2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
peewon

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

RacePaceDemon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 14:27
peewon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 14:00
RacePaceDemon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 11:30

I think if any of this had any weight Mercedes would have started winning a lot earlier. Let's not fill this site up with baseless conspiracies :wink:
They won for 8 years in a row, 2nd or 3rd best for 3 seasons now and more or less back to race winning pace again. If their lack of success is your argument against the theory, then thats more baseless than all those things I listed as being purely coincidental. Even pro wrestling doesn't have the good guy winning all the time.
Well a lot of your examples were based on post 22 regs so I don't see the winning for 8 years relevance here. And remember, after Ferrari were busted with their illegal engine, it was all dealt with behind closed doors. A bit more suspicious if you ask me. And it's red bull who have likely instigated this investigation into flexi wings.

I'm happy to listen to theories on this but I don't think you really have any solid evidence to back your claims. Only a whistleblower would have any validity.
I've laid out number of clear examples of favouritism. All of them cannot be simply a product of chance. And Like I said, they can't have them winning every year. And even in the new regs, the ride height directive is as clear an example of favouritism as there can be. Only one team on the grid wanted it.

I think most people are uncomfortable with corruption and therefore conspiracies because it's easier to digest the world as fair and merit based.

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 19:42
Good read. It's interesting that he thinks the car had the DF just the car doesn't give the drivers confidence to push.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/07/ ... p-updates/
Its interesting that now the talk seems to be about making the car predictable and consistent, and for drivers to be confident in the car. Back then it used to be about searching downforce and more downforce (which destroyed the balance). Maybe they've learned the lesson.
Last edited by KimiRai on 19 Jul 2024, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

RacePaceDemon

peewon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 19:52
RacePaceDemon wrote:
peewon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 14:00

They won for 8 years in a row, 2nd or 3rd best for 3 seasons now and more or less back to race winning pace again. If their lack of success is your argument against the theory, then thats more baseless than all those things I listed as being purely coincidental. Even pro wrestling doesn't have the good guy winning all the time.
Well a lot of your examples were based on post 22 regs so I don't see the winning for 8 years relevance here. And remember, after Ferrari were busted with their illegal engine, it was all dealt with behind closed doors. A bit more suspicious if you ask me. And it's red bull who have likely instigated this investigation into flexi wings.

I'm happy to listen to theories on this but I don't think you really have any solid evidence to back your claims. Only a whistleblower would have any validity.
I've laid out number of clear examples of favouritism. All of them cannot be simply a product of chance. And Like I said, they can't have them winning every year. And even in the new regs, the ride height directive is as clear an example of favouritism as there can be. Only one team on the grid wanted it.

I think most people are uncomfortable with corruption and therefore conspiracies because it's easier to digest the world as fair and merit based.
The ride height TD was done to limit the porpoising issue that drivers had been complaining about and also to stop flexi floor cheating (the bigger conspiracy)

Here are some articles where non Mercedes drivers complain about the bouncing which the TD aimed to help:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61809406.amp - Bottas

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68491352 - The WORLD CHAMPION CAR DRIVER Verstappen

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/magnu ... p/9364542/ - Kevin Magnussen

https://racingnews365.com/gasly-reveals ... er-in-2022 - Gasly

As you can see many other drivers seemed to agree with the technical directive. I'll be awaiting some proof for your conspiracies :wink:
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

This situation is quite stressful, we haven't been able to find the key to the problem for 1 year

FNTC
FNTC

If these upgrades don't work, I have a feeling that Krack and/or Fallows are getting the axe from Lawrence... So frustrating watching this team put on new bits all the time with minimal gains...

SSJ4
SSJ4

I was thinking that. But getting rid of fallows before 2026 regs would be naive move imo

PinkFloydPulse

Would it really be naive? If this so called recovery fails, what's the point of him staying at AM and not getting canned? He obviously was a one trick pony and that's it...
Team Fernando!

diffuser

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 22:59
Would it really be naive? If this so called recovery fails, what's the point of him staying at AM and not getting canned? He obviously was a one trick pony and that's it...
I doudt anything like that happens if these upgrades don't work.

Upgrades, not working are rarely black and white. They already have Cardile coming as CTO. I presume, the expectation would be that Fallows would get help from in figuring it out when he arrives.
Last edited by diffuser on 20 Jul 2024, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I think we expect so much from the Team after last year and we expect they fight to win every upgrade they bring and every wekend we are disapointed, but, honestly, they said these upgrade doesnt improve time, just put the car on the right way to de development and go away some weakenesses, so, i dont no what think, looks the same excuses and feelings than every they release upgrades. "we need undertand these pieces" " we are...." " we know what is wrong..." But, they said " we expect points, so, we need wait and see if they will be P9 and P10, if AM will be the 5 team, will be "good". Maybe overheat and understeer goes away or a lite bit its a good sinal, but, i dont know, they looks "ohh mclaren made that, we need try, ohh we failed" " nice, mercedes tried that, if we try...oh failed"

zoroastar

RacePaceDemon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 20:14
peewon wrote:
RacePaceDemon wrote:

The ride height TD was done to limit the porpoising issue that drivers had been complaining about and also to stop flexi floor cheating (the bigger conspiracy)

Here are some articles where non Mercedes drivers complain about the bouncing which the TD aimed to help:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68491352 - The WORLD CHAMPION CAR DRIVER Verstappen

As you can see many other drivers seemed to agree with the technical directive. I'll be awaiting some proof for your conspiracies :wink:
touchè. i do seem to remember that mercedes had the most visible problems with the porpoising though. hamilton even going as far as injuring his back because of it (that alone leaves little chance that the FIA wasnt going to be forced to do something about it). and mercedes definitely lead the charge in that TD, because of their inability at the time, to figure it out. "conspiracy" is a dirty word that some people use to make others seem stupid, but they do happen. the inability for somebody to realize that, is just about as naive as a person that believes in ALL conspiracies haha.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 19:53
diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 19:42
Good read. It's interesting that he thinks the car had the DF just the car doesn't give the drivers confidence to push.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/07/ ... p-updates/
Its interesting that now the talk seems to be about making the car predictable and consistent, and for drivers to be confident in the car. Back then it used to be about searching downforce and more downforce (which destroyed the balance). Maybe they've learned the lesson.
You maybe right...I'm leaning more to, they already knew that the car needs to be drivable and somehow it's wasn't. They didn't plan to make it hard to drive, it just happened.

Looking at Alonso's data...I can see he's not carrying enough speed in the corners, that's where he's losing all his time. He's very competitive in acceration. I suspect they'll put more DF on the car tomorrow if they can or lower it.
Last edited by diffuser on 20 Jul 2024, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Rikrikrik wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 00:27
I think we expect so much from the Team after last year and we expect they fight to win every upgrade they bring and every wekend we are disapointed, but, honestly, they said these upgrade doesnt improve time, just put the car on the right way to de development and go away some weakenesses, so, i dont no what think, looks the same excuses and feelings than every they release upgrades. "we need undertand these pieces" " we are...." " we know what is wrong..." But, they said " we expect points, so, we need wait and see if they will be P9 and P10, if AM will be the 5 team, will be "good". Maybe overheat and understeer goes away or a lite bit its a good sinal, but, i dont know, they looks "ohh mclaren made that, we need try, ohh we failed" " nice, mercedes tried that, if we try...oh failed"
You made me laugh, you summarized everything in a simply truthful way🤣

krich
krich

A Spanish journalist says that Alonso made the comment to his engineer in FP1 due to the front wing, and that they fitted another one for FP2.

I don't give it much credibility, though.

RacePaceDemon

zoroastar wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 01:18
RacePaceDemon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 20:14
peewon wrote:

touchè. i do seem to remember that mercedes had the most visible problems with the porpoising though. hamilton even going as far as injuring his back because of it (that alone leaves little chance that the FIA wasnt going to be forced to do something about it). and mercedes definitely lead the charge in that TD, because of their inability at the time, to figure it out. "conspiracy" is a dirty word that some people use to make others seem stupid, but they do happen. the inability for somebody to realize that, is just about as naive as a person that believes in ALL conspiracies haha.
In another conversation I would agree about the word conspiracy but that guy was slinging mud at Mercedes for simply doing a decent job in past years so thought I'd chill out with the niceties :lol:
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

RacePaceDemon

Hopefully Aston sorts itself out this session. The more at the front the merrier!