2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FlYiNgIcEmAn
FlYiNgIcEmAn

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

PierreW wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 22:02
Anyway something is strange when you see that last year car was faster in Hungary.
We were also driving most of the time behind someone in Hungary compared to last year.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

There was plenty of pace in Max's hands. Tire deg was not bad either. I'm telling you guys, Max just got screwed by Perez and all the laps he spent in dirty air after the 1st stop. Then even with a worse tire in the final stint, he made up all of the gap to Leclerc. The margins are smaller.

You cannot afford 10 laps behind Perez in your race and you can't afford to have the wrong compound of tire. Max would have fought for the win even with the poor tire allocation if they didn't screw him over by refusing to move Perez out of the way immediately. In the final stint he had a worse tire, and was having to use a defensive ERS deployment and look in his mirrors because of Norris.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Tommy.G wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 21:51
Has anyone heard of any such thing???

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-red ... tqvqx6z76s
I don't buy it. Red Bull has been the top team. How could have this stayed on the down low completely ?

Plus Red Bull is actually very particular about staying within the rules. In this race , they even did a one stop test and figured out that weight would be an issue, They also did plank tests in the race that Hamilton got disqualified from last year

Jurgen von Diaz

So, on monday, Pérez out and Tsunoda/Ricciardo in? Make it happen.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Why RB did run with such a high DF package knowing Max will take a penalty, and the DRS zone will be shortened ?

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Spoutnik wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 23:12
Why RB did run with such a high DF package knowing Max will take a penalty, and the DRS zone will be shortened ?
Tyre wear. They expected an advantage there and trust that their DRS delta would do the work. Which was a fair choice if the tyre situation didn’t turn out to be completely bizarre…

chrisc90

Spoutnik wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 23:12
I don’t think it was a bad choice to be fair. Protected the tyres much better than the lower DF setup tested in FP2.

Also, nobody was overtaking without a more than 0.5-0.6sec gap out of eau rouge. Was the same for every team.

Sergej
Sergej

yeah I think wing level was correct too

tyre choice was wrong instead, they should have saved 2 sets of hard; one could say in hindsight it's always easy, but 1 every other top team made the right call 2 it's not the first time they are wrong in selecting tyres

plenty of things to analyze and correct during the summer break, which can't come sooner; including a deep analysis on setup and those fuc*ing upgrades which I refuse to think they can not dialled in better than what they did.

organic

They tried fp2 with a low wing and they ruined the tyres. High load wing was the right choice

Paa

AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:35
:wtf:
They let Perez put up a DRS train from lap 13 to lap 22 which destroyed Max's race because he couldn't pass Russell since Russell was getting the DRS from Perez.

Those 10 laps took away Max's chance to win.
I was really surprised this didn't cause more noise, I was totally tilted to see that during the race. Max lost like 10 seconds of race time and the team gained exactly nothing. It was awful to see.

Perez should have moved away at around lap14.
Instead they were losing time from the front runners and Norris was making up 6 seconds on them.
What was even worse, that when Russell finally overtook Perez, he didn't move away from Max. Instead he created a 2s gap between George and Ver so essentially taking away the DRS from Max, while giving a DRS to Norris as he just closed in the from 2s to 1s during that time.Then they immediately boxed Perez, WTF was that? They didn't even try 1 more lap to hold Norris, giving some breathing space to Max. Like Checo was driving for McLaren or something.

He took away like 8-10s race time from Max, then take his DRS away from George and gave Norris a go on Ver. And for what? So Perez could conveniently sail in to 8th place with a pitstop gap? Perez was not in a fight for anything. Team would have lost exactly nothing, by 'sacrificing' Checo. This was a proper Leclerc-2022 treatment for Max.

Also Tsunoda cost like 2s for Max, fighting hard after his first stop, but that's much more understandable.

ps: sorry for the rant, I honestly couldn't believe what was happening. Barely noticed what happened in the race after this, I was so pissed. :D

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 22:39
So, on monday, Pérez out and Tsunoda/Ricciardo in? Make it happen.

We know it won't be Tsunoda. Tsunoda is fine in a car like vcarb, he would be back to his 2021 ways in the top team.

It is Lawson or Riccardo. It will probably be Riccardo which should be an improvement on current day Perez. But there's always a risk he goes full McLaren and just can't settle himself with the car. I dont see that happening with Lawson

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Paa wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 01:15
I was really surprised this didn't cause more noise, I was totally tilted to see that during the race. Max lost like 10 seconds of race time and the team gained exactly nothing. It was awful to see.

Instead they were losing time from the front runners and Norris was making up 6 seconds on them.
What was even worse, that when Russell finally overtook Perez, he didn't move away from Max. Instead he created a 2s gap between George and Ver so essentially taking away the DRS from Max, while giving a DRS to Norris as he just closed in the from 2s to 1s during that time.Then they immediately boxed Perez, WTF was that? They didn't even try 1 more lap to hold Norris, giving some breathing space to Max. Like Checo was driving for McLaren or something.

He took away like 8-10s race time from Max, then take his DRS away from George and gave Norris a go on Ver. And for what? So Perez could conveniently sail in to 8th place with a pitstop gap? Perez was not in a fight for anything. Team would have lost exactly nothing, by 'sacrificing' Checo. This was a proper Leclerc-2022 treatment for Max.

Also Tsunoda cost like 2s for Max, fighting hard after his first stop, but that's much more understandable.

ps: sorry for the rant, I honestly couldn't believe what was happening. Barely noticed what happened in the race after this, I was so pissed. :D
Not a rant. It is a spot-on criticism.

I don't understand Red Bull anymore. They don't have any car advantage. Can they afford to make Verstappen run at Perez pace for 10 laps in a GP? Can they afford to give Norris 6 seconds in a GP? Why did they give up on winning by lap 13? Is this a team that is interested in winning races?

I will never forgive them for this race massacre. Max Verstappen carried this team since 2018 and to be treated like a #2 driver at a home race, for an engine penalty that was not his fault, when they so badly needed a positive result for Max is simply not forgivable. and for what? To make sure Perez finished 8th? :lol: Unforgivable.

Paa

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 02:16

Not a rant. It is a spot-on criticism.

I don't understand Red Bull anymore. They don't have any car advantage. Can they afford to make Verstappen run at Perez pace for 10 laps in a GP? Can they afford to give Norris 6 seconds in a GP? Why did they give up on winning by lap 13? Is this a team that is interested in winning races?

I will never forgive them for this race massacre. Max Verstappen carried this team since 2018 and to be treated like a #2 driver at a home race, for an engine penalty that was not his fault, when they so badly needed a positive result for Max is simply not forgivable. and for what? To make sure Perez finished 8th? :lol: Unforgivable.
Often we see a midfield team making a grear car, but their mentality keeps being midfield for a while.(Hmm... current McLaren for example)

RedBull seem to be the opposite.
They still have the dominant car/team mindset. They think they can afford these. Probably got too comfortable during last 2 years. This is why Max was so pissed at Hungary.
They should switch back to their 2021 mode.

Edit: honestly, I would have signed the result before the weekend. (Gaining 2pts on Norris with the penalty)
But this ignorant incompetence made me way too frustrated.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 02:08

It is Lawson or Riccardo. It will probably be Riccardo which should be an improvement on current day Perez. But there's always a risk he goes full McLaren and just can't settle himself with the car. I dont see that happening with Lawson
Ricciardo never crashes the car. I can count on 1 hand the number of crashes that Ricciardo had in the last 5 years. Even when he could not drive the Mclaren, he never crashed it. With the budget situation, Red Bull need this. They cannot afford Tsunoda and Lawson.

The estimated 5 million in damages that Sergio Perez has cost this team will be felt for the next 3-4 years. In this budget cap era, you just cannot afford it. Every dollar in damages is a dollar that cannot be used for development. If people want to know why Red Bull can't bring more updates, it is because Sergio Perez spent 5 million dollars of the budget to make carbon fibre confetti.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 29 Jul 2024, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Paa wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 01:15
AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:35
:wtf:
They let Perez put up a DRS train from lap 13 to lap 22 which destroyed Max's race because he couldn't pass Russell since Russell was getting the DRS from Perez.

Those 10 laps took away Max's chance to win.

After the race in Hungary, Max in a Dutch interview was telling that they have all the data to make decisions and if he has all that, he can make a decision himself and that he should think of installing it in his car. :)
I thought he would do that for this race. With the strategy team appears to have been offended by the Hungary rants and doesn't want to work for him, I think he now has a better case to get a computer screen installed in his cockpit to make his own strategy decisions. That would be one less reason for the world to be angry about. :)

I am happy that now everyone is as frustrated with Perez as I have been.