2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

SSJ4 wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 11:59
Tyre wear falls under suspension synergy to me. Ferraris improvement compared to last year was down to suspension. Same with red bull regressing but vcarbs improving since they using red bulls rear suspension from last year

We probably went to aggressive with anti dive front
Of course you can have an opinion but AMR have always maintained it's a lack of DF at the rear.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Michael Schmidt is not so optimistic about the things brought to Hungary. He believes they are maximum a step sideways, friday was a catastrophy with the balance all over the place and the cold weather saved them once again, like in Canada or Silverstone. Pierre Wache told him that this cars are very temperature sensitive (and also the reason why RBR was very competitive on friday, less on saturday). He (Schmidt) would be even more radical and would start again to develop the AMR23 from the first half of last season...

One side-note: STR was very angry that ALO was the one to test the upgrades in FP1, so he didn't even appear to the technical debrief afterwards.

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 16:48
Michael Schmidt is not so optimistic about the things brought to Hungary. He believes they are maximum a step sideways, friday was a catastrophy with the balance all over the place and the cold weather saved them once again, like in Canada or Silverstone. Pierre Wache told him that this cars are very temperature sensitive (and also the reason why RBR was very competitive on friday, less on saturday). He (Schmidt) would be even more radical and would start again to develop the AMR23 from the first half of last season...

One side-note: STR was very angry that ALO was the one to test the upgrades in FP1, so he didn't even appear to the technical debrief afterwards.
Poor strategies, (allegedly) difference of opinions between factory and race team, team orders being ignored, drivers not attending debriefs, Lawrence Stroll shouting in Imola, new top technicians being hired due to (allegedly) partly losing faith in current ones... the team is in a critical state at the moment.

And now rumours that Krack could end up at Audi :?

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Let's hope Seidl arrives, I really like it. Perfect McLaren management with him

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

https://racingnews365.com/vasseur-drops ... t=13746070

When pushed further as to who could be on the short-list to replace Cardile, Vasseur wryly replied: "I have a couple of names with five letters."

Newey? Loic Serra?

-wkst-
-wkst-

KimiRai wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 17:02
And now rumours that Krack could end up at Audi :?
Also AMuS runs this story now, I guess there will be an announcement in the summer break. And Schmidt is well informed as always: in his video blog he already hinted that the whole top management could be replaced in the next 1-2 days (some hours or a day later - whenever the video was produced - it was reality).

Gazzetta dello Sport reported some days ago, that the main reason why Newey won't join Ferrari is that he wants 20 engineers from RBR with him and Ferrari can't promise that. Well, Ferrari has established structures, not easy. I guess Stroll sen. on the other side won't have a problem hire all these guys, as a team that is still growing...

McLaren was relieved that Seidl had the offer from Audi that they can install Stella and now he got sacked by Audi. Not that stellar in my opinion...

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:

Not sure why Stroll would be unhappy, he trialed the update at Imola first. I say BS. He knows they each have turns being the first to test new parts.

Also, Alonso said the setup changes they came up with overnight friday improved the car immensely. So goes to AMR'S point that the upgrades were to make the car easier to get into different setup windows. Again BS. With new parts, it's not easy to nail the setup right away.

With regards to the temperature info, Fallows said that himself in his pre Hungary race interview.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Pretty hard to build upon first half of last year considering we don’t have the same rear suspension etc

Realistically we won’t finish above 5th in constructors even next year. Apart from mclaren all the top team have suffered with upgrades during ground effect cars over the last year and a half.

We made the same mistake ferrari did in chasing aero efficiency instead of maxing strengths. Yeah the car has the best drs imo and is quicker in a straight line. But traction and slow corners are not even close to beginning of 2023 levels which is a shame

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

In my opinion, if they put the Bahrain car on the track they will have the same results if not better

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Sherrinford wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 20:06
In my opinion, if they put the Bahrain car on the track they will have the same results if not better
Unfortunetly i need to agree with u. I think AMR24 is worse than AMR23. they expected this car was more easy to develop and he is absolute more difficult. I go to be honest, i think they are complete lost and just try combine piece trying to find any posite thing. But what is problem? Fallows? Krack? Wind tunnel? all things? they dont know. Spa they will better, but im not convinced.They need aproach to Ferrari before october to prove we are wrong and they finally found the way

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 20:15
Sherrinford wrote:
Unfortunetly i need to agree with u. I think AMR24 is worse than AMR23. they expected this car was more easy to develop and he is absolute more difficult. I go to be honest, i think they are complete lost and just try combine piece trying to find any posite thing. But what is problem? Fallows? Krack? Wind tunnel? all things? they dont know. Spa they will better, but im not convinced.They need aproach to Ferrari before october to prove we are wrong and they finally found the way
The AMR24 qualified one second faster than the AMR23. 1:16.0 vs 1:17.0

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 20:15
Sherrinford wrote:
The AMR24 qualified one second faster than the AMR23. 1:16.0 vs 1:17.0.

Doudt that true about the day 1 AMR24. The Suzuka upgrades surely helped the car. The AMR24 was close 1.5 seconds faster than the AMR23 that had raced there less tha 6 months prior... It's something we'll never know so why say it?
Last edited by diffuser on 23 Jul 2024, 22:44, edited 3 times in total.

Nikosar
Nikosar

diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 15:35
Nikosar wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 13:18
Krack and Fallows have both said on several occasions that the car suffers greatly from high temperatures. Do you think that to achieve better cooling efficiency, the shape and design of the car needs to be completely changed?

A radical change like the one Mercedes made earlier this year? If that's the real solution, it will be for the 2025 car, and they'll continue to deal with the problem until the end of the season, knowing that they'll have to face hot tracks from BAKU to Abu Dhabi.

I'd like to start this debate to change the worthless debates link Alonso shape, Stroll, startegy discutbale issue, Newey coming.... feel free to launch arguments or new arguments and give your opinion
The cooling of the AMR24 is perfect. Think he's referring to the flows under the floor when it's hot, how it effects the flows and DF
Thank you

-wkst-
-wkst-

diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 19:13
-wkst- wrote:

Not sure why Stroll would be unhappy, he trialed the update at Imola first. I say BS. He knows they each have turns being the first to test new parts.

Also, Alonso said the setup changes they came up with overnight friday improved the car immensely. So goes to AMR'S point that the upgrades were to make the car easier to get into different setup windows. Again BS. With new parts, it's not easy to nail the setup right away.

With regards to the temperature info, Fallows said that himself in his pre Hungary race interview.
ALO said setup changes helped, STR said after Q that it could just be that the lower temperatures helped.

Calling infos from someone bs, who provides maybe the best infos in the paddock, although you simply can’t judge that infos or prove it wrong, is real bs…

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 21:10
diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 19:13
-wkst- wrote:

ALO said setup changes helped, STR said after Q that it could just be that the lower temperatures helped.

Calling infos from someone bs, who provides maybe the best infos in the paddock, although you simply can’t judge that infos or prove it wrong, is real bs…
Alonso said the setup changes helped in FP3. STR said maybe the temp change helped after Q. Both can be true statements. The changes made in FP3 helped the car and it was further help by the change in temp for Q.

I think the stroll being upset is BS cause he knows that they are taking turns. If he is truly is unhappy about that, he will be told to "grow up!".
Last edited by diffuser on 24 Jul 2024, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.