2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RacePaceDemon

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

A few people have said it. But it's rubbish, it's just the others have caught up and McLaren surpassed them. Coincidentally or not when Newey left. Wonder if he had a hand in setting up the car as well. But as AR3-GP pointed out, the suspension is probably a downgrade as the VCARB tyre wear was epic. Did newey bail when he realised he delivered a turd :lol:
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

GrizzleBoy wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 22:38
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 22:05
The team is in shambles. David Couthard literally says "Hamilton was definitely optimistic with the turn in" And yet Max's pit wall doesn't back him up at all.

The team backed him up completely even when they made themselves look like idiots in doing so in the aftermath of the Austrian GP.

In this race the team struggled with strategy which rarely ever happens (he usually benefits from their superior operational qualities) and made a mistake of their own and Max trashed them like they meant nothing to him in front of the whole world .

He is not a boy anymore.

He is a grown man and should be expected to dis0lay the behaviours of a grown man.

Hearing the words "He just wanted to win", while making excuses for witnessing a tantrum is something you expect to hear when talking about a toddler or young child who doesn't understand the concept of not being able to win everything.

It would even be understandable if it was just every now and then, but it's literally every single time he does not get his way.

I don't know any other driver who has to put some whining excuse on the radio almost literally every single time he gets overtaken by another driver or has even a just below optimal performance.

Max is WELL past the stage of doing the grown up version of kicking and screaming and wrecking things in a supermarket and expecting the response to be a cuddle and a "there there, quiet now" from someone expected to "coach" and put up with his behaviours.

It's sad and it's embarrassing to see/hear. That's what you saw conveyed by his pit wall today.

A group of people who since he joined have literally done everything they can including selling their souls to defend his indefensible behaviours many many many times over, just to get him winning and keep him winning, only for him to berate them like some spoiled Prince yelling at a lowly servant the very moment he has to dig deep and show some class.

That's the kind of thing he needs to hear to grow into his best self as a man, not coddling and excuse making.

/rant
Im not going to waste my time with this kind of nonsense. Blocked.

Paa

Well this simply wasn't lovely.

1. Seems that whatever started with the Horner saga is far from being settled and much worse than it appears.

2. I don't think the strategy was bad, Max could have get 3rd either way.

3. Biggest mistake from team side was to give the place back at the beginning.

4. Max comments were low. Regardless if he is right or wrong or whatever problem he has with Horner... GP or Hannah didn't deserve that attitude. I really hope he will apologize behind the scenes when calmed down.

5. Worst performance from Max for a while. I called the Hamilton crash to my girlfriend before it happened, his mind was in a really bad place for whatever reason.

6. Pace wasn't that bad actually.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Paa wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 01:14
Well this simply wasn't lovely.

1. Seems that whatever started with the Horner saga is far from being settled and much worse than it appears.

2. I don't think the strategy was bad, Max could have get 3rd either way.

3. Biggest mistake from team side was to give the place back at the beginning.

4. Max comments were low. Regardless if he is right or wrong or whatever problem he has with Horner... GP or Hannah didn't deserve that attitude. I really hope he will apologize behind the scenes when calmed down.

5. Worst performance from Max for a while. I called the Hamilton crash to my girlfriend before it happened, his mind was in a really bad place for whatever reason.

6. Pace wasn't that bad actually.
1) According to Erik Van Haren, Marko has made a new commitment through 2026 and Verstappen also confirmed intention to remain in 2025. Mintzlaff and Mateschitz have done a lot of work to mend the fences and restore trust (contract clause removed). Even Jos and Horner are speaking for the bigger picture again. Source is EvH yesterday: https://archive.is/lV86i

2) Agree

3) The penalty is 10 seconds so they couldn't afford that risk.

4) They've known one another for 10+ years. We don't have to understand it, but these kinds of things always look worse to strangers than they do to the people who have known one another for a long time. Things didn't go as they would have liked in Hungary, but it will be forgotten quickly.

5) Agree, it was an easy 3rd place with any strategy.

6) It was very bad :D
Last edited by AR3-GP on 22 Jul 2024, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:29
[

If Max completed the move on Hamilton around lap 35, things would have gone well. The ones on lap 62/63 were not helped by Hamilton pushing him off in T4 and then moving in T1 a lap later, but one of them should have stuck, preferably the earlier one after Hamilton locked up in T1 and rolled the carpet out.
T4? No-one was pushed by anyone in T4 - no one overtakes in T4.

If you mean T2, Max did the same thing to Lewis on lap 1 so "goes around comes around". And there was no moving in T1. Stewards confirmed that Hamilton did what he had done on previous laps.

Max had a faster car and couldn't overtake thanks to Hamilton's Alonso-inspired defensive driving. That's what actually happened.

Max let his emotions get the better of him today and it affected his result. More sleep required, perhaps.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Watto
Watto

Was very good defensive driving by Lewis today. But I think Max left himself down too, I think he would have gotten past Lewis before too long and had 3rd place.

He also cost himself earler in the race when he got past Lewis and then went wide later, Dirty side of the track t what not Max is to blame there for not making it stick.

I in general didn't have an issue with Max's outburst on the team radio, yes he was probably a little overboard but its the feisty Max we've always known you take the good with the bad, JP knows how to deal with him and put him in his place pretty strongly today.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Watto wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 02:12
Was very good defensive driving by Lewis today. But I think Max left himself down too, I think he would have gotten past Lewis before too long and had 3rd place.

He also cost himself earler in the race when he got past Lewis and then went wide later, Dirty side of the track t what not Max is to blame there for not making it stick.

I in general didn't have an issue with Max's outburst on the team radio, yes he was probably a little overboard but its the feisty Max we've always known you take the good with the bad, JP knows how to deal with him and put him in his place pretty strongly today.
Hamilton did nothing special. Max's brake bias wasn't working and he couldn't get the car to rotate like it usually does.

Hamilton has nobody but Red Bull to thank for running a 1 car team.

Watto
Watto

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 02:28
Watto wrote:

Hamilton did nothing special. Max's brake bias wasn't working and he couldn't get the car to rotate like it usually does.

Max was clearly in the faster car. But Lewis made Max work for it pushing Max as wide as he could within the limits when Max was almost by his side earlier in the race it was good driving to keep Max behind him, Max would have dropped him like a hot potato if he got past I am sure. But was nice by Lewis to make him earn it on older tyres.

Vettel165

Max actually gained 13 points in last 4 races comparing to Lando in the WDC. I really hope the worse is behind us, its time to go back to winning! I still have faith in the team and the driver. "At the end of tunnel there is always light"

Dunlay
Dunlay

Wouter wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 20:52
Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 20:20
If I was Hannah Schmitz, I would have thrown my headset today and walked out of Red Bull, instead of putting up with a spoilt brat. I could easily be picked up by McLaren or Mercedes for a far bigger pay.
Hanna said she was sorry to make the wrong calls but you know it better? You think she must leave because Max?! #-o
Can you quote Hannah's post race statement or her radio?

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Watto wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 02:40
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
Watto wrote:

Max was clearly in the faster car. But Lewis made Max work for it pushing Max as wide as he could within the limits when Max was almost by his side earlier in the race it was good driving to keep Max behind him, Max would have dropped him like a hot potato if he got past I am sure. But was nice by Lewis to make him earn it on older tyres.
Hamilton defended. That's all. You're making something out of nothing.

Watto
Watto

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 04:29
Watto wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 02:40
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

Hamilton defended. That's all. You're making something out of nothing.
Its a hard track to overtake on granted. But he gave up a significant tyre delta and was in a slower car but kept Max behind, I think plenty of others would have faltered under the pressure but he drove well,Pushed Max wide where he had to made if hard to Max to use the 2nd DRS zone to get past with a setup I think Max usually does very well. I don't mean it a drive of the day or anything, just it was very smart driving by Lewis

search

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:29
Onward to Spa. The car was good in the highest speed corners here in Hungary. Let's see if that carries over to Spa. It has been one of Red Bull and Max's best circuits in the ground effects era.
isn't Verstappen still likely to take his (first) engine penalty in Spa?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
Watto wrote:

The brake bias was working, Max had it set fully in one direction to try to make the car do what he wanted.

And Hamilton played the cards dealt him and got P3 ahead of Max in a faster car.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Just_a_fan wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:11
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
Watto wrote:

The brake bias was working, Max had it set fully in one direction to try to make the car do what he wanted.

And Hamilton played the cards dealt him and got P3 ahead of Max in a faster car.
Not hard to do, when you can just crash someone off the track, with no penalty. Again.