2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dia6olo
dia6olo

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 13:59
deadhead wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 13:56
Xyz22 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 13:34

Agreed.

Also, i think Leclerc realized after Spain that the season was done. He seems he has given up.
Yes, Barcelona, like always, showed how things stand currently. I really wish they would start doing winter testing there again

As far as LEC I agree but still being so far off the pace is not normal and his attitude isn’t really exemplary if that is indeed the reason behind his performance.
To me, his body language is quite clear. He just doesn't care anymore. He tries to push to overcome the issues of the car and that's it.

He is completely done. He thought he was going to fight for the WDC with the Spain upgrades, but the car became slower instead of faster which means the season was over.

7 years of his career completely wasted. Only 6 wins, which is embarrassing for a driver of his talent. A complete disaster
Totally agree!
Not all drivers are the same, while on some level most drivers will believe they are good enough to win a championship, the truth is there are likely only 2/3/4 who deep down TRULY believe they are good enough, I feel Leclerc is one of those that truly believes and who is now simply fed up with never having the tools with which to try and make it happen.

For me he feels let down and is in the what's the point phase.
I understand some will argue that no matter the tools/car a driver should always maximise the possible result, but I also understand why a frustrated driver like Leclerc wouldn't, some drivers are just different and expect more, assuming he's truly fed up, for me he's not the only driver with a "what's the point" trait, I feel Hamilton himself has exhibited that exact same trait over the past nearly 3 years because of a car that wasn't good enough.

deadhead

CaribouBread wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 15:04
Quite funny how much the car gets upset on the kerb Leclerc went off on yesterday.

The car seems to be upset just by being driven fast around a track…

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

deadhead wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 15:21
CaribouBread wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 15:04
Quite funny how much the car gets upset on the kerb Leclerc went off on yesterday.

The car seems to be upset just by being driven fast around a track…
Exactly my thought

JPower
JPower

Rain incoming.

deadhead

dia6olo wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 15:10
Xyz22 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 13:59
deadhead wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 13:56

Yes, Barcelona, like always, showed how things stand currently. I really wish they would start doing winter testing there again

As far as LEC I agree but still being so far off the pace is not normal and his attitude isn’t really exemplary if that is indeed the reason behind his performance.
To me, his body language is quite clear. He just doesn't care anymore. He tries to push to overcome the issues of the car and that's it.

He is completely done. He thought he was going to fight for the WDC with the Spain upgrades, but the car became slower instead of faster which means the season was over.

7 years of his career completely wasted. Only 6 wins, which is embarrassing for a driver of his talent. A complete disaster
Totally agree!
Not all drivers are the same, while on some level most drivers will believe they are good enough to win a championship, the truth is there are likely only 2/3/4 who deep down TRULY believe they are good enough, I feel Leclerc is one of those that truly believes and who is now simply fed up with never having the tools with which to try and make it happen.

For me he feels let down and is in the what's the point phase.
I understand some will argue that no matter the tools/car a driver should always maximise the possible result, but I also understand why a frustrated driver like Leclerc wouldn't, some drivers are just different and expect more, assuming he's truly fed up, for me he's not the only driver with a "what's the point" trait, I feel Hamilton himself has exhibited that exact same trait over the past nearly 3 years because of a car that wasn't good enough.
True about Hamilton he has been in that mode for the last 3 years almost but now having those two “sensitive” boys in the team next year will be very… entertaining.

JPower
JPower

JPower wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 15:24
Rain incoming.
Apparently too wet for slicks right now. This is going to be a shitshow. :lol:

ScuderiaLeo

Everything going on right now is setup for this weekend to be another disasterclass.

A few weeks ago someone here said that when Sainz outperforms Leclerc in FP, it generally means Ferrari doesn't do that well over the entire weekend either. Historically, this has been a strong trend, but I hope they prove me wrong.

I think it's inevitable that Leclerc will get frustrated with the team. It's happened to some extent with pretty much every talented Ferrari driver in the past 2 decades. They feel like the team isn't supporting them, whether it's through logistics, development, or management. The difference is I don't see Leclerc leaving still. As bad as it is, it's nowhere near how disappointing 2022 was, and he didn't leave then. And right now more than ever there's a feeling of "next year" because of all the changes being made. If Leclerc cuts his contract somehow, it won't be until 2026.

JPower
JPower

The excuses you all are making for what is supposed to be a generational talent and star driver are embarrassing at best.

Hamilton lacking some motivation after winning 7 titles/100+ races and having to fight for the occasional podium? Sure OK, I can see that. Leclerc isn't in that boat.
Last edited by JPower on 20 Jul 2024, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

ScuderiaLeo

Still raining 10 minutes before qualifying.

JPower wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 15:42
The excuses you all are making for what is supposed to be a generational talent and star driver are embarrassing at best.

Hamilton lacking some motivation after winning 7 titles/100+ races and having to fight for the occasional podium? Sure OK, I can see that. Leclerc isn't in that boat.
I don't see how pointing out Leclerc is probably frustrated with the team and it's affecting his ability to perform is an excuse. It's not inherently justifying him doing poorly, it's just speculating why he's underperforming compared to the previous races.

Now, if it was phrased like "Of course Leclerc is going to do badly when the team lets him down blah blah blah..." that would be an excuse.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 20 Jul 2024, 15:50, edited 2 times in total.

MachineCo.
MachineCo.

Whether the car is bad or the mood is down, a driver still needs to drive. If your top driver isn't outperforming your second driver just because he's fed up, then there is a real problem with the driver and within the team. Your star driver needs to be the star driver regardless of where the car sits in the pecking order.
Saying that, I don't believe Leclerc has given up. He's frustrated for sure, but I think he still wants the wins and at the least to beat his team mate.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

JPower wrote:

You’re comparing apple to oranges here at best.

JPower
JPower

IntrinsicVoid wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 15:50
JPower wrote:

You’re comparing apple to oranges here at best.
I'm not. The example of Hamilton's frustration being similar to Leclerc's was being made above. I can understand Hamilton having trouble adjusting after over a decade of sustained success.

I don't understand "giving up" halfway through a season because your car isn't in a good place at the moment.

catent

JPower wrote:

So you can understand a rationale for Hamilton’s apathy, despondency, frustration … but any attempt to explain why Leclerc may feel similarly is “embarrassing at best”, simply because Leclerc is a less experienced/accomplished racer?

That’s a rather problematic perspective, imo. As another poster correctly pointed out, the respective situations are apples-to-oranges.

JPower
JPower

catent wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 15:57
JPower wrote:

So you can understand a rationale for Hamilton’s apathy, despondency, frustration … but any attempt to explain why Leclerc may feel similarly is “embarrassing at best”, simply because Leclerc is a less experienced/accomplished racer?

That’s a rather problematic perspective, imo.
I don't think so at all. I think giving up in the middle of a season with 12 races to go is the problematic perspective.

Regardless, I think its projection. Leclerc isn't giving up. He's just driving badly. He'll be back eventually.

ScuderiaLeo

JPower wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 16:00
I don't think so at all. I think giving up in the middle of a season with 12 races to go is the problematic perspective.

Regardless, I think its projection. Leclerc isn't giving up. He's just driving badly. He'll be back eventually.
Leclerc hasn't given up and any time anyone says a top F1 driver has "given up" just because they're having a string of bad races is being silly.

There's a massive difference between underperforming because they're being mentally weighed down and they're exposing their weaknesses, and actually giving up.