2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Fair words tbh.

Sergej
Sergej

Tomorrow will be hotter right ?

ispano6

P3 isn't a bad position to start from for Hungary so long as p1 and p2 don't clammer into each other and go wide.

f1isgood
f1isgood

Juzh wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 22:11
I think Max's rhetoric is going overboard and I dont quite understand what he intends to achieve with these statements. Ok, yes, mclaren is faster and another update hasnt delivered, but now you have to take the car and drive its wheels off. It's called racing. He cant expect a 2023 like year to happen every year, maybe he still hasn't adjusted to the new reality.
He's saying he's just being honest and whatnot, but these comments are not helpful to anyone.
I think it's simple frustration. The car is not competitive enough to win on merit, and even worse: they seem to not make progress forwards. It is basically unclear if Red Bull became slower or McLaren simply became quicker or a mix of both.

Add to this the entire saga to start this year, a potential downturn in form combined with unwarranted drama leads to frustration and such comments.

Paa

I fon't really get the negativity. Yes, McLaren has the best pace for quite some time now, but Max still managed to get by far the most points, even since Miami. It is a big enough sample size to say that they still have the best overall package. Pace is just one element of that.

If Max is frustrated, imagine how Norris feels, having won only 1 race out of those 7 or 8 when he had a capable car.

To be fair, it is not impossible that Max will finish the year with even higher point advantage, than today, while having a slightly slower car.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Juzh wrote:
I think Max's rhetoric is going overboard and I dont quite understand what he intends to achieve with these statements. Ok, yes, mclaren is faster and another update hasnt delivered, but now you have to take the car and drive its wheels off. It's called racing. He cant expect a 2023 like year to happen every year, maybe he still hasn't adjusted to the new reality.
He's saying he's just being honest and whatnot, but these comments are not helpful to anyone.
Seems really getting out of control.

aleshondas
aleshondas

Maybe he was talking about Perez to and that he is not delivering......if we have Perez q3 today we can have a pole position with little towing help

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 04:03
Juzh wrote:

Those are just the re-hashed words from de Telegraaf newspaper article. I think a lot of it gets lost in translation, however:

He’s a competitive animal that hates losing. We know this….cough….
I still think he lets emotions rule his thinking too much. Honesty is a Dutch trait but has to be grounded in reality. Criticising everything and sundry is only going to upset people that work day and night for him.

Yes clearly the upgrades haven’t brought as much as hoped and I guess he can see the writing on the wall if other teams kick on from here (Merc notably). If both McLaren and Merc start getting their noses ahead then potentially it becomes a hard season. But that’s still realistically not where they are and others made the point of VER still out scoring all.

Even though I’m not a Max fan, I hope he’s better at man management than just openly burning people down. It’s not the way you get the best out of a team

Dunlay
Dunlay

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 05:23
Dunlay wrote:
Juzh wrote:

Those are just the re-hashed words from de Telegraaf newspaper article. I think a lot of it gets lost in translation, however:

I still think he lets emotions rule his thinking too much. Honesty is a Dutch trait but has to be grounded in reality. Criticising everything and sundry is only going to upset people that work day and night for him.

Yes clearly the upgrades haven’t brought as much as hoped and I guess he can see the writing on the wall if other teams kick on from here (Merc notably). If both McLaren and Merc start getting their noses ahead then potentially it becomes a hard season. But that’s still realistically not where they are and others made the point of VER still out scoring all.

Even though I’m not a Max fan, I hope he’s better at man management than just openly burning people down. It’s not the way you get the best out of a team
He is winning because of team. No reason to throw public criticism at them. He wont be a competitive animal without the team.

Watto
Watto

Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 06:44
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

He is winning because of team. No reason to throw public criticism at them. He wont be a competitive animal without the team.
I think you also need to know how Max conducts himself behind closed doors with the team. Context matters a lot if internally be is burning them because things are starting to get hard, then its an issue. But if there is a 2 way element to it all its not. LIke Max and JP on team radio, sure JP can often look like hes bearing the brunt of Max's frustration JP can fire back when he needs too.

Sergej
Sergej

The amount of time lost in the chicane is insane, they absolutely need to solve this kerb riding problem once and for all this winter, this alone will unlock A LOT of laptime for the 2025 car.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Watto wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 07:54
Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 06:44
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

I think you also need to know how Max conducts himself behind closed doors with the team. Context matters a lot if internally be is burning them because things are starting to get hard, then its an issue. But if there is a 2 way element to it all its not. LIke Max and JP on team radio, sure JP can often look like hes bearing the brunt of Max's frustration JP can fire back when he needs too.
I really don't think I have to know what he does behind the scenes, unless they broadcast it regularly. I am just an audience and as such, my only tool is whatever info publicly available.

Nothing justifies ranting in public against team, regardless of what his frustration is. Lewis also did that a few times. It only demotivates the team. They would be working their ass off day in day out to build that car. He should know it better than anyone else. If he thinks his public criticism is going to help the matters, he need to learn some lessons.

This is the problem with most drivers. Everything is hunky dory if driver is cruising, but if the driver is now required to put the hard yards as the competition has caught up, then start throwing toys out of pram.

Max was lucky to have had great cars for 2.5 years that would be giving him 3 championships. Nobody was expected to dominate in these regulations, but Red Bull did and now competition is catching up. It's time to get together, help each other and be patient.

organic

Sergej wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 08:48
The amount of time lost in the chicane is insane, they absolutely need to solve this kerb riding problem once and for all this winter, this alone will unlock A LOT of laptime for the 2025 car.
Yeah it's crazy. Max gains 3 tenths to lando in s1 and loses it all by the end of the chicane. McLaren currently have an insanely quick car but a lot of that is because of the mechanical limitations of the rb20 tbh

chrisc90

Id rather the time in S1 than where you cant overtake in S2.

Sergej
Sergej

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 10:01
Id rather the time in S1 than where you cant overtake in S2.
yeah but if they push you out of DRS zone in S2 you won't overtake in S1 next lap

anyway, things in race will be different, kerb riding ability should make less difference, but also S1 supremacy can swing between the two cars