2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

proteus wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:50
Tommy.G wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:46
Bill wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:40

he is leaving because he wants to be no1 .i like merc policy because they always allow their drivers to race.lewis still has 0.7 tenth advantage so he have pulled a move
Look at McLaren!

Piastri leads the whole race at Hungary, gets the wrong strategy and ends up behind Norris! They invert them!

Same thing happened with Hamilton! They gave him the wrong strategy…so why not invert at the end?

Cause he’s leaving probably…
Completely wrong. Apples and oranges. George alone suggested to go till the end, was even asked if he is sure. Lewis had the same chance.

Its not the first time George risked it, but it is the first time it paid off so greatly.
There was nothing risky about it really.

As Toto said they had two choices. Accept 5th via a stop, or accept 5th via being overtaken at the end.

They made the choice with the highest reward possible with not much risk since they were looking at the same outcome both ways in their estimations.

SKYnRacing24

CHT wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:55
LH signed a new 2 years contract with Merc last summer, and by Dec he decided to leave for Ferrari.
The reason for leaving is simply down to his desire to win 8th WDC. He was delusional about Merc lack of pace and its ability to turn things around after 2 years of no wins no poles.

With this strong 1-2 finish, and Ferrari lack of race pace, I am sure LH must be questioning if he made the right decision to quit the team.

I think it was wrong to say Merc doesnt give team orders, I remember Toto made a call at Suzuka last year, despite not being in Japan.
It doesn't matter about where Lewis's head is at. He's going for a new challenge and environment at Ferrari yes he was partly booted out but you can't expect this partnership to continue. Its stale now and after this win he will be feeling that this team doesn't have his best interests at play. Lewis has some of the best race pace on the grid. Russell has been making lucky calls like this since he's been there. 35 laps on a resurfaced Spa...great job. I guess the trolls will be saying if Hamilton had a higher IQ then he would of made it work :?
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

kenshi_blind

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:02
CHT wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:55
LH signed a new 2 years contract with Merc last summer, and by Dec he decided to leave for Ferrari.
The reason for leaving is simply down to his desire to win 8th WDC. He was delusional about Merc lack of pace and its ability to turn things around after 2 years of no wins no poles.

With this strong 1-2 finish, and Ferrari lack of race pace, I am sure LH must be questioning if he made the right decision to quit the team.

I think it was wrong to say Merc doesnt give team orders, I remember Toto made a call at Suzuka last year, despite not being in Japan.
It doesn't matter about where Lewis's head is at. He's going for a new challenge and environment at Ferrari yes he was partly booted out but you can't expect this partnership to continue. Its stale now and after this win he will be feeling that this team doesn't have his best interests at play. Lewis has some of the best race pace on the grid. Russell has been making lucky calls like this since he's been there. 35 laps on a resurfaced Spa...great job. I guess the trolls will be saying if Hamilton had a higher IQ then he would of made it work :?
Merc would have boxed him if the roles were reversed. that's pretty much obvious so i understand why Lewis was pissed off. seems his side of the garage was operating separately from the rest of the team ...

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

I knew the overtake was not going to be on. Even on older tires Russell was slightly faster in S1 and S3. Lewis's stire advantage only showed up in the second sector. Unfortunately you cannot follow closely there, so I knew it was game over even though Brundle was saying some rubbish about how they're going to let Lewis through.

kenshi_blind

Hammerfist wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:06
I knew the overtake was not going to be on. Even on older tires Russell was slightly faster in S1 and S3. Lewis's stire advantage only showed up in the second sector. Unfortunately you cannot follow closely there, so I knew it was game over even though Brundle was saying some rubbish about how they're going to let Lewis through.
Lol @Brundle always full of ---.. as usual

Luscion
Luscion

Hammerfist wrote:
yea, like i said before Piastri brought up that it was very difficult to overtake once you got into dirty air in the cool down room, then Lewis made the comment about still having plenty of grip every time the team brought him in

SKYnRacing24

That Lewis interview..... As i said, No other team would of done that to there lead driver.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:11
That Lewis interview..... As i said, No other team would of done that to there lead driver.
Hamilton is just looking for someone to blame. Russell refused the 2 stop.

Good drive by both drivers. Russell made the decisive call. This is a pattern in Hamilton's career compared to Russell. Russell always prefers to make the strat calls. Hamilton prefers to let the team make the call and then complain when it doesn't work at the end.

DGP123
DGP123

Hammerfist wrote:
Similar to Brazil, with Lewis only being quicker in S2. Russell with the lower DF setup and being quicker on the straights would be crucial.

All in all, Hamilton shouldn’t be too down. He’s come alive with this car, and his pace looks superb.

CHT
CHT

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
If LH didnt quit Merc, he would have gotten the priority to win. So for Merc it only make sense for them to bring the best out of GR

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Lewis said repeatedly on the radio that his tyres were fine and he could go longer or even for a one stopper. The only thing Merc were interested in was racing Leclerc...

kenshi_blind

AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:12
SKYnRacing24 wrote:

Good drive by both drivers. Russell made the decisive call. This is a pattern in Hamilton's career compared to Russell. Russell always prefers to make the strat calls. Hamilton prefers to let the team make the call and then complain when it doesn't work at the end.
You guys really can't help yourselves hey. Always rewriting history to suit whatever narrative you have. Since when is drivers making strat calls the norm? besides Merc would have boxed Lewis is the roles were reversed and tell him he could get fastest lap lol
Last edited by kenshi_blind on 28 Jul 2024, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

CHT wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:16
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
If LH didnt quit Merc, he would have gotten the priority to win. So for Merc it only make sense for them to bring the best out of GR
Not really sure, Russell since 2022 is seen as the future and Lewis the past. In reality that's one of the reason why Lewis left so it's the opposite actually

madsonit
madsonit

AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:12
SKYnRacing24 wrote:

It’s not really that simple. If Lewis, in what was probably the third fastest car this weekend, didn’t make the right passes at the right time and didn’t keep the lead, if the McLaren was p1 they would’ve went in the distance since they had the better car and there would have been no chance at all for George to win. Lewis has a lot of merit in this team result and the team should’ve played nice with him and repaid his great work for the team in the first half of race. But it’s clear the team don’t care about him that much. Also, probably they didn’t even tell him George was on a one stop so he managed his race thinking George would stop. There is no way to go around this, Merc screwed Lewis on this one and he drove the best race out of anyone on the grid today. He deserved that win on merit. George was great, but got the win on the gamble more than on his driving.

proteus

Tvetovnato wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:52
proteus wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:50
Tommy.G wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:46

Look at McLaren!

Piastri leads the whole race at Hungary, gets the wrong strategy and ends up behind Norris! They invert them!

Same thing happened with Hamilton! They gave him the wrong strategy…so why not invert at the end?

Cause he’s leaving probably…
Completely wrong. Apples and oranges. George alone suggested to go till the end, was even asked if he is sure. Lewis had the same chance.

Its not the first time George risked it, but it is the first time it paid off so greatly.
Lewis didn’t have the same chance. Had Hamilton asked to do a one stopper in the position he was in, everyone would have called him a total idiot had it failed. No one knew it was gonna work. It was a high risk that paid off. Simple as that.
Big risk, big reward.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows