2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
BrunoH
BrunoH

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

any news from the illegal parts that were found and the FIA mandated them to take off the car that made the drop of performance? ( the rumor from the Spanish media during the race )

chrisc90

BrunoH wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 11:21
any news from the illegal parts that were found and the FIA mandated them to take off the car that made the drop of performance? ( the rumor from the Spanish media during the race )
Been discussed/mentioned a few times over the last 4/5 pages. Basically no confirmation from anyone other than the original source really. Teams have been very quiet where if there was something there, they would be shouting from the top of the motorhomes.

Basically I don’t think there was anything. Just McLaren brought a corker of a upgrade.

f1isgood
f1isgood

Paa wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 19:11
I don't think this is about not trusting the team. I feel Horner is stuck in that "everything is fine" mode that he has been radiating since his scandal.

Years like 2020 or second part of 2021 was different ad they were the underdogs and it was clear and aknoweldged.

Now they have been underdogs since a few races now, but it had not been aknoweldged. Horner, most fans, commentators and media all acted like during past races like RedBull still is the big favorite. While Max had been doing what he did in 2021 and almost noone noticed. I think this is what frustrates him. Then add some late night gaming and you get Hungary race

Maybe the general view is slowly changing now, but these things needs to be said.
1. For the outside so Max(and operation team) gets the recognition he (they) deserves and got for similar performances in the past (he is only human, I guess)
2. Internally by Horner as well, because first you need to state the problem to be able to address that effectively and find a solution.
I thought it was just Horner, but it is also Marko and others saying car was the best etc.

Max is also not driving as well as he used to, especially the past few races. Getting general frustration get to you is the easiest way to tank this championship. He should simply accept reality that Red Bull are unlikely to have the best car for majority if not all the races and do what he does best -- remain consistent and keep getting them points every weekend. There's no one better at it than him and if he keeps it like 2021, he will very likely get this title.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

f1isgood wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 13:27
Paa wrote:
I don't think this is about not trusting the team. I feel Horner is stuck in that "everything is fine" mode that he has been radiating since his scandal.

Years like 2020 or second part of 2021 was different ad they were the underdogs and it was clear and aknoweldged.

Now they have been underdogs since a few races now, but it had not been aknoweldged. Horner, most fans, commentators and media all acted like during past races like RedBull still is the big favorite. While Max had been doing what he did in 2021 and almost noone noticed. I think this is what frustrates him. Then add some late night gaming and you get Hungary race

Maybe the general view is slowly changing now, but these things needs to be said.
1. For the outside so Max(and operation team) gets the recognition he (they) deserves and got for similar performances in the past (he is only human, I guess)
2. Internally by Horner as well, because first you need to state the problem to be able to address that effectively and find a solution.
I thought it was just Horner, but it is also Marko and others saying car was the best etc.

Max is also not driving as well as he used to, especially the past few races. Getting general frustration get to you is the easiest way to tank this championship. He should simply accept reality that Red Bull are unlikely to have the best car for majority if not all the races and do what he does best -- remain consistent and keep getting them points every weekend. There's no one better at it than him and if he keeps it like 2021, he will very likely get this title.
Horner and co are in denial that the RB20 isn't anywhere near as good as the RB19. Nor that McLaren have found genuine speed.

Max is still Max. The only difference between this year and last year? He had the best car on the grid, this season he doesn't. So, he hasn't got the speed advantage to overtake easily. One thing he's never really learned to do is to be patient with overtakes. It's always a dive up the inside or an overly ambitious overtake. If he continues as is, he'll start racking up penalties from the stewards.

Bill
Bill

taperoo2k wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 14:37
f1isgood wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 13:27
Paa wrote:

Horner and co are in denial that the RB20 isn't anywhere near as good as the RB19. Nor that McLaren have found genuine speed.

Max is still Max. The only difference between this year and last year? He had the best car on the grid, this season he doesn't. So, he hasn't got the speed advantage to overtake easily. One thing he's never really learned to do is to be patient with overtakes. It's always a dive up the inside or an overly ambitious overtake. If he continues as is, he'll start racking up penalties from the stewards.
max qualified 0.4 tenth faster than anyone in Austria. He was very fast at Silverstone but damaged car so we didn't see his proper quali lap. Hungary was a high downforce track the kind of tracks that redbull are not particularly good at .so at these point a true picture of redbull pace is not clear to see but at spa they will blow everyone else.

Gillian
Gillian

Just_a_fan wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 10:35
Curbstone wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 12:41
Gillian wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 18:02

Jeopardize? Verstappen is still on for the title if he just keeps a cool head. Could have been a P3 last race...
P3's won't be enough to win the championship...

And how do you expect a driver to keep a cool head when the team basically stops listening to the preference of him, while he is the championship leader?
Rather depends on who is taking P1 and P2. If Lando, for example, takes P1 every race then P3 isn't enough for Max. But if we see a number of drivers taking P1 and P2, it reduces the chances that Lando gets sufficient points to beat Max. But, yes, for Max, a mix of P1, P2 and P3 is a much better outcome.

The key, however, is accept P3 if trying to take P2 risks a drop down the places or even a DNF. Better a secure P3 than try for a dodgy P2 overtake and end up P4, P5, etc.. From here on, it's about maximising the points whilst minimising the incidents.
Exactly this.

Vettel165

Some showers expected on friday and rainy saturday. Maybe it will be dry on sunday. We have no luck in terms of weather, nearly every weekend there is some rain. So the team cant find the proper setup after these new updates. We really need that summer break to reset everything and come back stronger.

In Red Bull, Max we trust.

Wouter

Vettel165 wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 17:38
Some showers expected on friday and rainy saturday. Maybe it will be dry on sunday. We have no luck in terms of weather, nearly every weekend there is some rain. So the team cant find the proper setup after these new updates. We really need that summer break to reset everything and come back stronger.

In Red Bull, Max we trust.
According to Ventusky
FP1 dry and FP3 mostly dry till almost the end.
FP2 mostly rain 0.3 mm
Quali whole afternoon rain from 1.20 PM.
Sunday dry.
The Power of Dreams!

search

Has anyone from the team brought up the "+10 penalty", or is that a media assumption only? I would think a complete new unit is more likely, meaning Verstappen starts last.

Farnborough
Farnborough

search wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 08:58
Has anyone from the team brought up the "+10 penalty", or is that a media assumption only? I would think a complete new unit is more likely, meaning Verstappen starts last.
Everyone on F1 feeds appears to be quoting "unnamed" scource, which is barely more informative than pure gossip and guess.

If there was the position of going to rear of grid with more component changes, then a pure dry optimum setup for predicted Sunday weather could be chosen, functional "test" in Q1 and put it back in the box to race on Sunday. No risk, mileage or consideration for wet competition in chasing pole etc.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

search wrote:
On F1TV Will Buxton said he just conducted an interview with Verstappen (will air on race day) and that Max confirmed he will take a penalty, but not sure how many positions.

Wouter

FittingMechanics wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 09:37
search wrote:
On F1TV Will Buxton said he just conducted an interview with Verstappen (will air on race day) and that Max confirmed he will take a penalty, but not sure how many positions.
Erik van Haren said the same. at the moment only the ICE but that can change.

I think he can better start from the back because in the midfield with +10 places for only the ICE is very tricky. (crashes)

The Power of Dreams!

BrunoH
BrunoH

yeah could be.
Sorry i just had a full test day, and a full race weekend from thursday to Saturday and a bit tired, idid not go so far back and just heard about it. thought it was strange but ferrari had something similiar with the engine back in the day so... just wondering.

chrisc90 wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 11:35
BrunoH wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 11:21
Been discussed/mentioned a few times over the last 4/5 pages. Basically no confirmation from anyone other than the original source really. Teams have been very quiet where if there was something there, they would be shouting from the top of the motorhomes.

Basically I don’t think there was anything. Just McLaren brought a corker of a upgrade.

Vettel165

Wouter wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 10:18
FittingMechanics wrote:
search wrote:

I think he can better start from the back because in the midfield with +10 places for only the ICE is very tricky. (crashes)

Yeah better to change everything and start even from the pit-lane. Less risk. Safety car is very possible in lap 1.

Juzh

Vettel165 wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 12:09
Wouter wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 10:18
FittingMechanics wrote:

Yeah better to change everything and start even from the pit-lane. Less risk. Safety car is very possible in lap 1.
Dont think so. In 2023 and 2022 yes, but this year starting from pits it'll be a struggle to reach the podium even.