2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Darth-Piekus wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:53
Luscion wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:52
Darth-Piekus wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:50
I dont think anything will change. F1 is a farse as they are judging with clear bias towards teams. If you are Ferrari, Red Bull or Mercedes you can get away with whatever you like to do. You can even bang your opponent out of frustration or drive unnecessarily slow and get away with it. But god forbid if you drive a Mclaren. That papaya colour drives them crazy.
All of the lap times deleted for track limits were done by AI
Then clearly they should have people checking them. AI can only decide on code but the human factor can see things AI cant.
The blue line is intended to divide the white line demarcating track limits from the exit kerb in order to create a more striking visual difference. Those corners of concern have also been loaded up with cameras.

Beginning in Abu Dhabi last year, the FIA has been training artificial intelligence to review images and video clips of cars potentially exceeding track limits in these critical areas. AI should then be able to determine whether or not a vehicle actually exceeded track limits.

As a result, stewards and race directors should only have to worry about the infractions that are questionable or too close for AI to call.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/explained ... ack-limits

venkyhere
venkyhere

Luscion wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:21
What got his lap time deleted

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRQHIUEWAAE ... me=900x900
I dont know why people in this thread are doubting or why the protest fiasco by Mclaren is happening, if the excuse is "image is not conclusive". There might be other reasons why McLaren is protesting.

Because clearly, any human with IQ around 100 or any basic AI bot with image processing ability, should be able to spot that track limit is clearly breached.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 18:49
LionsHeart wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 18:47
mwillems wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 18:44

I don't think so, if you compare SQ3 times to Q3 times, we've stood still. How does that make sense on a track that has just been rubbered in with a sprint race?

I suppose it could be temperatures and perhaps Zak was wrong to suggest that the car is agnostic with temps now.
The same can be said for sprint race. High temperatures could have a negative impact on grip.
Look at sprint Qualy to full Qualy, almost everyone gained a good chunk of time, except for us. So perhaps we just nailed the setup earlier and the sprint flattered us? Could be that, or a poor setup, or a race setup. But I think the prospects of winning look bleak. I'm sure we'll get something from the team to talk about it.
I think McLaren didn't improve because of the hotter conditions today. The temperature of the asphalt plays a big role, even if the surface is now covered with rubber.

mwillems

venkyhere wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 20:00
Luscion wrote:

I dont know why people in this thread are doubting or why the protest fiasco by Mclaren is happening, if the excuse is "image is not conclusive". There might be other reasons why McLaren is protesting.

Because clearly, any human with IQ around 100 or any basic AI bot with image processing ability, should be able to spot that track limit is clearly breached.

https://i.imgur.com/ym80L0I.png
Because it has been well documented in many sports that judging curvature and line overhang from a distance and a sideways angle is patchy.

And apparently Stella and other leaders of Mclaren have an IQ of less than a hundred 🤣

If they doubt it then I feel fine about my thoughts too.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

I look at these three tables and come to the following conclusion:
McLaren's tyre wear is high. Not least because of the high temperatures. Tomorrow's main race should be a little easier. I think the team decided to add a little downforce to improve grip and reduce sliding. Compared to yesterday, both McLaren cars lost a little in top speed.

chrisc90

Theres a even better shot of the one above showing Oscar further over the line.

chrisc90

thestig84
thestig84

Add me to the IQ of less than a hundred too! Strange though as even with my low IQ I can see many flaws in drawing a perfectly square yellow box on curved object, an angled photo with perspective not considered

mwillems

chrisc90 wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 20:21
Theres a even better shot of the one above showing Oscar further over the line.
That's what I want to see. My only question is if they have other angles because they shouldn't be judging from the ones we can see.

-Bandit

venkyhere
venkyhere

mwillems wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 20:17
venkyhere wrote:
Luscion wrote:

Because it has been well documented in many sports that judging curvature and line overhang from a distance and a sideways angle is patchy.

And apparently Stella and other leaders of Mclaren have an IQ of less than a hundred 🤣

Please check the bold text that was already present in my post.
Please stop knee-jerking as soon as you glimpse instead of actually reading fully.
thestig84 wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 20:22
Add me to the IQ of less than a hundred too! Strange though as even with my low IQ I can see many flaws in drawing a perfectly square yellow box on curved object, an angled photo with perspective not considered
The yellow box is much bigger than the tyre. Stop being in denial.
Track limit was breached.
McLaren protest might be on the grounds of 'why imposing track limit when there is gravel to slow the car down anyway, we didn't gain from the breach'. There is no other logical explanation.
Last edited by venkyhere on 29 Jun 2024, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

organic

To me the angles so far are not quite 100% conclusive that he's out.

There have been situations in the past when everyone was 100% convinced of a track limit violation until a certain replay could be shown

Luscion
Luscion

organic wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 20:39
To me the angles so far are not quite 100% conclusive that he's out.

There have been situations in the past when everyone was 100% convinced of a track limit violation until a certain replay could be shown
Yea i dont think they'd lodge a complaint just for the hell of it, theres most likely images or video that convinces them he was in

mwillems

venkyhere wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 20:35
mwillems wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 20:17
venkyhere wrote:

Please check the bold text that was already present in my post.
Please stop knee-jerking as soon as you glimpse instead of actually reading fully.
thestig84 wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 20:22
The yellow box is much bigger than the tyre. Stop being in denial.
Track limit was breached.
McLaren protest might be on the grounds of 'why imposing track limit when there is gravel to slow the car down anyway, we didn't gain from the breach'. There is no other logical explanation.
I read fully. I think it isn't clear from those images and since I don't think that you start making remarks about my sub 100 IQ.

Here's why it is not clear. This is the same ball and point in time from different angles.

This is clearly out.

Except it was just on the line.

And that's why I think it is a joke that this sport can't get it's act together. It may be out, but I doubt they can tell fully from those angles. If they are going to have zones to check for infractions, they should put suitable camera into position like they do in some football matches.

Since all 4 wheels have to be out, I'm also yet to see an image of the rear left. Those are the rules. All four tyres out. I'm more frustrated at the p*ss poor way they are making the decisions if this is all the imagery there is.

-Bandit

mwillems

-Bandit

Emag
Emag

venkyhere wrote:
Luscion wrote:

:lol:

New iq test dropped boys