2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

from the article:
“I think today an [extra] hard tyre would have helped,” Verstappen reflected.

“Of course, George won the race on a one stop, but I don't think we had the tyre wear or tyre life to do that anyway.
Again the car is fast on paper (like quali) and then struggles with tyres during the race.

organic

Yeah out of the top 4 teams red bull has the worst tyre wear this season. It did at the start of the year too, just that it was hidden by the pure performance gap. Early warning signs that they got the mechanical platform all wrong

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:08
I think that's very harsh on the team. There was Russell in between them, what were they supposed to do?
Max got pole by 6 tenths. Max was serving an engine penalty that was not his fault. They were supposed to tell Perez to get out of the way of both Verstappen and Russell by lap 15. Lift on the Kemmel, I don't care how. Just do it. Perez was slow. This is a competition, not a nursery.

The maximum team result was destroyed because they didn't have the stomach to move a slow team car out of the way. This is weakness. Employing Perez after the break is weakness. Has Horner lost his stomach for making the calls that need to be made?

I am disgusted by what they did today. Max was so calm and I'm so pissed. They destroyed Max's race so that Perez could finish 8th?

One can only hope that they chose to treat Perez with such care at the expense of Max because it was his last race for the team. Any other thought process is unconscionable.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 28 Jul 2024, 20:53, edited 10 times in total.

PierreW
PierreW

Sergej wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:08
PierreW wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:46
Max should stay with Red Bull unless their 2026 motor is a disaster. They are such a good fit. We should believe in Horner to right the ship and tighten the screws. Was Red Bull in full knowledge of the DRS reduction when they choose to take the penalty here?

It was hard to overtake here. Norris couldn't put a single attack on Max, and Hamilton couldn't on Russel despite being 0.6-0.7s faster per lap.
I have a feeling they made an overconfidence mistake by:
1 thinking they would have recovered as easily as 22/23
2 not considering that this could have been one of the very few remaining races where win is possible

I agree that this is a missed opportunity, for Max and for the fans of the team in general. Of course the title is the most important, but I don't think that Max want to go to win the title collecting the 5th placein every race. Challenging for wins or at least podium is what he wants.

The package Max + the car, would have been able to compete for the win or close to the win today without any grid penalty. If the feeling is that the car will be inferior to several cars in most remaining tracks, the strategy must be to snatch wins where we can and do everything for it, when the chance is there. In Hungary , betting on a hypothetical safety car and losing the podium because of that was an error.

The team must get their tactical edge back. With a inferior car, Max can do a lot, but he will need the strategy and the execution to be perfect to win races. You can't always count on others mistakes.

I consider that the WCC is lost, the car is too weak to win that. The other car should never get in the way of Max unless it is competing for the win.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Delete, repost.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 29 Jul 2024, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Why did tbe team choose Spa to serve the penalty ? It looks like an error to me

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 21:05
Why did tbe team choose Spa to serve the penalty ? It looks like an error to me
Because they expected they would have best opportunity to negate it. Usually easy track to overtake if you are faster.

Sergej
Sergej

Surely they will need another engine, hopefully they make a better track choice :twisted:

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

That's another win Red Bull gave away to hamilton. With a 2 car Red Bull team , I can't see how hamilton gets these wins.

Max doesn't know it yet but he probably will be trying to break win records one day. He will retire early but come back in a year or so. He will discover that resting gets boring pretty quick

Mansell89
Mansell89

FW17 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:14
Yuki was not playing ball either
I think this might be down to a decision to put Ricciardo in the Red Bull after the summer break- rumblings are louder.

I don’t blame Yuki who was on fire since Ricciardo was put in as his team mate, but he’s a Honda man and Red Bull need the right foil for Max and the right development feedback, so looks like Danny Ricc might get a season and a half there, which I’m all for and will be nice to see him come home after his adventures with Renault (where he was excellent) and McLaren (where it didn’t work out).

He has looked more like himself these last couple of months- wouldn’t it be superb to see him steal a race in amongst the tight knit group at the front!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Every year, Albon is driving like a menace on the first lap and Max backs out to save his race:

2024:

2022:

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Perez had to let out at the start because he couldn't risk a crash. And that gave the win to hamilton. But it's Perezs own poor form that caused him to not afford another crash.

Red bull is also losing records to Mercedes. And they will continue to considering Mercedes is going with 2 top teir drivers in Russell and Antonelli.

Riccardo or Tsunoda won't cut it. Maybe Lawson can ? I dunno. Sainz would be a better bet

Tommy.G
Tommy.G

Has anyone heard of any such thing???

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-red ... tqvqx6z76s

K1Plus
K1Plus

Tommy.G wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 21:51

Supposedly there was the talk of something in Miami already, I know someone mentioned that in the forum.

PierreW
PierreW

Tommy.G wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 21:51

It would explain why the car turned out disappointing so fast, but some argue that the weakness were already seen at the beginning of the season and that the updates of Mercedes and McLaren brought them ahead while the updates of RB did absolutely nothing.

Anyway something is strange when you see that last year car was faster in Hungary.