no clue. This guy did not deserve a contract based on his driving alone. There is something deeper to this, even more than commercial reasons. This about two things... keeping Max happy and kissing corporate azz!
I think that with Red Bull investing hundreds of millions into RB powertrains, the shareholders are not happy just to win races, they need to sell cans and merchandise. And America is their next big playing field hence Ford coming on board and Checo staying.

If RB had done what Mateschitz and Marko wanted, sell 50% to Porche and let them take half of the cost, we wouldn't be in this position now.
Perez deal appears dark and confusing. One thing is for sure, it's all Horner. But why, we can a guess a hundred things.
That's why:
https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-i-t ... ian-horner

"I think he not only has my support, but I think the entire team is behind him": Sergio Perez comes out in support of Red Bull boss Christian Horner

Max didn't provide any support. On the contrary, he said Jos isn't a liar who fired shots at Horner.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 08:42
Dunlay wrote:
Dee wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 20:09

I think that with Red Bull investing hundreds of millions into RB powertrains, the shareholders are not happy just to win races, they need to sell cans and merchandise. And America is their next big playing field hence Ford coming on board and Checo staying.

If RB had done what Mateschitz and Marko wanted, sell 50% to Porche and let them take half of the cost, we wouldn't be in this position now.
Perez deal appears dark and confusing. One thing is for sure, it's all Horner. But why, we can a guess a hundred things.
That's why:

"I think he not only has my support, but I think the entire team is behind him": Sergio Perez comes out in support of Red Bull boss Christian Horner

Max didn't provide any support. On the contrary, he said Jos isn't a liar who fired shots at Horner.
Max is torn between Red Bull and his father. So it's understandable why he couldn't take a clear stand.

On another note, I don't understand why Jos is allowed in Red Bull garage as was seen yesterday. He is the poison Horner doesn't need anywhere near Red Bull team. The team won't heal if Jos anywhere around.

Jurgen von Diaz

Dunlay wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Dunlay wrote: Perez deal appears dark and confusing. One thing is for sure, it's all Horner. But why, we can a guess a hundred things.
That's why:

Max is torn between Red Bull and his father. So it's understandable why he couldn't take a clear stand.

On another note, I don't understand why Jos is allowed in Red Bull garage as was seen yesterday. He is the poison Horner doesn't need anywhere near Red Bull team. The team won't heal if Jos anywhere around.
Jos is there because Max is driving for them. Remember what happened when Horner was about to kick Marko out? Max stood up and said, "Marko stays," and that was it.

Well, there is speculation that Newey did leave the team because of Horner and the way they treated the woman who accused Horner. I don't believe Newey would leave in the middle of his contract because of Jos Verstappen, who isn't even on the company payroll. Horner is slowly degrading the team, and it's only a matter of time before Max leaves when Red Bull's advantage ends. Horner wanted Pérez's contract, and that even compromises the WCC.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Sergej wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 21:55
surely RB will save a new medium for the race

strange choice to save one more hard instead of medium
Used M for sprint doesn't make sense.
I think Redbull plans to go into the race with S-H-H by using new M for sprints, and using used softs for Q1 and Q2 first runs. Might prove to be a huge gamble that can make them win by a big margin or sink like a stone.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 09:09
Dunlay wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

That's why:

Jos is there because Max is driving for them. Remember what happened when Horner was about to kick Marko out? Max stood up and said, "Marko stays," and that was it.

Well, there is speculation that Newey did leave the team because of Horner and the way they treated the woman who accused Horner. I don't believe Newey would leave in the middle of his contract because of Jos Verstappen, who isn't even on the company payroll. Horner is slowly degrading the team, and it's only a matter of time before Max leaves when Red Bull's advantage ends. Horner wanted Pérez's contract, and that even compromises the WCC.
I dont see Lewis' father lurking around Mercedes and making senseless comments. I don't see Sainz Sr. making fuss about Ferrari. It just shows what's wrong with Jos. Just a man with little brain.

Rumors or reason of Newey leaving by "reputed journalists". Isn't it. Is that why Newey in his farewell note thanked Horner and not Marko? He continues to be regular on team pitwall sitting next to Horner despite quitting. Shows how much Newey dislikes "his business partner" Horner. :D

Jurgen von Diaz

Dunlay wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Dunlay wrote:Max is torn between Red Bull and his father. So it's understandable why he couldn't take a clear stand.

I dont see Lewis' father lurking around Mercedes and making senseless comments. I don't see Sainz Sr. making fuss about Ferrari. It just shows what's wrong with Jos. Just a man with little brain.

Rumors or reason of Newey leaving by "reputed journalists". Isn't it. Is that why Newey in his farewell note thanked Horner and not Marko? He continues to be regular on team pitwall sitting next to Horner despite quitting. Shows how much Newey dislikes "his business partner" Horner. :D
Jos isn't the brains, but to think some random guy can ruin an organization shows its foundations are quite thin. After the death of Mateschitz, power struggles started, and Horner isn't innocent regarding why things are as they are at the moment. Some say Horner tried to take over the team with investors.

Sergej
Sergej

venkyhere wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 09:33
Sergej wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 21:55
surely RB will save a new medium for the race

strange choice to save one more hard instead of medium
Used M for sprint doesn't make sense.
I think Redbull plans to go into the race with S-H-H by using new M for sprints, and using used softs for Q1 and Q2 first runs. Might prove to be a huge gamble that can make them win by a big margin or sink like a stone.
probably I'll be proved wrong, but S-H-H seems a grandma strategy to me, last year Max did M-M-H-M(-S for the final lap)

McLaren will surely base their strategy on medium tyres, I don't think that spending most of the race on hard tyres will pay dividends against them.

organic

The soft isn't a race tyre here in these track conditions (40C track temp)

M-H-H or M-H-M in the race and a used medium in the sprint seems logical to me

Sergej
Sergej

are RedBull able to do only 2 stops tomorrow ?

organic

Sergej wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 10:26
are RedBull able to do only 2 stops tomorrow ?
They can do a final stint on a used medium if they wanted to, but unless they start the sprint on a hard tyre, they won't be able to repeat their M-M-H-M strategy from 2023

Watto
Watto

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 09:51
Dunlay wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

Jos isn't the brains, but to think some random guy can ruin an organization shows its foundations are quite thin. After the death of Mateschitz, power struggles started, and Horner isn't innocent regarding why things are as they are at the moment. Some say Horner tried to take over the team with investors.
I don’t put it past Horner doing what Jos is saying, but talking to reporters about it achieves nothing other that putting the spotlight in Max Sainz Sr and Lewis dad might behind the scenes have a word in the ear about it if it was an issue, but not constantly every time he feels like it. I also doubt Mercedes in particular would tolerate it as much as RB have I’d they criticised Toto in public like that - even if it had some merit.

organic

Sergej
Sergej

as expected used medium for most drivers

Jurgen von Diaz

Watto wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 09:51
Dunlay wrote:I dont see Lewis' father lurking around Mercedes and making senseless comments. I don't see Sainz Sr. making fuss about Ferrari. It just shows what's wrong with Jos. Just a man with little brain.

I don’t put it past Horner doing what Jos is saying, but talking to reporters about it achieves nothing other that putting the spotlight in Max Sainz Sr and Lewis dad might behind the scenes have a word in the ear about it if it was an issue, but not constantly every time he feels like it. I also doubt Mercedes in particular would tolerate it as much as RB have I’d they criticised Toto in public like that - even if it had some merit.
I think Red Bull has no choice. They depend on Max, so they have to tolerate Jos too. We already saw how much Max pulls strings when it comes to his family and Helmut.

DGP123
DGP123

Norris mistakes