2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 20:41
diffuser wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:29
Rikrikrik wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:17
We need wait for tomorrow, The race pace looks terrible.

Thing about FP2, Race pace is taken before they make all the big overnight setup changes. So when you have new parts, you need to take those times with a grain of salt. Plus this track is notoriously difficult to pass on.
When you make new parts you test in the wind tunnel,in the simulation and in the simulator. If you still can't make it work is a big problem. Look at Redbull, bought upgrades and they made it work ,as Marko said.
Not sure what that has to do with what I said. I just pointed out that the tire deg measured in FP2 was done prior to the overnight data analysis and subsequent setup changes. They may not be too accurate.

Otromundo

Rikrikrik wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:57
Sherrinford wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:48
Nikosar wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:55

Target with the updates is to score points in this race and the next one. Another update should come in September.
What goal would that be, excuse me? They were in the points at Silverstone, they needed to increase
Silverstone was "cold" and hungary is a track similiar to Barcelona and Austria to de Aston problems and they should had the similiar performance and Alonso said they didnt have the same problems today and the car is more agressive and stable during the curves, its a huge improvement, Aston are suffering A LOT in middle of the curve until now. They was solid fifth team today, we wait for tomorrow. They looks in the right way, more upgrades coming soon. The better news was. SOLID Q3 and Stroll cooked too.
Yes, I totally agree.

At the beginning of the season I thought that Monaco was the main objective along with having a good car to qualify well and come out ahead. Because later came several similar European circuits in terms of the difficulty of overtaking. And I still partly believe that. But they didn't succeed and McL and MB woke up while AM ​​got lost again. And they remain lost despite today's promising details.

I also agree with some comments that mention the curious almost sudden decline of RB, the spectacular performance of the McLs... the now famous flexible front wings... and the FIA. I'm not a conspiracy theorist... but almost too curious things happen.

I hope that tomorrow we will have a better race pace. And that both drivers make a good start. I'm very happy with Lance, by the way. I think he's a good partner for Fernando. And please, if everything goes relatively well there should be no strategy errors either...
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

quincalla
quincalla

If I'm not mistaken tomorrow they'll only have one set of mediums and another of hards. Not sure if they have any new softs either or if they used them all during qualy. Could be tough for them considering this should be a two-stopper and the top 4 teams should all have 2H-1M or vice versa.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

quincalla wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 23:37
If I'm not mistaken tomorrow they'll only have one set of mediums and another of hards. Not sure if they have any new softs either or if they used them all during qualy. Could be tough for them considering this should be a two-stopper and the top 4 teams should all have 2H-1M or vice versa.
They proprably have 1 new hard, 1 new medium and another hard, but with a few laps from FP1

diffuser

quincalla wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 23:37
Always hard to tell with AMR. They always put 1 lap on all there tires they keep for the race.

I can see in FP3, both Stroll and Alonso did 1 lap on new Mediums then went back into the garage. Came back out on new hards and did 1 lap, went back to the garage. Came back out on new Mediums and used that 3ird set of mediums for many laps. They put softs on near the end of FP3. So it was done on purpose.

My guess is they're expecting the softs to handle the high heat at the beginning of the race better. The other thing is the undercut is powerful in hungry. Mediums could blister early on with all the fuel and high heat in the track.

I'm sure they have softs with one or 2 laps only on them..

Some weather sites say there is also 47% chance of rain during the race.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Rikrikrik wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:57
Sherrinford wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:48
Nikosar wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:55

Target with the updates is to score points in this race and the next one. Another update should come in September.
What goal would that be, excuse me? They were in the points at Silverstone, they needed to increase
Silverstone was "cold" and hungary is a track similiar to Barcelona and Austria to de Aston problems and they should had the similiar performance and Alonso said they didnt have the same problems today and the car is more agressive and stable during the curves, its a huge improvement, Aston are suffering A LOT in middle of the curve until now. They was solid fifth team today, we wait for tomorrow. They looks in the right way, more upgrades coming soon. The better news was. SOLID Q3 and Stroll cooked too.
Look, since the beginning of the season they are the team that brought the most updates and they had a gap in qualifying of around 4 tenths. It started to decline from Miami and then Imola... Barcelona and Austria you can't consider them because they had the Imola parts, but at Silverstone they brought the Suzuka parts and the car took back what it had before. So much so that silverstone was supposed to on paper be difficult given the long curves (more than Hungaroring). I was honestly optimistic because the flexible wing already at Silverstone had made the car more stable. From these updates I expected that the gap would shorten and the race pace would improve. The first one didn't go well (mathematics is not an opinion) the gap in qualifying has increased, if the race pace is problematic, so it means that no progress is being made in my opinion.

zoroastar

could you imagine the drama if alonso would have gotten out of his car and not attempted a final q3 run like max did today? haha even if he only had used tires. even if the team suggested it, there would have been a circus of clowns in here. followed by a bunch of aston fans claiming that alonso was going leave the team burning in his wake.

KimiRai
KimiRai

De la Rosa was asked on the bad long run pace from FP2 and he couldn't really comment on it but he implied that that was before some important setup changes happened to the car overnight which fixed the balance, so it might not be representative. Lets see

abhi1200
abhi1200

As per alonso interview with f1 he is saying new part are working and this track was difficult on paper but new part work so they qualify p7.
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/alons ... 4041787085

Ashwinv16

KimiRai wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 06:41
De la Rosa was asked on the bad long run pace from FP2 and he couldn't really comment on it but he implied that that was before some important setup changes happened to the car overnight which fixed the balance, so it might not be representative. Lets see
However like Silverstone Alonso set 1:25 with zero tyre deg. The upgrades are making the car faster in the race. I am confident p5 and p6 is possible.
Halo not as bad as we thought

KimiRai
KimiRai

Ashwinv16 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 07:48
KimiRai wrote:
However like Silverstone Alonso set 1:25 with zero tyre deg. The upgrades are making the car faster in the race. I am confident p5 and p6 is possible.
I'm not that optimistic :) It would be enough if they keep the RBs at bay

It seems the sky is cloudy at the moment which should help.
Last edited by KimiRai on 21 Jul 2024, 09:35, edited 3 times in total.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Ashwinv16 wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
That’s absolutely unrealistic. I would rather say they should look to reduce the gap to the top 4 a bit in race pace and be faster than the other 5 teams.

Both drivers have just 1 set of mediums and hards available. Every soft set was used at least for 1 flyer, so no soft set with less than 3 laps.

KimiRai
KimiRai

@-wkst-'s favourite account shares more information :wink:

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 09:28
Ashwinv16 wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
I'm not that optimistic :) It would be enough if they keep the RBs at bay

It seems the sky is cloudy at the moment which should help.
With how difficult it is to pass in Hungry, it's not gonna make that much of a difference. As long as they get off the line clean, Alonso will be able to keep other teams behind.

-wkst-
-wkst-

KimiRai wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 09:39
@-wkst-'s favourite account shares more information :wink:

What a coincidence that this is more or less what Lobato already posted on Friday, before the action even started. =D>

The goal is obviously to get a nicer car to drive, balanced, stable df, that will help with tyre wear in the race, which can be potentially a lot of lap time.

It would all make sense what Miquel posted. Establish a solid basis now with the corrections of failed updates. If it correlates, performance updates in September. Therefore this corrections are so important. Question is: Do they finally understand the car (to build on it), or not.