2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikhart
Rikhart

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sky f1 is unbearable to listen to, a sports channel simply cannot spend whole races bashing on a driver with cheap jokes as if they are the guys down at the pub. The constant jokes about "maybe he's cranky from lack of sleep", "maybe his head is just not here", "maybe he should sleep more", "maybe he wants to go back to his games", what a --- show of a comentary team these guys can be sometimes. Also failing to notice how Verstappen was 100% pushed off the track at the start, looking at haminton turn into someone and failing to notice that, etc etc etc.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Rikhart wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 10:19
Just_a_fan wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:11
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 02:28

Hamilton did nothing special. Max's brake bias wasn't working and he couldn't get the car to rotate like it usually does.

Hamilton has nobody but Red Bull to thank for running a 1 car team.
The brake bias was working, Max had it set fully in one direction to try to make the car do what he wanted.

And Hamilton played the cards dealt him and got P3 ahead of Max in a faster car.
Not hard to do, when you can just crash someone off the track, with no penalty. Again.
Quite right. Max should have got a penalty but Lewis saved him by saying "racing incident" to the stewards rather than crying and claiming foul play.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Just_a_fan wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 10:27
Rikhart wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:11

The brake bias was working, Max had it set fully in one direction to try to make the car do what he wanted.

And Hamilton played the cards dealt him and got P3 ahead of Max in a faster car.
Not hard to do, when you can just crash someone off the track, with no penalty. Again.
Quite right. Max should have got a penalty but Lewis saved him by saying "racing incident" to the stewards rather than crying and claiming foul play.
I don't believe people get penalties for being run into man, not quite how that one works.

ab_f1
ab_f1

Few questions on my mind having read this thread today:
1. Is Strategy simply timing of pit stops? I would have thought driving to given lap times etc also contribute to strategy.

2. There was some reference on the site of Marko's contract being changed and quote was "it does not impact Max directly". Could that be in play with Max trying to gain composure by late night sim racing and when that didn't help, venting out.

3. Only other team which is known for #1 driver treatment is Ferrari. Without #1 treatment will Max move anywhere else?

Paa

This season is what 2021 could have been without Silverstone&Hungary.
Having a nice point advantage which should be protected from a car that has gotten slightly faster for the 2nd half.

Max&RedBull should go back to that mindset and do what they have done there and it would be an easy title.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Rikhart wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 10:30
Just_a_fan wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 10:27
Rikhart wrote:

I don't believe people get penalties for being run into man, not quite how that one works.
Which is why Hamilton didn't get a penalty. Glad you now agree. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

basti313
basti313

ab_f1 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 11:07
Few questions on my mind having read this thread today:
1. Is Strategy simply timing of pit stops? I would have thought driving to given lap times etc also contribute to strategy.

2. There was some reference on the site of Marko's contract being changed and quote was "it does not impact Max directly". Could that be in play with Max trying to gain composure by late night sim racing and when that didn't help, venting out.

3. Only other team which is known for #1 driver treatment is Ferrari. Without #1 treatment will Max move anywhere else?
1. In this case...yes. They simply bottled the strategy with staying out too long, not planning for the undercut from the beginning. Latest with the second stop they should have let it go and secure the podium with the undercut. Given the pace advantage I see nothing Merc could have done.
From the laptimes/driver strategy...I think it was wrong to try and fight Lando in the beginning. And letting him pass at the beginning of the lap. Because at the time of the pitstop they did not have the tires left to stay close. But maybe this was rather related to the strategy of the overcut...not really well to judge.
2. He clearly said on German Sky that his contract has nothing to do with Max. Although the Brits here will deny it, he was never a liar.
3. Why should this play any role? He goes where performance and money is. First time he has a real Nr1 status is this year since Checos new contract. A Nr1 status does not really help if you are fighting alone against two superior cars in your Nr2 car...something well known from the past like Alonso at Ferrari. And I wonder whom you see as Nr1 next year at Ferrari :mrgreen:
Don`t russel the hamster!

Vettel165

Paa wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 11:16
Having a nice point advantage which should be protected from a car that has gotten slightly faster for the 2nd half.

Max&RedBull should go back to that mindset and do what they have done there and it would be an easy title.
Good point. It also reminds me of 2012, when Alonso absolutely delivered with the second or even third best car. And nearly won the title. I think we can say in nearly all of the races, Verstappen managed to take what was possible, or even better. Not of course taking Melbourne, Spielberg, Budapest into account. Max just needs a reset button, that last race would probably wake him up, to think the long game, not just one race ahead.

basti313
basti313

Vettel165 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 12:35
Paa wrote:

Good point. It also reminds me of 2012, when Alonso absolutely delivered with the second or even third best car. And nearly won the title. I think we can say in nearly all of the races, Verstappen managed to take what was possible, or even better. Not of course taking Melbourne, Spielberg, Budapest into account. Max just needs a reset button, that last race would probably wake him up, to think the long game, not just one race ahead.
Hmmm....well in Spielberg he delivered and made more points than his WDC rival. He just needs to stay clear of Hamilton :?

I also do not really agree with your comparison. In 2021 Merc won 3 of the first 4 races and had the faster car also in races like France. They just underdelivered on some tracks and the Spielberg double header certainly played a role.
And 2012...it was close the whole season, on some tracks the Ferrari was flying, on most the Bull but had its glitches.

Can we pick a better example? Let me throw 2007 into the game: Button fast in the beginning, very constant. Against the young Vettel with a faster car in the end, difficult Nr2 and too easy lost points?
Don`t russel the hamster!

Vettel165

basti313 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 13:05
Vettel165 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 12:35
Paa wrote:

Hmmm....well in Spielberg he delivered and made more points than his WDC rival. He just needs to stay clear of Hamilton :?

I also do not really agree with your comparison. In 2021 Merc won 3 of the first 4 races and had the faster car also in races like France. They just underdelivered on some tracks and the Spielberg double header certainly played a role.
And 2012...it was close the whole season, on some tracks the Ferrari was flying, on most the Bull but had its glitches.

Can we pick a better example? Let me throw 2007 into the game: Button fast in the beginning, very constant. Against the young Vettel with a faster car in the end, difficult Nr2 and too easy lost points?
Yes agree 2009 it was similar, Brawn GP being a dominant force in the first part of the season and then slowly falling behind the Red Bull. Button just did enough to bring the WDC home. I also think right after Spa "the real circuit" we will know more what to expect later in the season.

Sergej
Sergej

well Spa is quite unique among the remaining tracks, it could very well be that RB wins there but then McLaren will have the edge in the majority of the rest

I think we will have to admit that McLaren will be faster in most of remaining races

willmesquita

Guys, is that true the upgrade has targeted to give more rear stability to turn the RB20 more ok to Perez style?
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

Sergej
Sergej

willmesquita wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 13:38
Guys, is that true the upgrade has targeted to give more rear stability to turn the RB20 more ok to Perez style?
not sure if the aim was to help Perez, but judging by this video it seems that indeed it gave more rear stability, maybe even too much as Max says (we know he prefers a strong front end)

Bill
Bill

can anyone explain how Perez went from a second slower than Max to being competitive as him in race at least .is it all down to rear stability.

chrisc90

Bill wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 13:47
can anyone explain how Perez went from a second slower than Max to being competitive as him in race at least .is it all down to rear stability.
Yeah. Perez prefers a bit of understeer. Which is what the car is doing now