2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bingaboy
bingaboy

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:54
bingaboy wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:41
we’ve reached that stage where insecure alonso fans start spouting nonsensical conspiracy theories about the team sabotaging their own driver.
mods, can we please create a thread for alonso chat, and have the TEAM thread unsullied by such comments, 24/7 ??
Just like the Red Bull thread is usually about Max charismatic drivers tend to center attention around themselves, who could have known. If you make a thread for only Alonso then you'd be left here alone, is that what you want? :D

On him not performing as well this season, I do think he's getting old but there's likely more than a single reason.

i’ll gladly be the only person here if it means i’m backing the team instead of being a crazy coot who thinks a multi-billion dollar corporation is trying to sabotage itself by giving their best asset a sub-par car by purpose

KimiRai
KimiRai

bingaboy wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:58
KimiRai wrote:
bingaboy wrote:
we’ve reached that stage where insecure alonso fans start spouting nonsensical conspiracy theories about the team sabotaging their own driver.
mods, can we please create a thread for alonso chat, and have the TEAM thread unsullied by such comments, 24/7 ??
Just like the Red Bull thread is usually about Max charismatic drivers tend to center attention around themselves, who could have known. If you make a thread for only Alonso then you'd be left here alone, is that what you want? :D

On him not performing as well this season, I do think he's getting old but there's likely more than a single reason.

i’ll gladly be the only person here if it means i’m backing the team instead of being a crazy coot who thinks a multi-billion dollar corporation is trying to sabotage itself by giving their best asset a sub-par car by purpose
I've never said that. You go tell that to others not me.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Come on guys, efforts and money to sabotage for what ? P9 ? LOL

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

SchuMassa wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:31
Sedaxel wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:15
Nikosar wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:05

"he is nowhere near" : they ended +0,006 ...Come on man, old PU issue + in Alonso struggling with brake and tyre temp. Stroll is more than 20 points behind in the championship.
Man, this guy is always waiting for a minimal signal (no matter it's based on issues or anecdotical reasons) to chime in with the "Alo is being outpaced by Str" comments. Better letting him alone, I guess.
I didn't even bring up the usual comments - caveats about aging, or some silly conspiracy. Over the last 5 rounds, he has been neck-and-neck Stroll, like it or not. That worries me, and I was seeking some explanation from other users... until you came.
If you are looking for a safe place where all's sunshine and rainbows, you'd better leave yourself, instead of inciting fellow users to exclude others because you don't like what they're writing. So childish! #-o
"Alonso is nowhere near".

Ok... But I think there's a big difference in me not liking what I read and what you're continuously saying being BS.

bingaboy
bingaboy

KimiRai wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:04
bingaboy wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

you replied to my comment ??

moreover, you’re justifying it because a similar level of toxicity is observed in the redbull thread. alonso brings a lot of fans with him, but they feel entitled to say any and everything about the team. formula one is and always will be a constructor first sport, and if someone is spreading nonsensical conspiracy theories about MY team, i will defend them, within reason and logic !!!

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Sedaxel wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:08
SchuMassa wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:31
Sedaxel wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:15

Man, this guy is always waiting for a minimal signal (no matter it's based on issues or anecdotical reasons) to chime in with the "Alo is being outpaced by Str" comments. Better letting him alone, I guess.
I didn't even bring up the usual comments - caveats about aging, or some silly conspiracy. Over the last 5 rounds, he has been neck-and-neck Stroll, like it or not. That worries me, and I was seeking some explanation from other users... until you came.
If you are looking for a safe place where all's sunshine and rainbows, you'd better leave yourself, instead of inciting fellow users to exclude others because you don't like what they're writing. So childish! #-o
"Alonso is nowhere near".

Ok... But I think there's a big difference in me not liking what I read and what you're continuously saying being BS.
The difference is, you are attacking other users instead of sharing your own personal opinion. And I don't think that's right in any case whatsoever.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

KimiRai wrote:
bingaboy wrote:

Regardless of any problem, the car doesn't run and can only fight for a maximum of 9th position for now. So Alonso or not Alonso, nothing changes. Here the change must be made in the in the car, after they have been the team with the most performance upgrades and have not improved since the 1st grand prix

KimiRai
KimiRai

bingaboy wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:10
KimiRai wrote:
bingaboy wrote:

moreover, you’re justifying it because a similar level of toxicity is observed in the redbull thread. alonso brings a lot of fans with him, but they feel entitled to say any and everything about the team. formula one is and always will be a constructor first sport, and if someone is spreading nonsensical conspiracy theories about MY team, i will defend them, within reason and logic !!!
Read my reply again. I think I was quite reasonable. For some reason you jumped right at me when I literally don't agree with what others are saying.

bingaboy
bingaboy

KimiRai wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:24
bingaboy wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:10
KimiRai wrote:

Read my reply again. I think I was quite reasonable. For some reason you jumped right at me when I literally don't agree with what others are saying.
i think it’s you who needs to read my comments and replies, when i didn’t point any of them out to you. my sentiments and comments are pretty much open ended for anyone who’s spouting conspiracy theories about the team sabotaging alonso, and if you’re taking them personally, i think you share the same thoughts as others (?)

FNTC
FNTC

To think that Lawrence will do everything to give Lance the best equipment is not a stretch, its the only reason he owns the team. But I don't think he sabotages Alonso, that would be insane. He wants the team and both drivers to do the best possible I would assume.
Any ideas how might take over as TP if Krack leaves for Audi like the rumors say?

bingaboy
bingaboy

FNTC wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:31
To think that Lawrence will do everything to give Lance the best equipment is not a stretch, its the only reason he owns the team. But I don't think he sabotages Alonso, that would be insane. He wants the team and both drivers to do the best possible I would assume.
Any ideas how might take over as TP if Krack leaves for Audi like the rumors say?
maybe seidl or someone from outside. for where the car is and has been under his tenure, krack has seemed to be a decent TP. whoever gets hired will have to play to lawrence’s egos and keep fernando happy as well, and that’s not an easy job.

FNTC
FNTC

I am not convinced that Seidl is the right person. McLaren really improved after he left, and Sauber has done really poorly after he took over there, so much so that he got fired. Might not be his fault, but the optics aren't great.

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 12:55
-wkst- wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 11:30
"The main parts are very tight on production, so we're targeting them for Hungary, but there will also be some circuit-specific parts such as the low-drag rear-wing for Spa."
Tom McCullough 10 days ago.

Today:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTZuZ52XUAA ... name=large
They didn't made any new parts, but they still can have last year wing with slightly modification. Is still will not be listened.
SPA has that very high speed section that the AMR24 should be good at but it also has a slow section. So it's likely gonna need a different setup. Plus they're likely using a lower DF setup, while Hungary 🇭🇺 had high DF.

bingaboy
bingaboy

i think we, as fans, still have an orthodox approach towards accountability for performance of a formula one team, when a modern day team functions more like a corporation, with different teams handling different aspects of a formula one organisation, including performance, operations, marketing, sales, etc. it was under seidl (and brown) that mclaren became a better “organisation”, and their fans blame key for the lack of performance during the latter stages of his tenure.
again, these are just speculations, but seidl is highly regarded in the paddock, and the only reason he got sacked by audi was because of the petty politics and infighting between him and hoffman.

diffuser

FNTC wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:31
If Krack is even thinking about leaving, we should fire him on the spot to prevent having idiots work for AMR.