2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Aston Martin has a Flexible front wing now, so... Its time to ban...https://x.com/Nachez98/status/1813974110994899100

Luscion
Luscion

Rikrikrik wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 18:39
Aston Martin has a Flexible front wing now, so... Its time to ban...https://x.com/Nachez98/status/1813974110994899100
While the FIA does not anticipate the need for revised load tests right now, if its analysis of the front wings from Belgium shows that teams are pushing the boundaries of what should be allowed, then the door could be open for a change in how it is policed./quote]

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia- ... /10635870/

The way thats worded it doesnt seem like they 100% believe teams are going overboard with the flexing but doing a test to make sure

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

-wkst- wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 14:54
Press conference:

(To ALO) What do you expect from the updates:

points in both races, top 4 are too far away

Furthermore he once again said that it is hard with this car to be in the right window.

@onecritical
just have a closer look...
That "inlet" looks like a shadow to me.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Guys, can't you see that underneath there is the continuous line of the frame? But do we really need to discuss this shadow any longer?

KimiRai
KimiRai

:lol:

RacePaceDemon

I think communication between track and factory needs to be improved. They start the year decent and fall back. A discrepancy between the errors reported by the track crew and what's being done at the factory?

If this and or the next upgrade fail, I think Aston will need to look at their processes and decide if they need a technical restructure (firing fallows basically) or changing communication methods. I hate football style manager revolving door methods so I hope they look at their processes before firing people. Because who knows, they bring in a new technical team and the same issues arise. I think this is where newey would help if he joined. He could ensure effective communication between technical departments and between track and factory staff. That would probably bring bigger gains and efficiency then changing bits of the car without confidence.

But I could be eating my words after an Aston 1-2 on Saturday :D
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

zoroastar

Rikrikrik wrote:
why dont they just STFU about it? these idiots could care less how biased and useless their decisions make them look haha. why dont they just worry about 2026, like they said they were doing, until a few of their less favorite teams decide to take advantage of their inability to rule properly. its ridiculous that they leak this as soon as aston gets a flexible wing, and didnt start until aston was doing too good in 2023. i mean, im not one for conspiracies but if they are going to stuff it down my throat like that.

abhi1200
abhi1200

zoroastar wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 05:40
Rikrikrik wrote:
why dont they just STFU about it? these idiots could care less how biased and useless their decisions make them look haha. why dont they just worry about 2026, like they said they were doing, until a few of their less favorite teams decide to take advantage of their inability to rule properly. its ridiculous that they leak this as soon as aston gets a flexible wing, and didnt start until aston was doing too good in 2023. i mean, im not one for conspiracies but if they are going to stuff it down my throat like that.
its a conspiracy not just against Aston but specially Fernando.....almost whole season of 2024 pass they didnt find issue with it as soon aston start to gaining they start whole new investigation into? I think FIA is full of manipulative body. if they hate somebody they will go to the extend and make sure to change rules in between or thats is not enough then they will change tyre almost after half season passed even the penalty applied on aston compare with other for almost identical issue is more stringent on aston then other due to fernando open criticized the FIA.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Lots of changes

peewon

abhi1200 wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 10:21
zoroastar wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:
its a conspiracy not just against Aston but specially Fernando.....almost whole season of 2024 pass they didnt find issue with it as soon aston start to gaining they start whole new investigation into? I think FIA is full of manipulative body. if they hate somebody they will go to the extend and make sure to change rules in between or thats is not enough then they will change tyre almost after half season passed even the penalty applied on aston compare with other for almost identical issue is more stringent on aston then other due to fernando open criticized the FIA.
The FIA is in Mercedes' pocket. I found it very strange that there was an entire news cycle targeting Ben Sulayem for some very mild quotes on a personal website from 20+ years ago. Then it comes out that stewards were gonna penalize Alonso for the penalty stop in Jeddah until Ben Sulayem blocked it and it all made sense.

Then Sussie Wolff went on a crusade, enabled by the media, against the FIA (targeting Sulayem) for simply saying "we'll look into it" for the conflict if interest report against her role with the FIA in a tabloid. She didnt target the tabloid for some reason which published the report. If anybody was at fault, it was the tabloid. FIA were asked about it by journalists so they said "we'll look into it" and dismissed the inquiry in two days.

Toto's aide and Mercedes legal advisor, Shaila Ann Rao was working with the FIA. Toto magically knows who is going to get punished for cost cap violations before its made public. Horner even made statements about how this was possible but of course it was all buried under the "cheating" news stories in the media.

For many seasons now, Mercedes is the only team which has been allowed to exploit "loopholes" in the regulations with "pre approvals" from the FIA. AM tootsie roll rear wing was perfectly legal but banned mid season. Mercedes FW slot gap separators, still legal. Mirror stays that don't support the mirror but cause dirty air, legal.

FIA raised the ride height just because Mercedes couldn't get it right completely undermining their own regulations and making racing worse. Their drivers never get penalties. I remember in Brazil'22, even Martin Brundle was convinced Hamilton was at fault for the incident with Verstappen and Croft was trying to convince everyone it was a racing incident. Neither thought it was Verstappen's fault. They gave the penalty to Verstappen and the commentators were speechless as to how to justify it.

Hamilton had 7-8 collisions in '22. He got no penalties AFAIR and definitely no penalty points. Even when he ruined Alonso's race in Belgium, he got no penalty points. Meanwhile Alonso lightly lifts in a corner, makes no contact and gets 3 points and 20 second penalty. Something I cant recall ever seeing in the last 5-6 seasons. Means FIA is saying that was the worse action they have seen in many years. George Russell literally barged into the side of Piastri in Japan and got no penalty.

The Flexi wing fiasco is just the latest in the long list of evidence of clear bias.

RacePaceDemon

peewon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 11:23
abhi1200 wrote:
zoroastar wrote:

The FIA is in Mercedes' pocket. I found it very strange that there was an entire news cycle targeting Ben Sulayem for some very mild quotes on a personal website from 20+ years ago. Then it comes out that stewards were gonna penalize Alonso for the penalty stop in Jeddah until Ben Sulayem blocked it and it all made sense.

Then Sussie Wolff went on a crusade, enabled by the media, against the FIA (targeting Sulayem) for simply saying "we'll look into it" for the conflict if interest report against her role with the FIA in a tabloid. She didnt target the tabloid for some reason which published the report. If anybody was at fault, it was the tabloid. FIA were asked about it by journalists so they said "we'll look into it" and dismissed the inquiry in two days.

Toto's aide and Mercedes legal advisor, Shaila Ann Rao was working with the FIA. Toto magically knows who is going to get punished for cost cap violations before its made public. Horner even made statements about how this was possible but of course it was all buried under the "cheating" news stories in the media.

For many seasons now, Mercedes is the only team which has been allowed to exploit "loopholes" in the regulations with "pre approvals" from the FIA. AM tootsie roll rear wing was perfectly legal but banned mid season. Mercedes FW slot gap separators, still legal. Mirror stays that don't support the mirror but cause dirty air, legal.

FIA raised the ride height just because Mercedes couldn't get it right completely undermining their own regulations and making racing worse. Their drivers never get penalties. I remember in Brazil'22, even Martin Brundle was convinced Hamilton was at fault for the incident with Verstappen and Croft was trying to convince everyone it was a racing incident. Neither thought it was Verstappen's fault. They gave the penalty to Verstappen and the commentators were speechless as to how to justify it.

Hamilton had 7-8 collisions in '22. He got no penalties AFAIR and definitely no penalty points. Even when he ruined Alonso's race in Belgium, he got no penalty points. Meanwhile Alonso lightly lifts in a corner, makes no contact and gets 3 points and 20 second penalty. Something I cant recall ever seeing in the last 5-6 seasons. Means FIA is saying that was the worse action they have seen in many years. George Russell literally barged into the side of Piastri in Japan and got no penalty.

The Flexi wing fiasco is just the latest in the long list of evidence of clear bias.
I think if any of this had any weight Mercedes would have started winning a lot earlier. Let's not fill this site up with baseless conspiracies :wink:
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

FerdiFuchs
FerdiFuchs

The understeer is so bad on the onboard

peewon

RacePaceDemon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 11:30
peewon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 11:23
abhi1200 wrote:

I think if any of this had any weight Mercedes would have started winning a lot earlier. Let's not fill this site up with baseless conspiracies :wink:
They won for 8 years in a row, 2nd or 3rd best for 3 seasons now and more or less back to race winning pace again. If their lack of success is your argument against the theory, then thats more baseless than all those things I listed as being purely coincidental. Even pro wrestling doesn't have the good guy winning all the time.

Nikosar
Nikosar

On the radio the engineer asked Alonso what he thought of the current balance, and Alonso replied “good luck”

K1Plus
K1Plus

Nikosar wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 14:12
On the radio the engineer asked Alonso what he thought of the current balance, and Alonso replied “good luck”
Imagine if this backfires and they go to the back of the grid with Sauber. Heads are gonna roll in the team surely.