2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jambuka
jambuka

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

yooogurt wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:19
Xyz22 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:09
Yeah, Leclerc was struggling a lot when the rain started, but it was still enough to stay close to P7 (P6 without George). This is why Leclerc didn't oppose firmly to this strategic call.

With Perez was just a massive gamble.
Perez was massively slower than Leclerc in all conditions, minus a few laps with inters because he changed them later. He was super, super slow.
But still, we do not consider RB strategists fools, that they did not see the rain and decided to dress him in inters? Post factum, yes, that decision was bad, but it's strange that two top teams make such a mistake, it doesn't look like a simple mistake to me.
The point is when PER switched to Inters he was already out of points. Worst case he would remain p16 or become p20(still out of points), best case it would rain more and he would gain places. Charles was p7, worst case he LOSES points, best case he gains a few places(which was doubtful anyways). The risk reward was much harsher for LEC. No one is saying RB strategists are fools, PER sacrifice was worth it. LEC was just a bad call. If you think RB was so convinced it would rain heavily why didn't they bring Max in and switch to inters ? . They were clearly testing it out with perez with a gamble.
Last edited by jambuka on 07 Jul 2024, 21:35, edited 3 times in total.

yooogurt

Xyz22 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:22
It was just a pure gamble by RB on Perez (his race was already over) which also allowed them to gather data for Max.
The same could be said for Ferrari after they saw a huge drop in pace from Charles, no?
Well and I thought you were more objective, well what kind of data collection when three pilots have already put on inters, you don't need to sacrifice your pilot in this case to understand whether inters works or not.
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:29
The three other drivers were ZHO, OCO and PER. Yeah ferrari should start following Alpine & Sauber strategy i guess.
HUH? It was Zho, Ocon and Leclerc.
Charles came to a pit stop on the same lap as Perez, but earlier.
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

Oops sorry, my mistake, Ocon and Zhou came in on the same lap, but still RB saw that Charles went to pit, and could have gathered info on him.
FORZA FERRARI!

jambuka
jambuka

yooogurt wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:38
Oops sorry, my mistake, Ocon and Zhou came in on the same lap, but still RB saw that Charles went to pit, and could have gathered info on him.
If RB was convinced about inters and had all the data why didn't they bring Max in as well ? Max was p5 and was already overtaken by Norris and Piastri and not catching them. Imo because they didn't want to take that gamble, perez was already out of points so it was worth putting him on and see where it goes.

yooogurt

jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:41
If RB was convinced about inters and had all the data why didn't they bring Max in as well ? Max was p5 and was already overtaken by Norris and Piastri and not catching them. Imo because they didn't want to take that gamble, perez was already out of points so it was worth putting him on and see where it goes.
No one was sure, it was a risk, just like Ferrari didn't move Carlos along with Charle too.
FORZA FERRARI!

jambuka
jambuka

yooogurt wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:43
jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:41
No one was sure, it was a risk, just like Ferrari didn't move Carlos along with Charle too.
Exactly, it was a gamble. With Perez Red Bull didn't lose anything, only opened up possibility of gaining. With Charles, Ferrari opened up possibility of losing points, which they did.

Xyz22
Xyz22

yooogurt wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:32
Xyz22 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:22
It was just a pure gamble by RB on Perez (his race was already over) which also allowed them to gather data for Max.
The same could be said for Ferrari after they saw a huge drop in pace from Charles, no?
Well and I thought you were more objective, well what kind of data collection when three pilots have already put on inters, you don't need to sacrifice your pilot in this case to understand whether inters works or not.
No because Leclerc was P7 which was the best possible result today for him.

yooogurt

jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:45
Exactly, it was a gamble. With Perez Red Bull didn't lose anything, only opened up possibility of gaining. With Charles, Ferrari opened up possibility of losing points, which they did.
My point is that RBs wouldn't take a risk on Perez if there was no chance of rain. Its no point to make im lose even more, with two-thirds of the race still to go.
FORZA FERRARI!

codetower

yooogurt wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 20:58
jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 20:50
Perez started from pit lane. Leclerc started P11. It was worth for perez to take the gamble. Lec was p7 when he pitted and perez was p16. None of the the p1-p6 or p8-p15 pitted. it was a stupid call, whoever is to blame.
Of course it was a wrong call, but when at exactly the same moment the same mistake is made by the team that everyone puts in the standards of tactics, maybe not everything is so clear?
Perez’ was tactical, im sure. They put the inters on him to see whether/when they should put them on VER.

Xyz22
Xyz22

yooogurt wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:55
jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:45
My point is that RBs wouldn't take a risk on Perez if there was no chance of rain. Its no point to make im lose even more, with two-thirds of the race still to go.
Mate, there is always the probability of the weather changing immediately compared to predictions. By pitting Perez they covered this scenario, while gathering data for Max, AND THEY HAD NOTHING TO LOSE (OUT OF THE POINTS + AWFUL PACE EVEN COMPARED TO AM). The call made absolutely perfect sense in this SPECIFIC CASE.

yooogurt

Xyz22 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 21:58
Mate, there is always the probability of the weather changing immediately compared to predictions. By pitting Perez they covered this scenario, while gathering data for Max, AND THEY HAD NOTHING TO LOSE (OUT OF THE POINTS + AWFUL PACE EVEN COMPARED TO AM). The call made absolutely perfect sense in this SPECIFIC CASE.
But Charles has nothing to lose either. These few points would not solve anything in the current situation.
Is the option to win more positions if rain was there? I think so.
And I don't believe that RB don't care so much about CC that they will use Perez to test for Max, especially when they see that already Charles is wearing inters and it is possible to collect information on him.
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

yooogurt wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 22:06
Xyz22 wrote:
But Charles has nothing to lose either. These few points would not solve anything in the current situation.
And I don't believe that RB don't care so much about CC that they will use Perez to test for Max, especially when they see that already Charles is wearing inters and it is possible to collect information on him.
What? 8 points are a lot for Ferrari and Leclerc right now. That's the current reality of the situation.

codetower

yooogurt wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:
6-8 points is big right now. Hes now 21 points behind norris, only 4 points ahead of Carlos. I doubt those 8 points he potentially lost out on are “nothing” to him.

jambuka
jambuka

Xyz22 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 22:10
yooogurt wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:
What? 8 points are a lot for Ferrari and Leclerc right now. That's the current reality of the situation.
Exactly, 8 points is a lot. Hell they even went for fastest lap for 1 point for Sainz.