2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Praying that they can make some mechanical corrections on the front at some point like McLaren did at Miami and Merc did at Hungary which could unlock more performance... But wishful thinking perhaps

On the brighter side, we might be free from Perez era

Dunlay
Dunlay

Juzh wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:10
Dunlay wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:52
What was that smokescreen qualifying performance from Red Bull? What happened to the pace in the race? Has the team spoken about what happened, where did the pace go?
Yeah, really strange to just drop off like that. They lost something like 0,5s of relative performance from Q to race. Maybe we also saw some Max magic yesterday as per usual.
In race, RB20 was clipping almost at the middle of kemmel straight whereas Mercedes was carrying top speed until the braking points (comparing without DRS). Did you observe that? They were slow on that straight. With DRS Max was achieving 345kph whereas Russell was reaching 334 kph.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

organic wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 03:14
Praying that they can make some mechanical corrections on the front at some point like McLaren did at Miami and Merc did at Hungary which could unlock more performance... But wishful thinking perhaps

On the brighter side, we might be free from Perez era
The Perez era was way longer than it should have been.

Jurgen von Diaz

AR3-GP wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 02:08

It is Lawson or Riccardo. It will probably be Riccardo which should be an improvement on current day Perez. But there's always a risk he goes full McLaren and just can't settle himself with the car. I dont see that happening with Lawson
Ricciardo never crashes the car. I can count on 1 hand the number of crashes that Ricciardo had in the last 5 years. Even when he could not drive the Mclaren, he never crashed it. With the budget situation, Red Bull need this. They cannot afford Tsunoda and Lawson.

The estimated 5 million in damages that Sergio Perez has cost this team will be felt for the next 3-4 years. In this budget cap era, you just cannot afford it. Every dollar in damages is a dollar that cannot be used for development. If people want to know why Red Bull can't bring more updates, it is because Sergio Perez spent 5 million dollars of the budget to make carbon fibre confetti.
This still looks silly when they are considering promoting Ricciardo, who has been outperformed by Tsunoda. They are literally saying they will not promote the faster driver, even though they need a faster driver than Pérez. This is ridiculous.

DDopey
DDopey

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 07:56
This still looks silly when they are considering promoting Ricciardo, who has been outperformed by Tsunoda. They are literally saying they will not promote the faster driver, even though they need a faster driver than Pérez. This is ridiculous.
I think it would make sense to put Ricciardo in the second seat. Let’s see if he can make it happen. Put Lawson against Yuki and see who comes on top. Then after this year you got all the data you need to know for the driver lineup for 2025.

Jurgen von Diaz

DDopey wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 07:56
I think it would make sense to put Ricciardo in the second seat. Let’s see if he can make it happen. Put Lawson against Yuki and see who comes on top. Then after this year you got all the data you need to know for the driver lineup for 2025.
They have Tsunoda and Sainz available, who are in theory faster than Pérez, but still, they are giving CPR to Ricciardo, who has been outperformed by his teammates since 2021. Makes no sense to me. They are missing the old band with Ricciardo but forget that he hasn't rocked in years.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

I personally expect that Sergio will still be there after the summer break. I think they just ignited the rumours yesterday so it'll be what most people talk about over the summer break.

Holm86

SirBastianVettel wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 08:55
I personally expect that Sergio will still be there after the summer break. I think they just ignited the rumours yesterday so it'll be what most people talk about over the summer break.
It would be way more humane to just let him go now, so he can enjoy his summer break, and work on maybe getting a contract with another team for next year while there's still seats available

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

How Perez was supposed to give the place to Verstappen in the first stint as there was Russell between them

I think otherwise the team would've let Max by

venkyhere
venkyhere

Spoutnik wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 23:12
Why RB did run with such a high DF package knowing Max will take a penalty, and the DRS zone will be shortened ?
There was nothing wrong with the DF package. DRS overtake was tough due to shortening of the zone in Kemmel straight and dirty air problem was exacerbated due to the low wing levels in general. Look how Norris struggled to get past Max despite having a lower wing.

However, I think the issue was the starting tyre.

As I mentioned even before the race, Max should have started on H, continued until halfway distance on it, gaining track position (like how Sainz did by starting on H), and then just gone full attack for two M stints of 10-11 laps each. I am sure the tyre delta would have been large enough to overcome the DRS zone length shortening and the dirty air problem. He could have easily finished P3 and run most of his race in clean air & utilize the time gains from sector2 (which he was never able to do, running in dirty air almost entire race).

Sergej
Sergej

Bill
Bill

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 02:47
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 02:08

It is Lawson or Riccardo. It will probably be Riccardo which should be an improvement on current day Perez. But there's always a risk he goes full McLaren and just can't settle himself with the car. I dont see that happening with Lawson
Ricciardo never crashes the car. I can count on 1 hand the number of crashes that Ricciardo had in the last 5 years. Even when he could not drive the Mclaren, he never crashed it. With the budget situation, Red Bull need this. They cannot afford Tsunoda and Lawson.

The estimated 5 million in damages that Sergio Perez has cost this team will be felt for the next 3-4 years. In this budget cap era, you just cannot afford it. Every dollar in damages is a dollar that cannot be used for development. If people want to know why Red Bull can't bring more updates, it is because Sergio Perez spent 5 million dollars of the budget to make carbon fibre confetti.
the crashthing is getting overblown daniel cant get the redbull seat on merit so you have use some arbitrary metric to discredit other drivers.dan has 2.3 million worth of damages these year max and yuki are on 0.9 million .so the facts cant back your theory.

Jambier

They should put Lawson

Bill
Bill

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 21:38
Perez had to let out at the start because he couldn't risk a crash. And that gave the win to hamilton. But it's Perezs own poor form that caused him to not afford another crash.

Red bull is also losing records to Mercedes. And they will continue to considering Mercedes is going with 2 top teir drivers in Russell and Antonelli.

Riccardo or Tsunoda won't cut it. Maybe Lawson can ? I dunno. Sainz would be a better bet
ric and yuki are not bad drivers infact they are doing well the best drivers in the midfield while driving seventh best car after Haas .yuki last year put backmarker car into p11 position many times.russell is not all that he didnt score a single point on a william before joining mercedes.is the car that make the man yuki had a great race in miami against russell on a merc.all these top drivers look ordinary ones the car has no pace

Bill
Bill

Dunlay wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 04:27
Juzh wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:10
Dunlay wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:52
What was that smokescreen qualifying performance from Red Bull? What happened to the pace in the race? Has the team spoken about what happened, where did the pace go?
Yeah, really strange to just drop off like that. They lost something like 0,5s of relative performance from Q to race. Maybe we also saw some Max magic yesterday as per usual.
In race, RB20 was clipping almost at the middle of kemmel straight whereas Mercedes was carrying top speed until the braking points (comparing without DRS). Did you observe that? They were slow on that straight. With DRS Max was achieving 345kph whereas Russell was reaching 334 kph.
only perez maybe thats why his race was bad